Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

lol

On a serious note...Villa look like signing Scott Sinclair today..Again, a player I'd love at City.

What is with this Scott Sinclair hype? West Brom fans seem to think he was their worst ever signing, he played 7 times for them last year, massive waste of wages. 

Only thing good about Sinclair is his Mrs' chebs 

The Col bashing is a little over the top here. Not being excited about signing a centre back isnt that bad is it? It adds strength to the squad but not excitement in the stands so is he really wrong in what he says?

I would disagree with him about people not batting an eyelid if he signed for another club. Huth has been mentioned several times in several threads so many on here are glad at his (potential) arrival.

The same reservations about Huth's lack of playing time can certainly be held against Sinclair as well.

Sinclairs motivations and commitment can definitely be questioned too. Young hyped player went to City for the money and has basically sat on his arse ever since.

Is he really what we need in a relegation battle?

The Col bashing is a little over the top here. Not being excited about signing a centre back isnt that bad is it? It adds strength to the squad but not excitement in the stands so is he really wrong in what he says?

I would disagree with him about people not batting an eyelid if he signed for another club. Huth has been mentioned several times in several threads so many on here are glad at his (potential) arrival.

I think its based on two things.

The expectatation is that people should be excited by every signing. To say you aren't overly excited/impressed/joyous is seen as disloyal by the masses, or so it seems. So you get put down. No surprise there.

Secondly, I'm not one of those believing that the defence (the back five) is our problem. Creating and scoring goals is our problem. So I'm not really bothered about getting Huth. It won't do any harm..he's ok.. but it doesn't excite me.

Regarding 'pointless'..it's clear that anybody that doesn't toe the party line, is 'pointless'?

Here we go again, Col playing the victim card. I'll say it again, it has nothing to do with you having reservations (I have reservations about EVERY signing). It has nothing to do with you not being excited (I'm not excited by it).

Most of your original post, the arguments against him was just either wrong or just not relevant.

Here we go again, Col playing the victim card. I'll say it again, it has nothing to do with you having reservations (I have reservations about EVERY signing). It has nothing to do with you not being excited (I'm not excited by it).

Most of your original post was just either wrong or just not relevant.

See above...

Certainly relevant

IMO.

Sinclairs motivations and commitment can definitely be questioned too. Young hyped player went to City for the money and has basically sat on his arse ever since.

Is he really what we need in a relegation battle?

Sinclair reminds me of Downing. He plays in a similar way. And Downing has been pants UNTIL he played in a team and a formation that absolutely suited him.

I think Sinclair will be the same. He's clearly talented, ignored by Man City and played last season in a poor West Brom side.

Certainly worth a punt IMO.

He's a nasty nasty player. Absolutely hate the sight of him, but him and Shawcross were a formidable partnership for Stoke and I cannot deny he is a quality defender. People forget he was once at Chelsea, and played a few games so he definitely knows how to defend.

Sinclair reminds me of Downing. He plays in a similar way. And Downing has been pants UNTIL he played in a team and a formation that absolutely suited him.

I think Sinclair will be the same. He's clearly talented, ignored by Man City and played last season in a poor West Brom side.

Certainly worth a punt IMO.

I think thats most peoples problem with Sinclair. He didnt play even in a poor West Brom side (was it 6 or 7 games?).

Like you with Huth, i'm not sure wide areas are an issue. Knocky, Schlupp, Albrighton, Lawrence and Mahrez when he returns is certainly enough.

The centre is the issue for me. Perhaps this Lex fella is the answer?

I think thats most peoples problem with Sinclair. He didnt play even in a poor West Brom side (was it 6 or 7 games?).

Like you with Huth, i'm not sure wide areas are an issue. Knocky, Schlupp, Albrighton, Lawrence and Mahrez when he returns is certainly enough.

The centre is the issue for me. Perhaps this Lex fella is the answer?

I don't know anything about him to be fair.

What is with this Scott Sinclair hype? West Brom fans seem to think he was their worst ever signing, he played 7 times for them last year, massive waste of wages. 

Only thing good about Sinclair is his Mrs' chebs 

Pics or we don't believe you.

Archived