Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2015

Shame that, Warner was on for the highest ODI score ever if he'd batted through there.

Pakistan claim a big win against the UAE - the India v Windies and Pak v Saffer games will be critical for Irelands chances. Need big wins for both India and SA in both as well as a decent win v Zimbabwe to give them leeway going into the final match.

Guest MattP

Ireland will need to win both, certain of that. NRR is going to take another pounding as well as they have to play India.

Their run rate isn't going to be enough after scraping past the UAE last over.

I think Zimbabwe might beat them anyway, will certainly be a tight match.

Ireland will need to win both, certain of that. NRR is going to take another pounding as well as they have to play India.

Their run rate isn't going to be enough after scraping past the UAE last over.

I think Zimbabwe might beat them anyway, will certainly be a tight match.

Can see the Saffers stuffing Pakistan too which might even things out some.

Provided that happens Ireland may well be able to get away with losing against Zim as long as they beat Pakistan or vice versa, as I can see them going into the final match either just ahead of Pakistan in terms of NRR so can escape with a narrow loss (if they beat Zim) or about one point below so needing to win by about 50 runs or with 5 overs to spare (if they don't).

If India do a number on WI it may well get more complicated too.

In any case it's going to be a close finish.

Guest MattP

I can't see any way how they could go into the final match just ahead of Pakistan on NRR - they have won 2 from 3 and are about a run behind with India still to play who will batter their bowlers, I think they'd need to beat Zimbabwe comfortably and see South Africa absolutely obliterate Pakistan for that to happen.

Ireland v Pakistan looks like a last 16 match to me unless somethng seriously crazy happens.

I can't see any way how they could go into the final match just ahead of Pakistan on NRR - they have won 2 from 3 and are about a run behind with India still to play who will batter their bowlers, I think they'd need to beat Zimbabwe comfortably and see South Africa absolutely obliterate Pakistan for that to happen.

Ireland v Pakistan looks like a last 16 match to me unless somethng seriously crazy happens.

You're probably right - it'll probably be a straight knockout, the window for either side to lose and still go through will likely be very narrow. But I think the possibility will be there.

Genuinely shit or bust against Bangladesh. Can see it getting very nervy for England whereas there will be little to no pressure on Bangladesh.

Am I right in thinking that if that game were to be abandoned then we would be out? lol

Guest ttfn

The tournament moves way too slowly in its current format. England are playing about once every 8 days - they could get it done in about 1/3 of the time.

Guest MattP

Genuinely shit or bust against Bangladesh. Can see it getting very nervy for England whereas there will be little to no pressure on Bangladesh.

Am I right in thinking that if that game were to be abandoned then we would be out? lol

Yep, if it's off we are goners lol

I think it could be a very tight match, I'd want to be bowling first.

SA making a tough go of this chase. ABDV rescuing them somewhat until he just got out. Never thought Pakistan would win this! Only one SA wicket to get.

In the other game, Ireland dominating Zimbabwe. Latter chasing 332 and they've already lost 2 wickets.

Archived