Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2015

ABDV is insane. Didn't realise he only came in just as the 30th over ended. Absolutely incredible knock from him. He meant business today!

I get the feeling they would have been extra psyched up for this after the low score against India.

How he convinced people his action is legit I have no idea. Don't like him either.

Anyhow, this is a good total. Even in this day and age, if you can't defend 300+ either the opposition batsmen have had a blinder our you've bowled really poorly. We should be able to defend this.

If Finn turns up we'll win this.

Ballance can suck a dick and fvck off, absolute muck. Let's not pretend another sub-30 score isn't another failure for Morgan as well, the potato-eating twat.

Whoa. That's rather a lot of aggression considering this is a good total. Potato eater, really? Have we gone back 50 years?

Do agree Ballance shouldn't be anywhere near the side though, and Morgan is hardly convincing right now either.

Whoa. That's rather a lot of aggression considering this is a good total. Potato eater, really? Have we gone back 50 years?

Do agree Ballance shouldn't be anywhere near the side though, and Morgan is hardly convincing right now either.

Yeah it was pretty tongue-in-cheek actually. Wasn't alive 50 years ago so I can't confirm unfortunately.

As the pundits said several times, 300 really isn't a special total anymore, it's barely a good total. Especially on a flat deck in the blazing sunshine against an incredibly average bowling attack.

We will lose this comfortably.

Yeah it was pretty tongue-in-cheek actually. Wasn't alive 50 years ago so I can't confirm unfortunately.

As the pundits said several times, 300 really isn't a special total anymore, it's barely a good total. Especially on a flat deck in the blazing sunshine against an incredibly average bowling attack.

We will lose this comfortably.

Hahaha, that's fair enough. :-)

I reckon 300 is just about above par on this kind of surface (in the last few years I would say more sides have failed to chase 300+ than have succeeded), but given our start it should have been more.

Don't agree with losing this comfortably - they're not going to knock these off in 40 overs for instance. They might make it with wickets in hand and a couple of overs to spare though. I hope your view and my conjecture is wrong, though.

Hahaha, that's fair enough. :-)

I reckon 300 is just about above par on this kind of surface (in the last few years I would say more sides have failed to chase 300+ than have succeeded), but given our start it should have been more.

Don't agree with losing this comfortably - they're not going to knock these off in 40 overs for instance. They might make it with wickets in hand and a couple of overs to spare though. I hope your view and my conjecture is wrong, though.

I hope I'm wrong too, and I felt confident before the SL innings started, but an absolute howler in the slips and Stuart Broad being given the ball put paid to that. They'll knock off the runs with at least 5 overs to spare.

Jesus, Broad is absolutely shit.

Guest MattP

Sorry but Morgan can **** off. I've never seen such a defensive feeble captain. A village team would have knocked that off. Wickets win matches.

His bowlers must hate him.

Genuinely not taking the piss despite the timing of my asking but how big is the world cup considered to cricket fans, particularly in England where the test game is traditionally favoured?

Like obviously, it's the pinnacle of the sport in football and rugby. In cricket, would you rather be the world number one test side for a few years or win a world cup? Would you rather win the ashes a few years running or even once or win a world cup?

Guest MattP

Genuinely not taking the piss despite the timing of my asking but how big is the world cup considered to cricket fans, particularly in England where the test game is traditionally favoured?

Like obviously, it's the pinnacle of the sport in football and rugby. In cricket, would you rather be the world number one test side for a few years or win a world cup? Would you rather win the ashes a few years running or even once or win a world cup?

Would love to win a World Cup (even more so with final in Oz) but Ashes is the most important thing this year.

It's embarrassing when it's like this and the world is watching though, which they are in a World Cup.

Archived