Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

faugheens only threat is the hurdles

He could carry the new one around on his back

He will drift to 6-4 maybe 7/4 on the day as on course guys won't have too many liabilities and the machine will have plenty looking to lay off some of the anti post players fancier prices to hedge

If willy and ruby lash home the first two the offices will smash Faugheen to pieces and price will collapse quicker than a Scouse lasses knickers in the champagne bar lol LOL

i keep seeing it on twitter and hearing it from various people in work or on the tele but i'm gonna ask straight up. does anyone actually for one second believe that the new one is a better horse than faugheen?!

if this race even goes half way to plan for mullins/ruby/faugheen he wins by a comfortable distance, surely? i know it's cheltenham it's the hill it's a breakneck speed, any minor, minor error or misjudgement is punished and it's gonna have drama and incidents like last year and many other years, but really, the new one to beat faugheen? not for me. in a one v one match race faugheen isn't even asked for an effort imo. and ruby's a better jockey than STD, in fact statistically the best round cheltenham at the festival ever ain't he? so tactics shouldn't be a problem.

i am fully aware this may backfire in eleven days time when the new one accelerates away up the hill with a superb turn of foot but there we go...

The question is what has Faugheen ever beat? The retort to that could be that the others are scared of him and wanted to wait till Cheltenham to test their arm. It's similar to Champagne Fever a few years ago, he had all the hype going into the festival and bombed out and the bookies were laughing. I have no clue currently what wins the Champion Hurdle. However I still think Jezki is the value at 5/1.

The question is what has Faugheen ever beat? The retort to that could be that the others are scared of him and wanted to wait till Cheltenham to test their arm. It's similar to Champagne Fever a few years ago, he had all the hype going into the festival and bombed out and the bookies were laughing. I have no clue currently what wins the Champion Hurdle. However I still think Jezki is the value at 5/1.

Jezki a cracking each way beg to nothing

Your point on Faugheen is very valid , but it's hardly a vintage race for me Jezki and the new one should be chasing and the fly is fairly old now

I think he is an exceptional animal BUT This will be his first real test

I saw Ballyalton the horse 2nd to him last year he is walking now and should be in training soon after injury , would say he will be novice chasing later in year when ground soft again owned by lee Westwoods dad

You have to question what Faugheen has ever beaten in terms of quality. His hurdling us sketchy too, and if he gets put under pressure at any point in the race it could be interesting.

I have backed the Fly anti-post at a big price last month. At the course I will have a go on The New One, just loved the way he finished the race last year like a train.

You have to question what Faugheen has ever beaten in terms of quality. His hurdling us sketchy too, and if he gets put under pressure at any point in the race it could be interesting.

I have backed the Fly anti-post at a big price last month. At the course I will have a go on The New One, just loved the way he finished the race last year like a train.

Faugheen is good and I wouldn't be surprised if it wins, but 11/10 when its against The New One, Jezki and The Fly doesn't look like much value to me.

Is anyone taking advantage of Hills refunding losing bets on the first race? Up to £25 online or £10 in shop with a free bet. Might just lump on an outsider.

the ten pound refund in shop is only available to be used on the 2.40 handicap on the same day so worth keeping that in mind. think the 25 online/mobile can be used on any bet so that's a good offer.

Also admittedly still not much but faugheen did beat purple bay who's won a grade 2 with ease, beating rock on ruby (3rd) and Irving in the process. an faugheen didn't just beat purple bay, he destroyed him on the bridle. not a horrendous form line.

All season long none of the main contenders have been beating anything like what they'll face at cheltenham, bar the fly of course. the only difference being the new one has slogged out a few of his wins whilst every time faugheen has taken to a track he's never even been asked to get out of first gear, against a similar standard of opposition.

The way he won the Neptune last year despite smashing a hurdle at the top of the straight was pretty incredible. He nailed the hurdle and still landed on the bridle full of running. Faugheen the machine might be a shit nickname but it's true. An absolute machine.

Lad I'm going with has just text me -

"Been given a lil tip if u fancy a dabble, 1640 national hunt on Tuesday, theatre queen. Been told very good chance each way"

Currently 40/1.

the ten pound refund in shop is only available to be used on the 2.40 handicap on the same day so worth keeping that in mind. think the 25 online/mobile can be used on any bet so that's a good offer.

Oh that's crap, I can't be in a shop at that time. Keeps people in for the FOBTs I suppose.

Oh that's crap, I can't be in a shop at that time. Keeps people in for the FOBTs I suppose.

yeah classic bookie offer really, people tempted by the "refund all runners" headline but then stuck in our shops for an hour and a half or so so betting on everything with us and almost definitely losing their refund on an impossibly hard handicap. better than nothing I guess but not exactly the free money back it claims to be lol

UDS & Annie Power double pays 6/4. How much we all putting on that then? Annie Power has been every single preview speakers NAP, from presenters like chapman to owners and trainers to tipsters to jockeys like STD. Surely pisses it?

UDS & Annie Power double pays 6/4. How much we all putting on that then? Annie Power has been every single preview speakers NAP, from presenters like chapman to owners and trainers to tipsters to jockeys like STD. Surely pisses it?

I would have backed More of That but given he's a non-runner now the way seems pretty clear. Saphir de Rheu definitely a threat though.

Not sure how that double is only 6/4? Annie Power is 4/1 ante-post on Billy Hill.

I would have backed More of That but given he's a non-runner now the way seems pretty clear. Saphir de Rheu definitely a threat though.

Not sure how that double is only 6/4? Annie Power is 4/1 ante-post on Billy Hill.

sounds like annie power is heading for the mares hurdle from the preview chat i saw tonight. she's 4/7 for that, same price as UDS for the arkle. that's the double i meant. don't think she'd win the world hurdle right now, and they're concerned that she'd pull way too hard on her first appearance of the season to last 3 miles at that pace.

world hurdle is ridiculously open. in fact, after tuesday this is going to be a bookies delight. there's barely a short priced favourite among the whole last 3 days. 

tuesday will make or break the average punter though. uds @ 4/7, annie power @ 4/7, douvan @ 6/4, faugheen @ probably close enough to evs. if that fourfold comes in (which i suspect at least 50% of the world will be on) it'd pay for the rest of the week for most have a go chaps. one or two of those get beat and the whole week collapses early doors, people will be chasing losses, having to try and hit winners in 10/1 the field handicaps and all sorts. 

sounds like annie power is heading for the mares hurdle from the preview chat i saw tonight. she's 4/7 for that, same price as UDS for the arkle. that's the double i meant. don't think she'd win the world hurdle right now, and they're concerned that she'd pull way too hard on her first appearance of the season to last 3 miles at that pace.

world hurdle is ridiculously open. in fact, after tuesday this is going to be a bookies delight. there's barely a short priced favourite among the whole last 3 days. 

tuesday will make or break the average punter though. uds @ 4/7, annie power @ 4/7, douvan @ 6/4, faugheen @ probably close enough to evs. if that fourfold comes in (which i suspect at least 50% of the world will be on) it'd pay for the rest of the week for most have a go chaps. one or two of those get beat and the whole week collapses early doors, people will be chasing losses, having to try and hit winners in 10/1 the field handicaps and all sorts. 

Oh right, fair ones. That double's certainly worth a pavarotti at least.

Going to try to limit myself to small stake accas and multiples for the Tuesday and Wednesday, although I'll be making an exception and having at least 20 on Faugheen. That way I will feel less guilty about going nuts with the betting on Thursday when I'm there.

Oh right, fair ones. That double's certainly worth a pavarotti at least.

Going to try to limit myself to small stake accas and multiples for the Tuesday and Wednesday, although I'll be making an exception and having at least 20 on Faugheen. That way I will feel less guilty about going nuts with the betting on Thursday when I'm there.

yeah should be an easy double on form and ability but just never know. will be having a bang on it though so here's hoping. 

faugheen, as i gave my views on last page, is somehow a huge price despite being about 5/4 imo. of course if you're going then that day will be your big betting day, thursday looks ridiculously tough though so good luck with that one! 

yeah should be an easy double on form and ability but just never know. will be having a bang on it though so here's hoping. 

faugheen, as i gave my views on last page, is somehow a huge price despite being about 5/4 imo. of course if you're going then that day will be your big betting day, thursday looks ridiculously tough though so good luck with that one! 

Yh pretty confident about Vautour but apart from that it's pretty much stabbing in the dark. Mind you that's not going to be much worse than my usual form.

Wanted to go on the Tuesday originally but couldn't get off work and then mates didn't want to shell out £40+ for Gold Cup day. Semi-serious nags man but only going for the fun really I guess.

Yh pretty confident about Vautour but apart from that it's pretty much stabbing in the dark. Mind you that's not going to be much worse than my usual form.

Wanted to go on the Tuesday originally but couldn't get off work and then mates didn't want to shell out £40+ for Gold Cup day. Semi-serious nags man but only going for the fun really I guess.

anywhere that has a place called the "guinness village" and involves getting as drunk as you can, and watching horse racing sounds like an ideal day out to me :D

i think next year will be my time to hit up cheltenham good and proper if i'm still in the same job, it's a popular week off work for us so i've gotta bide my time and wait my turn i guess haha. think tuesday is the best day racing-wise but once you're their i doubt the specific quality of each race even matters that much, the atmosphere, booze and general occasion will presumably take over. 

I quite fancy bitofapuzzle in the mares at a big price. Beat some pretty good horses over the course of the season and only beat once on pretty heavy ground. If Annie Power is below 75% then I quite fancy mine to beat her, if not she will bolt up.

Anyone know if Qewy is definitely going for the Supreme Novices Hurdle? Currently 14/1 in NR money back ante post betting on Will Hill. Think that's a great price considering his last run at Newbury. Clearly not as advanced in form as some of the bigger hitters in that race but really liked the way he did it vs. Cardinal Walter, especially since that one looks like it's got some good potential. Don't usually bet ante post to be honest.

Anyone know if Qewy is definitely going for the Supreme Novices Hurdle? Currently 14/1 in NR money back ante post betting on Will Hill. Think that's a great price considering his last run at Newbury. Clearly not as advanced in form as some of the bigger hitters in that race but really liked the way he did it vs. Cardinal Walter, especially since that one looks like it's got some good potential. Don't usually bet ante post to be honest.

Sam Twiston-Davies seems to think so, and must think he'll go well...

@pphorseracing: Sam says Nicholls doesn't look like having a novice hurdler. Has been trying to sweeten John Ferguson to get the Qewy ride!

Sam Twiston-Davies seems to think so, and must think he'll go well...

@pphorseracing: Sam says Nicholls doesn't look like having a novice hurdler. Has been trying to sweeten John Ferguson to get the Qewy ride!

Well McCoy will unfortunately be on Jollyallan, won't he? 

That dampens my interest a little as I'm not convinced at all by Twiston-Davies, even though he has ridden Qewy before. Clearly rates his chances if he is trying to get the ride.

Just thought 14-1 was a class price. What other jockey options does Ferguson have for this one in the Supreme Novices?

Archived