Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, appreciated. I agree entirely Voll Blau but do you think my design of WYS is a little plain, as in could more be added to it, or is keeping it simple the way forward with something like this?

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks to brisfox, I've come across Louise McConnell's email so I've contacted her about the idea. I'll let you guys now if it goes any further.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Guest CityFan 06

Right, well I've contacted the club and the message has been forwarded onto Jim who liases with supporter groups and about flags in the South Stand. It was said it is very unlikely this will go ahead due to advertising - pretty much what I expected but worth a try I suppose.  

• 3 weeks later...

We have a flag for the back of the P block in the family stand.

Will they let us put hooks up? I'm just thinking of those plastic ones with sticky tape on the back.

If not, I presume you all just use strong tape each match ?

Anyone ITK please advise.

Yeah hooks are fine mate.

The club let us go down and screw hooks into the plastic then we can take our flags down and put them up when we want.

Guest CityFan 06

Would be good to see some flags in the Family Stand. That England one at the back of P Block, I think it is? That looks very decent.

Does not matter too much if we don't see any more flags though.

Guest CityFan 06

I'd look great to see some flags on the front rail of the Kop. I'm afraid it's not possible due to advertising though. Maybe in the near future, it depends.

We hope to have ours up at the back of the P block near the England one, this Sunday.

Nice work. If you're thinking of using hooks don't use those plastic ones with the sticky backing as they probably won't hold. Get down B&Q or wilkos and get some heavy duty picture hooks and a roll of gafa tape, that'll sort you right out! How is the St Georges flag hung up in P block do you know? I remember helping the lad who owns it hang it at West Brom away this season!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

I notice there's a new England flag in the Kop, to the left about halfway up. Looks good. I notice there's some decent ones in the Family Stand too.

Guest CityFan 06

Kop should be filled by Christmas I reckon

Pretty much there isn't it now? At the back. Not full entirely but perhaps 10 or so flags would be needed. I've said it before but some on the front rail would look superb as well. Either that or a large one which I've already got a design for.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Guest CityFan 06

If we hadn't gone in to G1 the kop would be full now. However we only need about 4 more anyway.

Yep, looking promising. There's plenty of potential for the back of the East and Family Stands in the near future too.

Just sent for mine for the euro's will hope to get it up next season

Do you know whereabouts in the ground you're planning to put it up?