Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

ruby seems to have let slip that boston bob will be going for the ryanair not the GC. 25/1 in places who haven't reacted to that news, only 8/1 with paddy who seems sure that's where he's going and he's in with a chance and a half. 8/10/14s in most places, but still 25s in hills. 

if he goes down that route, under ruby, surely he runs well? huge price, worth an e/w shot NRMB etc? 

Just checked on Hills again and now Boston Bob is 16/1 for Ryanair and 20/1 for Gold Cup. Seems they are reacting now?

Let's hope it's true he's running the Ryanair. Looking quite likely by the looks of it. 25/1 a very juicy price!

Edit: Looking at everywhere else it's the same story. Shorter for the Ryanair than the GC. Come on Ruby, ride him to victory!

Just checked on Hills again and now Boston Bob is 16/1 for Ryanair and 20/1 for Gold Cup. Seems they are reacting now?

Let's hope it's true he's running the Ryanair. Looking quite likely by the looks of it. 25/1 a very juicy price!

Edit: Looking at everywhere else it's the same story. Shorter for the Ryanair than the GC. Come on Ruby, ride him to victory!

yeah 16s top price now so fingers crossed first of all he is aimed at that race, and second of all ruby's on board. 

non runner money back saves our bacon tbf, but would be nice to get a bet for our money. here's hoping! 

Just been in Betfred and Fred pushed a Mullins 4-timer in Douvan, Un De Sceaux, Faugheen and Annie Power out to a massive 20/1.

I presume it available everywhere as he's always bleating on about other companies only doing online/telephone offers and his offers are available everywhere - in shop, online, telephone, but it'll only be available for a short time (like 15 minutes if your lucky, it may even be gone already) but thought I'd give people a heads up on it.

I can't see it happening personally, but they are all very good horses and should be there or there abouts I was gonna go £10 on it but not gonna dig onto my pot too much already so just went with £5, it's available up to £100.

If Annie Power does end up going for the world hurdle the bet will go down to a treble at the SP's.

It's worth a fiver but Douvan is the one that's the danger of not winning most for me.

It's worth a fiver but Douvan is the one that's the danger of not winning most for me.

Yeah i'd agree with that, I like the look of L'ami Serge, which I think is where my money will be going (With Will Hill or Sky Bet as they are both running gaurenteed returns offers on all losing horses).

But for the value of that 4-fold I had to have atleast £5 on it. Faugheen is a slight danger of not winning, there is alot of class in that race but you would say Faugheen should win.

So don't wanna be jumping to the final day before it's even start but what's everyone's thoughts on the Gold Cup? I really like Holywell.

He's becoming one of my festival favourites, backed him on his 2 festival victories, got abit of form and I reckon he'll certainly get a place.

Silvianco Conti's cost me twice in the Gold Cup not sure whether I can put faith in him this time or not, if I don't back him, watch him win it! lol

think i'll be backing many clouds (more sentimentally than cos i think it's a GC winning horse) and djakadam. can't see why a set of cheekpieces suddenly make conti favourite to stay up the hill. 

coral preview night @ 7pm here if anyone is bored later. http://promotions.coral.co.uk/cheltenhamfestival/

I've backed Conti in his last 2 races and he won them both, I have to back him now, gutted if he won and I didn't have some dough on him.

Stuck a few shekels on Arabian Revolution @ 12s as well after his mention on here

So don't wanna be jumping to the final day before it's even start but what's everyone's thoughts on the Gold Cup? I really like Holywell.

He's becoming one of my festival favourites, backed him on his 2 festival victories, got abit of form and I reckon he'll certainly get a place.

Silvianco Conti's cost me twice in the Gold Cup not sure whether I can put faith in him this time or not, if I don't back him, watch him win it! lol

Holywell sure to go round well, loves Cheltenham.

Another who does is last year's winner Lord Windermere. So I've gone for him at 12/1. Conti is in one of my week's accas but that's more in hope. He's been found wanting twice at Cheltenham and there seemed no excuses last year. Still think he's got a great chance in this field though.

I've backed Conti in his last 2 races and he won them both, I have to back him now, gutted if he won and I didn't have some dough on him.

Stuck a few shekels on Arabian Revolution @ 12s as well after his mention on here

Looks like all of FT will be cheering on Arabian Revolution at this rate!

Arabian revolution is 33/1 on bet365 - am I missing something?

Yeah you're looking at the wrong race. It's the Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle we are talking about. He's 11/1 on Bet365 for that. That's the race he's going for, not the other ones he is entered in.

I've done a Lucky 15 on the 3.20 everyday.

Tuesday - Faugheen

Wednesday - Sire De Grugy

Thursday - Saphir Du Rheu

Friday - Holywell

Also done a yes or no coupon;

AP McCoy to ride two or more winners - Yes.

Faugheen to win Champion Hurdle - Yes.

Irish to train 12 or more winners - Yes.

Biggest winning SP 40/1 or higher - No. (Dodgy one)

Silviniaco Conti to be placed in the Gold Cup - Yes.

Don Cossack to be placed in the Ryanair Chase - Yes.

40/1

Guest ttfn

Yeah you're looking at the wrong race. It's the Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle we are talking about. He's 11/1 on Bet365 for that. That's the race he's going for, not the other ones he is entered in.

Suspected as much, thanks.

thinking of having champagne fever, djakadam & un temps pour tout in an e/w trixie and as singles in the last 3 big races. 

£1 e/w trixie (£8 total stake) pays almost £1100. all in with a cracking shout imo. agree with most the coral panel tonight that once mullins bashes in 3 winners (at least) on day one, if champagne fever runs a stormer (not necessarily a winning run, but a big one) and he scoops the bumper then djakadam goes off 6/1 at most on friday.

conti will drift and drift, i can't find a single tipster, trainer (bar nicholls), journo or presenter who wants to have a bet on him. 

2 Anti Post L15's on, 1 each way and 1 win.

50p Win Lucky 15.

Don Poli (RSA)

Sprinter Sacre (Champion Chase)
Peace and Co (Triumph Hurdle)
Silviniaco Conti (Gold Cup)

10p E/W Lucky 15

Qewy (Supreme Novices)
Ned Stark (Handicap Chase Tuesday)
Thomas Crapper (Novice Handicap Chase Tuesday)
Thomas Brown (Albert Bartlett)

across different multiples and singles i've backed all the big players except for sprinter in the queen mother. 

such a huge debate whether i could have him or not. at the moment with my antepost bets he's massively not on my side, but i can't decide if i want him on side or not. the two key arguments are; he's not the horse he was. obviously. and; does he need to be anything like the horse he was to win this? not sure. 

henderson and gerherty are all over him though, never seen either of them so bullish about one of theirs before. can't work out if it's a smokescreen or genuine truth. 

after checking my Betfair account I've got 11 ante-post bets for Cheltenham, various singles, doubles, patents & a lucky 31. About a ton staked in total. Last bet was a Faugheen / Annie Power double. Score pays about £70

across different multiples and singles i've backed all the big players except for sprinter in the queen mother. 

such a huge debate whether i could have him or not. at the moment with my antepost bets he's massively not on my side, but i can't decide if i want him on side or not. the two key arguments are; he's not the horse he was. obviously. and; does he need to be anything like the horse he was to win this? not sure. 

henderson and gerherty are all over him though, never seen either of them so bullish about one of theirs before. can't work out if it's a smokescreen or genuine truth. 

Bloody hope he's even a fraction of the horse he was. Used to be a joy to watch him destroy Grade 1 fields. I honestly don't think he has to be close to his best to win the race.

Still think Champagne Fever will run a big race and will take advantage should Sprinter underperform.

Had my 1st big bet £25 on Douvan in the 1st money back as free bet if it loses, gonna have £25 with Hills as well same rules apply. Got £2.50 e/w on Boston Bob @25/1 for the Ryanair following Scouse's advice on here the other day. Im massively disappointed that Rock On Ruby isn't running as I fancied that one.

Still torn on the Champion Hurdle but think I will be on The Machine even at the stingy price. Think Jezki and Hurricane Fly are big e/w players so may have savers on them.

Fcuk sake, i'm all over this now. Not had a bet in 18 months and then got arseholed on Friday and have agreed to go on Thursday, Paddy's Day. Still determined not to bet (much) so i'll just throw 20 pints of Guinness down my gregory and abuse the micks instead. Anyone else there on Thursday? It'll be absolute bedlam.

Archived