Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

Could some of the union fs collection be put towards a pool for flags so we can get all the stands covered with flags, thst could be kept up permanently? Whatever the best size is. Reckon with a collection before matches you'd have enough to do lots of flags.

Just a suggestion...

Could some of the union fs collection be put towards a pool for flags so we can get all the stands covered with flags, thst could be kept up permanently? Whatever the best size is. Reckon with a collection before matches you'd have enough to do lots of flags.

Just a suggestion...

I think flags should be a more personal thing. All flags (with the exception of the main UNION FS banner have been paid for by individuals who have designed the flags themselves. Personally I think that's the best way - ensures that they are all different.

It's great to see the flags across the back. Gives it a Euro club look to it. Well done to all those that have contributed.

One question though, I remember reading on here about security being fussy about fire certificates, have they relaxed on that front now?

We've been taking ours for a couple of seasons now. Never been asked for certificates at City - we do have them - only Saints (U18 game) and Spurs have asked for them

Guest CityFan 06

Would love them on a rail down the front! I swear there used to be one there but I think its a row of King Power logos now!...

I've often wanted flags to be on the front rail for a while now, but as you said presumably the King Power branding restricts this. Would be good though as it would look amazing on TV etc. I noticed the 2 new flags tonight as pointed out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've put this one together for a Leicester City Melbourne Supporters Facebook page if i can rally enough Melbourne supporters together.

The flag, which also features on the City of Melbourne's flag features the coat of arms, with the bull, whale, ship and the fleece hanging from a red ring as you see on the flag.

On the right of the flag it says "Vires acquirit eundo" which means "she gathers strength as she goes", much like the Club that is our Leicester City, which is the City of Melbourne's motto.

Here is the original Melbourne flag: 

Flag_of_Melbourne.PNG

And here's the flag i've put together, obviously not the proper dimensions yet.

UrfDhyl.jpg

bQAOym1.jpg

I would love to get a group of Melbourne Foxes together if we don't already have one. A bit hard to work that out at this stage.

Edited by possiblygeorge
  • Like 1

Hi

Where do you guys get your high res pics from, Im no expert but im guessing most you get from google images are low quality and will not print onto a large flag (Maybe 2.5m x 1.5)

Cheers

Most of the flags don't use images taken straight from the web, they're almost all processed by some degree to make them stand out better against a blue background. Most of the are then converted to a vector image using Photoshop or Inkscape so they don't lose the quality when they get scaled up. Proper Photoshop wizards can whip up scalable version of things like the badges which are really useful.

Hope that helps! 

Oh, and the size you proposed there is a tad too big if you want hang it at the back of the Kop, the perspex hoarding is about 1.2m high, so if the flag is deeper than that it will hang over the white metal beam and not sit quite right. 2x1.2m is a good size. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Sorry if I've missed this in the thread.

We are doing a couple of flags for the back of the family stand near the away block.

We want to include the three club badges that people often use on the flags.

Where can we get High Res pictures of the club badges. The ones we used when blown up were all blurry.

Sorry, not very techie, if you can help please post an easy to understand link.

We are doing a couple of flags for the back of the family stand near the away block.

Where can we get High Res pictures of the club badges. The ones we used when blown up were all blurry.

Where are you thinking of getting them made? On footy flags you can design (relatively simple) online and they have properly scalable badges, that's the easiest way to do it if you don't have the files but it's quite expensive.

If you want to design it yourself and send it off for printing drop me a PM and I can send you some files I use sometimes. 

Guest CityFan 06

Some of you might or might not of already seen me mention this, but for a while now I've been looking into creating a long flag to be positioned on the front rail of the Kop, from SK1 to SK4.

Ideally, I need to speak to a representative of the club in some way, to see whether they'd be interested in what I have to say, and also whether they would be willing to allow this idea to go ahead (covering the King Power advertising boards might cause an issue). 

Having seen the flags at the back of the Kop already and the way they have added so much more character to our Kop end, I feel this is a great opportunity to have a permanent flag on the front rail, with some quotes which are very relevant to the three recent successful years this club has experienced. The atmosphere we generate at Filbert Way now as well, I think this is the perfect time for the stadium to have more added uniqueness. I've been to many football stadia where specific quotes, particular sayings and supportive words are emblazoned onto stands, and personally I think ours would look so good too if we were to have something like this. 

I haven't thought a great deal about the flag related companies and whether they would design such a large scale flag. Also the pricing of it could be extremely high. But, this is where I thought the club could help, because if they were interested in letting this go ahead, perhaps the flag could be co-designed and constructed by the help of Leicester City. I'm not sure on that but having the club's backing would be useful and important. 

Anyway, here are five preliminary designs that I've made so far. These designs are fairly basic, perhaps a bit plain? Please note the designs are small purposefully, obviously in real life they would be on a much bigger scale. Let me know what you think. Bad/good points, improvements, thoughts about the actual idea, all comments welcome.

post-19049-0-92374200-1459954049_thumb.p    post-19049-0-73020800-1459953883_thumb.p

post-19049-0-39790200-1459951811_thumb.p    post-19049-0-48676200-1459953984_thumb.p

post-19049-0-29364600-1459953951_thumb.p

Edited by LeicsFox06