Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

I find it astonishing that some people can't see the difference between being low on confidence and being shit. His final product has been poor recently but he is a proven international goal scorer and that will come. What he does well is shield the ball, hold it up well, usually makes good decisions in build up play, hassles defenders etc.

He hasn't quite lived up to his first couple of games but he's been a part of one of our best sides in living memory so cut him a little bit of slack at least.

We're a better second half team, that's been proven. We didn't improve yesterday because of Okazaki but on the flip side we've not improved in previous games just because he's gone off. Our superior fitness makes us a very different proposition to teams in the second half of games and we have the firepower to take full advantage of it.

So far he's been no better than Nugent imo, infact I preferred Nuge. Still needs to be given time to prove himself though

Absolutely this. He's so obviously shit its unbelievable people are trying to use the confidence excuse.

Yeah you are right he's obviously just shit that's why he's had a very good career in the top flight and at international level. That's why he was nominated for the Ballon d'or. That's why we chased him for multiple transfer windows and decided he was worth a pretty hefty fee. That's why we've been doing so well with him in the team. Damn just imagine what he could achieve if he wasn't shit.

We're a better second half team, that's been proven. We didn't improve yesterday because of Okazaki but on the flip side we've not improved in previous games just because he's gone off. Our superior fitness makes us a very different proposition to teams in the second half of games and we have the firepower to take full advantage of it.

So far he's been no better than Nugent imo, infact I preferred Nuge. Still needs to be given time to prove himself though

Selling Nuge seems like such a knee-jerk reaction now, doesn't it? With the form Vardy is in, you have to think Nugent would have benefited quite a bit considering how well the two played off of each other. Shinji seems like a similar player but without that psychic link to our leading scorer and he also never gets a shot off. Nuge managed to get shots and came up with a some absolute gems when you least expected it. 

I think Shinji has looked fairly solid in his second-half sub spots. Made a few nice moves yesterday, but if he's never going to get a shot off, what's the point? That is by far the main concern for me, way more than the fact that he spends most of his time on the floor. How many shots has he had all season? Feels like he isn't even in double digits. 

Frankly I'm not convinced yet by him.

I would have put Leo on for Schlupp not Shinji. Jeff had a poor first half buT did link well with rest of team. His shooting is either amazing (when he reacts) or awful if he has time to think.

I think the reason we won was not due to the subs but due to luck. Marez moving to wing did help so tactically Ranieri got it right. He did try swapping Jeff and Albrighton in first half, then swapped Jeff for Mahrez.

Of note Shinji has mainly been subbed at half time or come on as a sub, there must be a reason. I want him to do well for us however remain sceptical.

Failed to shoot when he should have, they broke and should have scored. Worked hard though I suppose which is enough for some. Good to see his falling over and throwing his he'd back hasn't changed. Wish the kid would try to stay on his feet sometimes.

He didn't fall over, he was knocked over because he knows how to win a foul. He won numerous free kicks that relieved the pressure at 2-1. Textbook display of defensive work by an attacker.

Interestingly I was reading an interview from shinji back in September where he said he was confident in his ability to help out the defence. Makes me wonder whether ranieri has maybe told him to be the first line of defence, concentrating on not giving the opposition time high up the pitch. If that his role then he is doing it superbly.

People are concentrating on the one time he should have had a shot but that's a laughably simplistic way of looking at his contribution. Honestly, I'm actually laughing at how basic that argument is.

He reminds me a lot of Vardy in his first season with us. He looks for the pass instead of taking a shot himself. He is good enough we can see that, but it looks like he is short of confidence. Hopefully a goal or two and 90 minutes will give him the boost he needs. If all four of our forwards are in form at the same time, we will out score anyone!

He didn't fall over, he was knocked over because he knows how to win a foul. He won numerous free kicks that relieved the pressure at 2-1. Textbook display of defensive work by an attacker.

Interestingly I was reading an interview from shinji back in September where he said he was confident in his ability to help out the defence. Makes me wonder whether ranieri has maybe told him to be the first line of defence, concentrating on not giving the opposition time high up the pitch. If that his role then he is doing it superbly.

People are concentrating on the one time he should have had a shot but that's a laughably simplistic way of looking at his contribution. Honestly, I'm actually laughing at how basic that argument is.

They immediately went up the other end after tackling him and nearly got in behind us that was the problem.

He won a few fouls, but I remember at least one time he threw himself of the floor, won nothing, and were then one man down and he's gave it them back about 35 yards out. id prefer him to try and stay up, but the problem is when he has turned someone, he's so slow he can't get away from them! So in my opinion takes the easy way out and goes down whenever he can.

Are you really saying that Jeff Schlupp hasn't improved as a player?

Jeff has improved, albeit from a very low base. But if I was looking for a player from our squad who has improved for shinji to use as an example, it wouldn't be Jeff Schlupp. Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater to name a few have all improved way more than Jeff.

Jeff has improved, albeit from a very low base. But if I was looking for a player from our squad who has improved for shinji to use as an example, it wouldn't be Jeff Schlupp. Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater to name a few have all improved way more than Jeff.

Actually Jeff is perfect. absolutely woeful attacking wise, but works hard and runs a lot. Shinji will never get close to the level of the other named 3, especially the first 2.

Actually Jeff is perfect. absolutely woeful attacking wise, but works hard and runs a lot. Shinji will never get close to the level of the other named 3, especially the first 2.

Your hatred of Okazaki is proper weird.

Archived