Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Arsenal (A)

Totally agree. I had a season ticket for nearly 30 years but had to give it up. Used to go nearly all away matches & built up my priority by collecting away 'stamps'

Still went on maybe 10 aways each of last 3 seasons but now find myself Behind those who have had a season ticket for 2 seasons and never been to an away match.

I am not saying I should be in front of these people but neither should I be behind them. The old system was the fairest whereby season ticket holders with loyalty stamps be put first followed by season ticket holders. Members etc. whoever came up with the bright idea of changing it really needs to have another look.

The old system as you say is no different to the new system. It just has more dates instead of P1,P2 and P3, members, general sale.

Ie Season ticket holders despite how many aways they attended are still before members, general sale and rightly so, they buy a ST in advance and attend every home game.

Why should someone who won't commit to a ST be ahead of them for aways when the club make no money at all from away tickets?

The old system as you say is no different to the new system. It just has more dates instead of P1,P2 and P3, members, general sale.

Ie Season ticket holders despite how many aways they attended are still before members, general sale and rightly so, they buy a ST in advance and attend every home game.

Why should someone who won't commit to a ST be ahead of them for aways when the club make no money at all from away tickets?

I have a season ticket. However despite regularly attending away matches I get lower priority than other season ticket holders that have never been on an away match simply because they had a season ticket last season. That is where it differs to the old system where by it was season ticket holders with x away stamps (not season ticket holders last season and this season with x stamps). As I said I should not have higher priority but equally so I should not have lower priority.

I have a season ticket. However despite regularly attending away matches I get lower priority than other season ticket holders that have never been on an away match simply because they had a season ticket last season. That is where it differs to the old system where by it was season ticket holders with x away stamps (not season ticket holders last season and this season with x stamps). In very simple terms they gave a fifty point bonus to season ticket holders who had a season ticket last year. As I said I should not have higher priority but equally so I should not have lower priority.

I have a season ticket. However despite regularly attending away matches I get lower priority than other season ticket holders that have never been on an away match simply because they had a season ticket last season. That is where it differs to the old system where by it was season ticket holders with x away stamps (not season ticket holders last season and this season with x stamps). In very simple terms they gave a fifty point bonus to season ticket holders who had a season ticket last year. As I said I should not have higher priority but equally so I should not have lower priority.

Well in the eyes of the Club, and many other fans, they are rightly protecting those who pumped money into the Club and remained loyal after the disastrous last few months of 2012/13.

Not saying you in particular only got a season ticket because we're now in the PL but having an additional 9,000 fans who have somehow managed to switch their Saturday shift at work the year that we happen to be back in the PL is more than a little coincidental.

You may have also had a ST in the past but effective system-based record keeping (ie not just how many stubs you got?) has only really been in place for the last few years during which they have always worked on a two year cycle for away points.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is them do is add loyalty points for however many home games you went to last season - maybe 2 points for each home game (non-STHs only) and 3 for a cup game (everyone). Not sure if they do that but I think that would encourage people and give non-STHs a genuine chance of getting a little bit of a boost over the real newcomers who never attended in the Champo.

Yes c-man that would have been a much fairer system and of course I respect that season ticket holders should be protected. What I still believe is unfair is that last season's season ticket gives a 50 bonus so, as I said, as a season ticket holder who regularly goes on away matches I am behind some that have never been on an away match. The previous system would have prevented that. Also, in truth, you only need to look at this forum to see people regularly giving away there references.

Well in the eyes of the Club, and many other fans, they are rightly protecting those who pumped money into the Club and remained loyal after the disastrous last few months of 2012/13.

Not saying you in particular only got a season ticket because we're now in the PL but having an additional 9,000 fans who have somehow managed to switch their Saturday shift at work the year that we happen to be back in the PL is more than a little coincidental.

You may have also had a ST in the past but effective system-based record keeping (ie not just how many stubs you got?) has only really been in place for the last few years during which they have always worked on a two year cycle for away points.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is them do is add loyalty points for however many home games you went to last season - maybe 2 points for each home game (non-STHs only) and 3 for a cup game (everyone). Not sure if they do that but I think that would encourage people and give non-STHs a genuine chance of getting a little bit of a boost over the real newcomers who never attended in the Champo.

I was a member last year (mainly cause i live mostly abroad) and went to a fair few away matches, and they did add those points onto my season ticket this year.  Obviously I am not in the top priority, but at least I am not bottom of the ST rung and it has helped this season, but not for the Man U nor Arsenal :(

the system will never be fair to everyone. My mate has been to more away games and home games the last 4 years than me but I've been to far more overall as have attended since 1981 bar a few years when my eldest (a daughter was born). She thinks I'm a johnny come lately because I missed about 4 seasons in that space yet forgets that she only started attending in glory years of MON. fans dip in and out according to life's priorities - its easy for young free and single 17/18 year olds to go on concessionary rates and no mortgages or kids to pay for. the new system is pretty fair, id actually prioritise those who have had a season ticket for 3 plus years though.

I have a spare ticket for Arsenal away as, unfortunately, I will now be out of the country on that day.
I want only the face value for it = £11.25. 
It is, however, a concessionary ticket, i.e. for over-65s or under-16s.
The seat is Block 21 Lower Tier, Row B, Seat 638; enter via Clock End Turnstile K.

If anyone is interested, they can pick it up from where I live in Wigston. Or, I will be at Old Trafford on Saturday, and could arrange to meet there.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

I have a spare ticket for Arsenal away as, unfortunately, I will now be out of the country on that day.

I want only the face value for it = £11.25. 

It is, however, a concessionary ticket, i.e. for over-65s or under-16s.

The seat is Block 21 Lower Tier, Row B, Seat 638; enter via Clock End Turnstile K.

If anyone is interested, they can pick it up from where I live in Wigston. Or, I will be at Old Trafford on Saturday, and could arrange to meet there.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

I'll have this if anyone can confirm that there is a barcode system at Arsenal?

Can meet you at OT on Sat too mate.

Unfortunately been forced to go away with work next week so can no longer make Arsenal game anymore so have 1 spare ticket, only want face value as Im one of those cliched people 'Just want another City fan to enjoy it'. Anyone around the Portsmouth area can collect from me or elsewhere we can try to arrange something else, PM me.

Archived