Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

***alternative ending 3: Ulloa plays, Okazaki dropped and we score goals, play well and win.

****alternative ending 4: Ulloa plays, does nothing to prevent us conceding from corners, gives away a penalty that the ref somehow misses, wins a few headers that don't really go anywhere, tempts us into too many long balls when their weak spots are down the flanks, but otherwise puts in a decent performance at a very similar level to Okazaki

****alternative ending 4: Ulloa plays, does nothing to prevent us conceding from corners, gives away a penalty that the ref somehow misses, wins a few headers that don't really go anywhere, tempts us into too many long balls when their weak spots are down the flanks, but otherwise puts in a decent performance at a very similar level to Okazaki

lol lol lol

*Gets flagged for offside when he wasn't, backheels it to Vardy who finishes

On other news, the team prove imblue's first half prediction that we wouldn't come back from 1-0 down completely wrong. Marc Albrighton, who imblue believes is inferior to Anthony Knockaert grabs two assists. And Sol Bamba, who imblue believes is a solid premier league defender is still reeling from his side conceding two goals in the opening six minutes at home to Blackburn rovers.

Come on mate, I appreciate your contributions but maybe it's time to take a break from the keyboard. lol

On other news, the team prove imblue's first half prediction that we wouldn't come back from 1-0 down completely wrong. Marc Albrighton, who imblue believes is inferior to Anthony Knockaert grabs two assists. And Sol Bamba, who imblue believes is a solid premier league defender is still reeling from his side conceding two goals in the opening six minutes at home to Blackburn rovers.

Come on mate, I appreciate your contributions but maybe it's time to take a break from the keyboard. lol

Can't always be right like you

Agree with Thracian, we need another goalscoring striker, if Vardy gets injured I don't think any of the others step up and replace his goals. If we don't rate Kramaric sell him, we'd probably still get £5m, and bring in someone we're going to use.

Agree with Thracian, we need another goalscoring striker, if Vardy gets injured I don't think any of the others step up and replace his goals. If we don't rate Kramaric sell him, we'd probably still get £5m, and bring in someone we're going to use.

I agree if Vardy does get injured. I would class Ulloa as a goalscoring striker but that would involve us completely chamging our game. Let's just hope he doesn't get an injury.

Getting someone like Austin in for example creates its own problems as he would expect to be a starting so would have to build a strong understanding with JV

no idea what ulloa did today that okazaki wouldn't be criticized for? 

Ulloa's never going to be the most elegant footballer but he does tend to make something happen in relation to goals which I don't think has been the case with Shinji. And, for a striker, that quality seems vital to me.

Vardy and Mahrez are the same, in totally different ways to each other. but the fact is that all three are a threat. If Shinji looked a threat I'd be speaking differently about him but most of the time he doesn't. He works hards, he harries people but he doesn't threaten their cohesion as a striker should.

Didn't he play a part in the Vardy goal and that after a longish lay-off. Ulloa's never going to be the most elegant footballer but he does tend to make something happen in relation to goals which I don't think has been the case with Shinji. And, for a striker, that quality seems vital to me.

Vardy and Mahrez are the same, in totally different ways to each other. but the fact is that all three are a threat. If Shinji looked a threat I'd be speaking differently about him but most of the time he doesn't. He works hards, he harries people but he doesn't threaten their cohesion as a striker should.

umm, no? 

he didnt do much at all really and wasn't even any good at defending. i like both players and can see pluses and bad points about both etc but if okazaki played the exact same game as ulloa did today there'd be 3 or 4 more pages in this thread saying he didn't do anything. 

Didn't he play a part in the Vardy goal and that after a longish lay-off. Ulloa's never going to be the most elegant footballer but he does tend to make something happen in relation to goals which I don't think has been the case with Shinji. And, for a striker, that quality seems vital to me.

He was subbed off before Vardy’s goal so her certainly played no part in that. He didn't make anything happen in relation to goals today. He was no more effective than Okazaki usually is, which might be a fine argument in favour of signing a new striker, but it's not in favour of Ulloa being ahead of Okazaki in the pecking order at this moment in time.

Thanks Scouse and Moose. My comment's been duly amended, although my feelings about our strikers remain. And if Shinji proves me wrong I'll be as pleased as everyone else.

Watching the Vardy goal Kante gave such a telling pass but what brilliant support from Drinkwater and from such a deep position. I've commented in the past about the need for team-mates to bust a gut in sticking with Vardy and trusting that he might make something happen.

Drinky's run helped him immensely and gave him an option at the death as well. Outstanding - one of the selfless runs of the season so far.       

Yeah, ImBlue who said we should sack Pearson regardless and get a manager who can take us to a new level and that Ranieri was a top appointment. Win some you lose some mate.

Thanks Scouse and Moose. My comment's been duly amended, although my feelings about our strikers remain. And if Shinji proves me wrong I'll be as pleased as everyone else.

Watching the Vardy goal Kante gave such a telling pass but what brilliant support from Drinkwater and from such a deep position. I've commented in the past about the need for team-mates to bust a gut in sticking with Vardy and trusting that he might make something happen.

Drinky's run helped him immensely and gave him an option at the death as well. Outstanding - one of the selfless runs of the season so far.       

I thought as much too, the run 'assisted' that goal as much as his actual pass.

Why are people getting so wrapped up in Shinji?

For me Ulloa is as much a foil for Vardy as he is.

There are players IMO far more crucial to this team than Okazaki.

If we lost the blistering runs of Schlupp, the aerial ability of Huth and of course, Vardy's goals, we'd look a different side.

Ulloa for Shinji? Yeah fine..

If we lost the blistering runs of Schlupp, the aerial ability of Huth and of course, Vardy's goals, we'd look a different side.

Shinji changes the whole make up of the front line by harassing and pressing. Leo doesn't.

Shinji changes the whole make up of the front line by harassing and pressing. Leo doesn't.

Ulloa offers a different type of threat.

The point I'm making is I don't see Shinji as a crucial player into is side,. Not like some of the other players.

He's ok, he plays a part but I think he'll become more of a fringe player personally.

I'm not "wrapped up in him". I think he's a competent if unspectacular forward player who is about on a level with Ulloa who offers a different, but not necessarily more dangerous threat. I think the support for him on this thread is more about defending him against posters calling him "a disgusting player" and so on, which is obviously massively OTT.

Archived