Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

What is with this Scott Sinclair hype? West Brom fans seem to think he was their worst ever signing, he played 7 times for them last year, massive waste of wages. 

Only thing good about Sinclair is his Mrs' chebs 

They didn't nickname him two touches for nothing. That's how many times he actually touched the ball in those 7 games.

What is with this Scott Sinclair hype? West Brom fans seem to think he was their worst ever signing, he played 7 times for them last year, massive waste of wages. 

Only thing good about Sinclair is his Mrs' chebs 

Well his time at Swansea where he looked a top class winger has probably something to do with it.

Maybe he's lost his mojo a bit since but if there is hype it's certainly not for nothing.

People forget he was once at Chelsea, and played a few games so he definitely knows how to defend.

Lets not mention David Luiz eh? He couldnt even defend a celeb in an operation yewtree trial yet he played a fair bit for them.

Col will only get excited if we sign Cattermole & Emmanuel-Thomas.

I'm a bit like Col in terms of being cautious over signings, but on this one Huth is the type of player we need, we need Premier League experience and Huth is perfect. If he shows good fitness then he will be an excellent signing.

lol

On a serious note...Villa look like signing Scott Sinclair today..Again, a player I'd love at City.

Why what he he done in recent seasons, even when given loan opportunities. I think we are going to need players who can dig deep ,the sort of person you would want next to you in a battle,Sinclair has never seemed that type to me.

Why what he he done in recent seasons, even when given loan opportunities. I think we are going to need players who can dig deep ,the sort of person you would want next to you in a battle,Sinclair has never seemed that type to me.

Look at earlier in the thread. I think we need attacking options. We don't score enough goals. Huth is again, well past his best. I get the Prem experience bit. But I don't see Robert Huth coming in, on loan, and improving us much at all. If we are to change centre backs, I'd rather we develop Liam Moore and get him playing to his best.

We seem to have a quality young centre back, champing at the bit, but completely sidelined? Rather than bringing him on, we look to sign an ageing centre back who has recently come back from a bad knee injury. I don't get it, personally.

Look at earlier in the thread. I think we need attacking options. We don't score enough goals. Huth is again, well past his best. I get the Prem experience bit. But I don't see Robert Huth coming in, on loan, and improving us much at all. If we are to change centre backs, I'd rather we develop Liam Moore and get him playing to his best.

We seem to have a quality young centre back, champing at the bit, but completely sidelined? Rather than bringing him on, we look to sign an ageing centre back who has recently come back from a bad knee injury. I don't get it, personally.

lol I love it when you sit on the fence about players Col

I do think all areas need improving in the squad as a whole

A creative midfielder probably needed the most IMO

Bit unfair to say someone who has had a long injury is well past his best when only at 30. Younger than Was for example. He is big, strong and positionally sound. Liam Moore on the other hand has the first two but he is positionally awful at times. Is taking a gamble on Liam Moore what we need when in a relegation battle? He may be "one of our own" but currently I think we would be better shipping him off on loan. Assuming Huth is fit, he will be a great signing. Exactly what we DO need at the back, some much added Prem experience.

lol I love it when you sit on the fence about players Col

I do think all areas need improving in the squad as a whole

A creative midfielder probably needed the most IMO

lol..I get accused of sitting on the fence buddy! Yet quite often I seem to be just about the only one who looks at certain players and says 'nah'....

I'm a fan of younger, hungrier players, with a point to prove. Always have been really. Once you start going down the road of signing ageing players, well past their best and hoping they will resurrect some previous form, that's never sat well with me really. I don't think it usually works too well. If we were now bidding 8 mill for Tyrone Mings..a player who will only get better and who will want to shine at this level, I'd be very excited.

But I agree.. A central midfield playmaker would be lovely.

Is well past his best, you got evidence of this Col?

We could still sign some attacking players.

Is well past his best, you got evidence of this Col?

We could still sign some attacking players.

He's not been particularly good for ages has he? And if he was, he'd stay at Stoke I guess. I don't think he's a bad player. And I do get the threat from set pieces. That I get. But he doesn't inspire me to be honest. We'll see. He could be just what we need. If he signs, we'll have to see.

Col I spoke to a Stoke STH earlier and he's gutted they're losing Huth to us. Says he's as good as Shawcross and he can't understand it. Says Huth is a natural leader and I think we can all agree, this is something we've missed this season.

lol..I get accused of sitting on the fence buddy! Yet quite often I seem to be just about the only one who looks at certain players and says 'nah'....

I'm a fan of younger, hungrier players, with a point to prove. Always have been really. Once you start going down the road of signing ageing players, well past their best and hoping they will resurrect some previous form, that's never sat well with me really. I don't think it usually works too well. If we were now bidding 8 mill for Tyrone Mings..a player who will only get better and who will want to shine at this level, I'd be very excited.

But I agree.. A central midfield playmaker would be lovely.

What you don't seem to realise is, we don't have time to develop this season, ATM it's about staying up maybe if we are still in the BPL we can start concentrating on developing players, we have hardly any BPL experience in our first 11 so Huth fits the bill for that reason, not just on but off the pitch as well

He had a knee injury in November 2013 - 13/14 months ago. Which has ruled him out for quite a long time. Before his injury he was consistently performing well for Stoke in the prem. He will be a massive improvement on anything we have, he will also help provide more of an aerial threat in the opponents box.

Your argument for not wanting him seems to be; a) he's past his best, b)he's not much of an improvement on what we currently. If you genuinely think or believe that then fair enough, no matter what facts or differing opinions people have will sway your thinking.

For me, if we have a fit Huth, we have a quality CB in the prime of his career.

Also, on Liam, I agree that he needs to be given game time to develop, which is why I think he should drop down to the championship if he's not going to feature for much of the second half of the season, sitting on the bench will do his progress absolutely no good.

Col I spoke to a Stoke STH earlier and he's gutted they're losing Huth to us. Says he's as good as Shawcross and he can't understand it. Says Huth is a natural leader and I think we can all agree, this is something we've missed this season.

I'm surprised then they are letting him go..don't make sense?

But I agree, we have missed a natural leader on the pitch. Tell you what, I'll back down on this one then... And hope that you lot are all correct and that he will be a real asset to us. Good discussion that. From some anyway.

Bring him on and let's hope he makes the difference...

He had a knee injury in November 2013 - 13/14 months ago. Which has ruled him out for quite a long time. Before his injury he was consistently performing well for Stoke in the prem. He will be a massive improvement on anything we have, he will also help provide more of an aerial threat in the opponents box.

Your argument for not wanting him seems to be; a) he's past his best, b)he's not much of an improvement on what we currently. If you genuinely think or believe that then fair enough, no matter what facts or differing opinions people have will sway your thinking.

For me, if we have a fit Huth, we have a quality CB in the prime of his career.

Also, on Liam, I agree that he needs to be given game time to develop, which is why I think he should drop down to the championship if he's not going to feature for much of the second half of the season, sitting on the bench will do his progress absolutely no good.

Good post..

I'm surprised then they are letting him go..don't make sense?

But I agree, we have missed a natural leader on the pitch. Tell you what, I'll back down on this one then... And hope that you lot are all correct and that he will be a real asset to us. Good discussion that. From some anyway.

Bring him on and let's hope he makes the difference...

Cheers for making me look an idiot within 4 minutes! lol

Cheers for making me look an idiot within 4 minutes! lol

lol!

No mate, based on what people have said, I've had a rethink on this one and will go with the majority. I have respect for Dickov (above) actually and believe him. So, I hope Huth gets back to his best form for us.

:thumbup:

What don't you get? Moore has been shown up again and again so far this season sadly. It's all very well saying we need to bring him on, but when that could mean going down due to consistent mistakes where do you draw the line. The clock is ticking, now is not really the time to be worrying about bringing players through.  Huth is 30, to suggest that at his age he's past his best is ridiculous.

The only viable concern about Huth is his injury and how he's recovered.

What don't you get? Moore has been shown up again and again so far this season sadly. It's all very well saying we need to bring him on, but when that could mean going down due to consistent mistakes where do you draw the line. The clock is ticking, now is not really the time to be worrying about bringing players through. Huth is 30, to suggest that at his age he's past his best is ridiculous.

The only viable concern about Huth is his injury and how he's recovered.

See above...

Regarding Moore, I think he's been scapegoated a little personally. He was in a side who went on a terrible run and was poor across the whole 11.

Don't forget this is a lad who was linked with some big clubs. It is a real shame he's not come on so far this season. He's certainly got it IMO.

He's not been particularly good for ages has he? And if he was, he'd stay at Stoke I guess. I don't think he's a bad player. And I do get the threat from set pieces. That I get. But he doesn't inspire me to be honest. We'll see. He could be just what we need. If he signs, we'll have to see.

He was solid enough before he got injured, wouldn't even class him as injury prone, unfortunate long injuries do happen.

You have banged on about needing a physical presence for some time now, albeit Huth isn't a defensive midfielder he is still a physical presence, with a wealth of top flight experience.

Dickov22 & Filbertway make excellent points.

Archived