Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

there's a lot more quality in the shorter championship races this year, for sure.

agree that an "open" race definitely doesn't mean a lack of quality either. the queen mother is open as anything but probably got four of the best horses at the festival at the top of the betting.

had a ten pound free bet on faugheen/UDS/annie power @ almost 9/2, hopefully kick the week off nice enough. been putting any money I'd usually bet on random European footy accas or crap monday afternoon all weather racing into cheltenham ante post bets the last week or so. coming along nicely.

FRED WINTER ....WEDNESDAY

Can strongly recomend Arabian Revolution EACH WAY he is 16-1 in a place

Did a sparking piece of work at Fergusons yesterday

Solid form , nice horse who has been primed for this

I had picked Nicholls' horse All Yours for my Canadian bet.

However, I may have a few bob on this one. Worth it at 16s and Ferguson a very good operator. That Beltor, who he wasn't far behind, is potentially a very good horse. Seems he has the beating of my selection on a line through Beltor anyway.

:D

Yeh 16s you might be right tbf.

He'd probably have gone off second favourite to Matey though, as good as he was (unbelievable he finished 1st or 2nd in all starts bar his fatal last one) his the horses he beat were very average. 

Ah yes Gloria Victis:

Remember that Gold Cup well.

Strong Promise was another great horse who died a few weeks later at Aintree.

ruby seems to have let slip that boston bob will be going for the ryanair not the GC. 25/1 in places who haven't reacted to that news, only 8/1 with paddy who seems sure that's where he's going and he's in with a chance and a half. 8/10/14s in most places, but still 25s in hills. 

if he goes down that route, under ruby, surely he runs well? huge price, worth an e/w shot NRMB etc? 

FRED WINTER ....WEDNESDAY

Can strongly recomend Arabian Revolution EACH WAY he is 16-1 in a place

Did a sparking piece of work at Fergusons yesterday

Solid form , nice horse who has been primed for this

Now 12-1 on WH website.

I got the 16s. Let's hope his work was a good preview of what's to come...

ruby seems to have let slip that boston bob will be going for the ryanair not the GC. 25/1 in places who haven't reacted to that news, only 8/1 with paddy who seems sure that's where he's going and he's in with a chance and a half. 8/10/14s in most places, but still 25s in hills. 

if he goes down that route, under ruby, surely he runs well? huge price, worth an e/w shot NRMB etc? 

At 25s he is probably worth a shot. Think something might beat him but will take him at that price now. Since Paddy Power have him at 25s for GC and 8s for Ryanair it seems someone somewhere knows something...

Haven't they had Ruby Walsh in one of their recent adverts as well? I know that's a tenuous link but given their Irish roots you'd think Paddy Power would have some sort of info to have the prices that way when everywhere else is different?

from what I gather on Twitter ruby said something at a preview or in an interview somewhere along the lines of being looking forward to riding Boston Bob. So surely he won't be in the GC cos ruby will take the djakadam ride?

something like that. clearly paddy and a few others who cut from 25s to 8s or 10s have reacted to that much more than hills. which is weird cos usually they all react together so we'll see. All just guessing in the most part I think but must be pretty tidy bets being placed with paddy to spark that price change.

from what I gather on Twitter ruby said something at a preview or in an interview somewhere along the lines of being looking forward to riding Boston Bob. So surely he won't be in the GC cos ruby will take the djakadam ride?

something like that. clearly paddy and a few others who cut from 25s to 8s or 10s have reacted to that much more than hills. which is weird cos usually they all react together so we'll see. All just guessing in the most part I think but must be pretty tidy bets being placed with paddy to spark that price change.

Yeah Ante Post betting like this is a bit of a guessing game. Makes sense though what you're saying. Either way I've had a nibble at him at 25s. Worth it for sure.

By what time do they have to decide which race each nag will be entering and announce it? 

I want to put ante-post bets on but I don't wanna do it if the horse is just going to end up being announced as doing a different race. Keep seeing shit that implies they haven't decided yet.

By what time do they have to decide which race each nag will be entering and announce it?

I want to put ante-post bets on but I don't wanna do it if the horse is just going to end up being announced as doing a different race. Keep seeing shit that implies they haven't decided yet.

The confirmation stage is 6 days, so by Saturday all initial declerations will be done, but final declerations are not until the day before the race.

The confirmation stage is 6 days, so by Saturday all initial declerations will be done, but final declerations are not until the day before the race.

I'm sure final decs are done 2 days before the race. Unless it's different for Cheltenham than the rest of horse racing.

6 days before was Wednesday though???

I presume the bet is voided if you whack an ante-post on and then the horse ends up running in a different race?

It depends. If they don't say non runner money back on them then I think that if you bet and it doesn't run you lose the money. With that risk, though, you get much better prices for a lot of horses. If you're unsure if it will run in a race then I wouldn't advise ante post unless they specifically say that there's no bet or you get your money back, should the horse not run in that race.

had faugheen, uds & annie power across a number of singles doubles and a treble as well as adding bournemouth to the last two, bournemouth to the treble and marseille to faugheen cos i was bored tonight. worked well it seems, should boost the returns on them should any of the combinations go in adding a bit of footy to them. marseille were 7/5!! 

was gonna add cloud creeper to one or two of my bets too but decided against it today, shame. hoping this tactic pays off, will look to add a few "certs" on this weekends footy to planned cheltenham accas or singles to boost the odds. looking at derby/liverpool as a double added to dodging bullets as one, possibly the same double to sire de grugy too. the football double pays just over evs so a fiver on means the cheltenham bets will hopefully have a tenner on them not a fiver etc. 

if faugheen doesn't win the champion im pretty sure my week is already not savable lol

Just been in Betfred and Fred pushed a Mullins 4-timer in Douvan, Un De Sceaux, Faugheen and Annie Power out to a massive 20/1.

I presume it available everywhere as he's always bleating on about other companies only doing online/telephone offers and his offers are available everywhere - in shop, online, telephone, but it'll only be available for a short time (like 15 minutes if your lucky, it may even be gone already) but thought I'd give people a heads up on it.

I can't see it happening personally, but they are all very good horses and should be there or there abouts I was gonna go £10 on it but not gonna dig onto my pot too much already so just went with £5, it's available up to £100.

If Annie Power does end up going for the world hurdle the bet will go down to a treble at the SP's.

least surprising news of the whole year. will he regret it? 

NO........

second least surprising news of the whole year. will piss it.

Evens money last week before 2nd fav came out , when I was filling up in bookies some idiot said to me "couldn't back an even money shot as you can't win"

What a tool

Archived