Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Actually Jeff is perfect. absolutely woeful attacking wise, but works hard and runs a lot. Shinji will never get close to the level of the other named 3, especially the first 2.

lol

Shinji doesn't need a role model in reality. He has superb pedigree and most football people can see the value of his contribution.

I find it astonishing that some people can't see the difference between being low on confidence and being shit. His final product has been poor recently but he is a proven international goal scorer and that will come. What he does well is shield the ball, hold it up well, usually makes good decisions in build up play, hassles defenders etc.

He hasn't quite lived up to his first couple of games but he's been a part of one of our best sides in living memory so cut him a little bit of slack at least.

Yes he's got seven goals in 2015 at international level.

Palestine

Tunisia

Uzbekistan

Iraq

Afghanistan (2)

Syria

I get that he's a hard worker and puts a shift in but I want more from my No 10, if he's not scoring or assisting goals then it's not enough.

At some point he'll have to up his game and contribute or be replaced.

The No 10 should be one of the best players in the team and he just isn't. The only hope I have for him is he scored 12 in the Bundesliga last season so he must have something about him but anyone who thinks he's been up to scratch so far has very low expectations of our No 10.

Frankly I'm not convinced yet by him.

I would have put Leo on for Schlupp not Shinji. Jeff had a poor first half buT did link well with rest of team. His shooting is either amazing (when he reacts) or awful if he has time to think.

I think the reason we won was not due to the subs but due to luck. Marez moving to wing did help so tactically Ranieri got it right. He did try swapping Jeff and Albrighton in first half, then swapped Jeff for Mahrez.

Of note Shinji has mainly been subbed at half time or come on as a sub, there must be a reason. I want him to do well for us however remain sceptical.

Ulloa is still our second best striker but he has suffered because of Vardy this season.

They're both No 9's and Vardy has made that shirt his own, we should be buying a No 10 ASAP to compliment Vardy.

Vardy has done enough to have a team built around him.

He didn't fall over, he was knocked over because he knows how to win a foul. He won numerous free kicks that relieved the pressure at 2-1. Textbook display of defensive work by an attacker.

Interestingly I was reading an interview from shinji back in September where he said he was confident in his ability to help out the defence. Makes me wonder whether ranieri has maybe told him to be the first line of defence, concentrating on not giving the opposition time high up the pitch. If that his role then he is doing it superbly.

People are concentrating on the one time he should have had a shot but that's a laughably simplistic way of looking at his contribution. Honestly, I'm actually laughing at how basic that argument is.

Come on moose, I know you like him and i respect that, I want him to prove me wrong, but that statement is ridiculous, He's not deliberately trying to win fouls in a clever way, He's just not strong enough and cant stay up. 

You can call it a basic argument, but this is a player that came from the bundesliga on the back of scoring 30 goals in 2 seasons... now he's not doing that, the fans that like him are throwing him a lifeline and saying scoring goals is not his role all of a sudden, and it's okay if he does not because he's not on the pitch to score... Sounds like an excuse to me.

On that basis he does exactly the same job as vardy, yet vardy is scoring and Shinji is not... 

I've said it before and you conveniently ignored it, Okazaki statistically is a worse link up player than Ulloa is per 90 minutes.

He also can't hold the ball up very well, is not strong, is not really that quick, is often out of position, and does not win headers.

I'd happily back him if he adds goals, clearly his workrate is 2nd to none, but statistically he's not as good as Nugent or Ulloa at it....

Should have gave it back to Vardy when the Watford right back got attracted to the ball.

Danny Drinkwater running half the pitch to get ahead of Okazaki and give him an option, great to see.

Anything would have been better than what he did. Drinky and Jamie are the easy options, Mahrez would have been great but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he probably was out of Shinji's vision.

I feel like this is what Shinji does every time he gets the ball: draw contact, go down, get a free kick. That's great at the end of games when we're time wasting to kill the game off but he had a prime attacking position and acted like we were time wasting. He had too much room to not make a play and he wasn't going into traffic to create space for other players. He wanted the foul at the expense of many better options, threw himself into a defender, and Watford went on the counter. No wonder he's never involved in the attack and never looks a threat to score if this is what he's going to do when he gets the ball.

Yes he's got seven goals in 2015 at international level.

Palestine

Tunisia

Uzbekistan

Iraq

Afghanistan (2)

Syria

I get that he's a hard worker and puts a shift in but I want more from my No 10, if he's not scoring or assisting goals then it's not enough.

At some point he'll have to up his game and contribute or be replaced.

The No 10 should be one of the best players in the team and he just isn't. The only hope I have for him is he scored 12 in the Bundesliga last season so he must have something about him but anyone who thinks he's been up to scratch so far has very low expectations of our No 10.

Up to scratch or not he's the best we've got there. You are basically saying he has to be one of the best players in the team or he's useless....bit unfair, don't you think?

Up to scratch or not he's the best we've got there. You are basically saying he has to be one of the best players in the team or he's useless....bit unfair, don't you think?

£8m for a 29 year old international and you expect him to be one of the best in the team. £8m for a squad player is expensive don't you think?

and that's his fault is it? :doh:

He has added to the squad, fine. Not really added to the XI in my opinion. Which for the money spent, we as fans have every reason to be disappointed.

It's not personally his fault he isn't really good enough, just unfortunate we wasted so much money on him really.

Edit: He is paid a lot of money, and we pay a lot of money to watch him(&team), Hence he should deliver, and we can be disappointed if he doesn't.

Shinji looks like a David Nugent who can't score goals at the moment, but I'm no knocking him because he gives it his all and I like these type of players. Like Nuge he came on yesterday and changed the game because we started creating chances. A bit of confidence and I'm sure he'll start flying.

Or stay on his feet

We do not miss Nugent at all. Where has his name popped up from and why?! He barely scored last season himself and had played at the level before.

What do you mean where has his name popped up from? Have you forgotten that we sold him this summer and his replacement is doing no better or something?

What do you mean where has his name popped up from? Have you forgotten that we sold him this summer and his replacement is doing no better or something?

Nugent got 5 goals and 2 assists in 29 and wasn't deemed good enough at this level. Okazaki has 1 in 12 and 0 assists.

And I actually think nugent added more in terms of making runs, closing down etc.

What annoys me is that stupid theatrical dive he does when he goes down.

It wouldn't annoy me that much if he actually had a legitimate reason to go down all the time, but half the time (including the chance on the last page), he either leans into the player and flails about or just stands still and falls over. You'd think he'd have learnt by now that he isn't actually getting the free kick the majority of the time so ****ing stop

It wouldn't annoy me that much if he actually had a legitimate reason to go down all the time, but half the time (including the chance on the last page), he either leans into the player and flails about or just stands still and falls over. You'd think he'd have learnt by now that he isn't actually getting the free kick the majority of the time so ****ing stop

1.4 fouls per game, falls over atleast 5-10 times a game  lol

Was genuinely surprised that Leo was dropped after last week, as was highlighted, when Mahrez scored his 1st they had 3 men in and around leo in the box.

I still think that used correctly him and Vardy are our best partnership now Nuge has gone, those 2 seemed to link up really well.

I understand why Shinji came on at the weekend when he did to try and close down, add a bit more energy up front, but honestly I have yet to see what he offers, he spends so much time too deep, and as has been mentioned if he does back into or try to roll the defender he seems to end up on the deck for little or no reason, waving his arms about like he is trying to guide the owners plane into land.

I so desperately want him to succeed and contribute more on the scoring side of things.

imagine my sense of anticipation when Shinji made that swift move into the Watford box around the 52nd minute, only to be let down by some poor ball control... Oh, what could've been...

Archived