Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

I'm gonna oppose Douvan tomorrow in the Supreme. I really like the look of Shaneshill. He ran a brilliant race in the bumper in last years festival and now he's drifted out to the 14-1 mark (mainly because Ruby has chose to ride Douvan). His form is strong (except for the race at Navan) and he's ran previously at Cheltenham which I always like as it's a course unlike any other. I think he will run well and for me he's easily the biggest threat to Douvan.

Only one favourite has won this in the last ten years, and that was Ruby last year aboard Vautour. I'm steering towards L'Ami Serge.

Yeah historically not a race for favourites as most horses in the Supreme are so lightly raced. UDS is the only favourite for me this year that I would say is a "banker" I can't see him being beaten, only a fall can stop him.

Only one favourite has won this in the last ten years, and that was Ruby last year aboard Vautour. I'm steering towards L'Ami Serge.

I agree everyone's building Douvan up and he has to be more than respected and as I posted earlier in the thread I have had Douvan in the 4-fold that was boosted to 20/1 but that was more because of the value factor and I also had it as almost a 'cover' bet with L'ami Serge in mind anyway.

Still unsure but with the £25 return if your horse loses think that's the route I'll go with.

Nap is defo Annie power. Both Mullins and Walsh have napped it as well so that's good enough for me especially with what they've got to look forward to. Lay would probably be Douvan or Silvinacio Conti.

Has anyone locked on to the recent trend of winners at Cheltenham whom use blinkers, hoods, tongue ties or cheek pieces for the first time at the festival? I was reading a thread about it on facebook and will be keeping an eye on this when looking at possible selections.

Pendra and Monbeg Dude in the 2.40 have been flagged up

Carole's Spirit, Emily Gray and Mischievious Milly in the 4pm

Doing Fine, Return Spring in the 4.40

Monkey Kingdom, Killala Quay, Irish Cavaliar and Stellar Notion in the 5.15pm

gonna have a w/o the fav patent. 

clarcam in the arkle @ 7/1 

qewy in the supreme @ 8/1

polly peachum in the mares @ 9/2

just small stakes, the treble pays almost exactly 400/1. 

Clarcam @ 7/1 without UDS, or even as a straight forecast looks very big to me. only grade one winner in the field bar UDS (pretty sure?). Josses Hill is a great big meh, Vibrato Valtat isn't for me and I think either Clarcam or Three Kingdoms will power up the hill as best of the rest. 

Ladbrokes going evs on Annie Power in the morning, by the way. 9 am. Not sure of the max stake. 

Faugheen / Annie Power double. £20 pays £71.

Jollyallen (Supreme novices)

Ned Stark (Handicap chase)

Hostile Fire (Fred Winter)

Pylonthepressure (Champion bumper)

Balder Success (Ryanair)

50p e/w L15

Sire De Grugy (QM)

Faugheen (Champion hurdle)

Silviniaco Conti (Gold cup)

Ptit Zig (JLT)

£1 win L15

Tomorrows bets, despite the fact I can't watch a single race of it until the 5:15!

Douvan (Supreme), Un De Sceaux (Arkle) + Annie Power (Mares) to win 15/2 - £2.50 on

All 7 Sp Favs To Be Placed At Cheltenham (Placepot Rules) 33/1 - £2.50 on

Went a bit mad just now with a lucky31:

1:30 Qewy (14/1)

2:40 Annacotty (25/1)

4:00 Bitofapuzzle (25/1) - think Annie Power will win but this one a great chance of placing at the price

4:40 Broadway Buffalo (15/1)

5:15 Thomas Crapper (7/1)

Couple of places and a win and that would pay out nicely.

Went a bit mad just now with a lucky31:

1:30 Qewy (14/1)

2:40 Annacotty (25/1)

4:00 Bitofapuzzle (25/1) - think Annie Power will win but this one a great chance of placing at the price

4:40 Broadway Buffalo (15/1)

5:15 Thomas Crapper (7/1)

Couple of places and a win and that would pay out nicely.

Read the racing post special today - one of the blokes is massively ripping up Thomas Crapper. Will go close.

If anyone is big into Faugheen SkyBet have boosted it to 5/4.

coral gave me a £20 no lose bet on any race at the fest, so had £20 on l'ami serge @ 7/2, money back if it loses. 

then they told me i could have £10 on the champion hurdle and get it back if it loses so had that on faugheen @ 11/10 as a bit of an extra boost. 

paddy gave me a free fiver for predicting rooney would score tonight so had that on the druids nephew @ 10s. should run a race, hearing plenty of people keen on it and it's probably the best handicapped horse in the race. pendra is probably the worst favourite the festival has ever seen and i've backed it once before, never again. ned stark is a danger but hoping we get a good run for a free bet. 

that's me done now, gonna go work tomorrow and watch my week either go nuts or unravel before my eyes. 

COME ON THE MACHINE. 

Archived