Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

UDS & Annie Power double pays 6/4. How much we all putting on that then? Annie Power has been every single preview speakers NAP, from presenters like chapman to owners and trainers to tipsters to jockeys like STD. Surely pisses it?

Scouse are one of the big bookies doing money back if UDS doesn't win or did I just dream that? Can't think where I saw it all.

Scouse are one of the big bookies doing money back if UDS doesn't win or did I just dream that? Can't think where I saw it all.

paddy power are doing money back all losers if UDS does win. think that's all ive seen so far. think oddschecker is usually the best place to find all the bookies offers in one place, should be loads over the next week.

Well McCoy will unfortunately be on Jollyallan, won't he?

That dampens my interest a little as I'm not convinced at all by Twiston-Davies, even though he has ridden Qewy before. Clearly rates his chances if he is trying to get the ride.

Just thought 14-1 was a class price. What other jockey options does Ferguson have for this one in the Supreme Novices?

yeah I can't think who it'd be, he uses AP, gerharty and twiston davies most this season and of the three it seems obvious TD would pick up the ride. Only other option would be throwing the ride to a much less experienced jockey which wouldn't make much sense if STD was game for it.

edit - guess fehily would be the other main contender? not sure

yeah I can't think who it'd be, he uses AP, gerharty and twiston davies most this season and of the three it seems obvious TD would pick up the ride. Only other option would be throwing the ride to a much less experienced jockey which wouldn't make much sense if STD was game for it.

edit - guess fehily would be the other main contender? not sure

Think I may have to just go for it and back it to be one of STD's good rides. Price too juicy to ignore really.

Hopefully can pick a few winners like I did last year. Had a lovely patent on the Thursday that nearly won me some big money. Had Taquin De Seuil in the JLT, Fingal Bay in the Pertemps and Al Ferof in the Ryanair (shame he flopped). Probably looking to do an L15 across the four days as a bet for the week and then a few singles here and there.

Buzzing.

Well McCoy will unfortunately be on Jollyallan, won't he?

That dampens my interest a little as I'm not convinced at all by Twiston-Davies, even though he has ridden Qewy before. Clearly rates his chances if he is trying to get the ride.

Just thought 14-1 was a class price. What other jockey options does Ferguson have for this one in the Supreme Novices?

i'll take mccoy on jollyallan. hopefully he will go out with a cheltenham bang next week.

and i got jollyallan at 20s weeks ago.

Jollyallan been very impressive to be fair and McCoy gives a horse that extra edge. 20s is a fantastic price for him, considering he's around 9s now!

Think the favourite is just far too short. It'll probably be a Mullins monster like the others but watching Qewy's last race over again McCoy barely has to do anything and he's flying at the finish. With the favourite so short there are some very nice prices around for some horses with huge potential.

Guest MattP

This used to be absolute gold for me, I would look forward to it for months in advance. Yet, sicne I quit gambling and a lot of my favourite horses retired or snuffed it I just don't have the same passion and excitement for it. I'll still enjoy watching it as i'll always retain an interest in horse racing but i'll not be as engrossed ever again I don't think.

I'm glad I work from home 3 days a week though, can watch most of it uninterupted!!

For some reason I can't get any excitement this year either yet and I don't know why, not even going either for the first time since I was 18. Hoping it hits me at some point next week.

Un De Sceaux, Faugeen and Annie Power should dominate the first day but get the feeling one of them will get turned over, would love to see Sacre win but think it could be a bit too soon and Sire De Grugy looks so in form at the minute, Champagne Fever looks a massive price at 5's and showed last year well capable of producing on the course.

In terms of quality it looks the worst Gold Cup for years, Conti is a 10/3 fave and he would have been 33's in the Kauto years.

champion chase the most puzzling race of the festival for me. you could quite easily convince me (or even me convince myself) that any of the first four will win. added to the fact i love the sire and have backed dodging bullets in every race since he flopped in the supreme two years ago meaning i'd struggle not to back either or both of them. 

usually my fave race anyway too. the best horses going full pelt over the shortest distance and the biggest obstacles. what a spectacle. 

Scouse are one of the big bookies doing money back if UDS doesn't win or did I just dream that? Can't think where I saw it all.

you were right btw it wasn't a dream haha. boylesports. 

Bet on Un De Sceaux with Boylesports VIA MOBILE and if it doesn't win the Arkle on 10th March at the Cheltenham Festival you will get your stake refunded as a free bet. VIA MOBILE Max refund £25. 

Am I crazy/stupid/genuis to be contemplating taking on all if not most of the Mullins' faves on Tuesday?

Supreme Novices = Really like L'ami Sergi, and as others have mentioned the Qewy form has worked out well since it won so tempted by that at a big price.

Arkle= UDS is magnificent beast, but is very free running from the front and is prone to a mistake. Vibralto Valtat has proven form. Of the lot UDS is the one I would be most wary of.

Champion Hurdle = Think I'm almost the only person in the world who thinks The New One will win. Added to that the depth of the front 4/5 in the market I don't think Faugheen is deserving of being an Even money shot.

Mares = Annie Power is the best horse by a mile. But having so long off the track rarely is useful, getting up that hill is tough on a first run back. Anything under 80% and she might get turned over. My picks will be bitofapuzzle and Little King Robin, both at decent prices.

nah there's slight doubts over all of them but they should go in if they perform how they can. think douvan is the most likely to get beaten (as the betting suggests). rich ricci did say faugheen was his biggest worry on day one but that was more the quality of opposition than anything to do with the performance of the horse back home. 

32red and betvictor both giving away 30 quid in free bets to new customers if mullins has a winner on day one. sign up, place a bet on the special @ 1/20 or something then get it paid @ 3/1 (£10 max 32red) or 6/1 (£5 max betvic) upon settling. if you're taking them all on may as well open an account with one of them if you don't have one and take that offer just in case one goes in i guess. i'm on the 32red one cos i've finally found somewhere i don't have an account lol

What do people think the Fly's chances are?

I backed him a month or so ago before he won the Irish Champion Hurdle at a big price. Not sure now though, with the drying ground I'm not certain he will have the turn of foot to keep up with the other 3 at the top of the market unfortunately. What you can guarantee is he will stay on up the hill so if the others make mistakes he will capitalise.

Just done myself a Canadian across the 4 days.

Qewy 14/1 (Supreme Novices)

All Yours 10/1 (Fred Winter)

Whisper 12/1 (World Hurdle)

Caracci Apache 14/1 (Albert Bartlett)

Lord Windermere 12/1 (Gold Cup)

Bit of a wild punt but thought they were all great odds.

Also done a Fourfold with UDS, Annie Power, Peace and Co and Silviniaco Conti.

That and my £25 E/W single on Qewy at 14/1 and I think that's my Ante Post bets done.

I think Sam Winner is massively overpriced for the GC. This years GC is easily one of the worst fields in the last 5 years and there are no real stand out horses for the race, I still think Silviniaco Conti is a flat track bully and can't see him staying up the hill again, and outside of him there is a blanket over the next 5 or 6. I've taken a plunge on Sam Winner who has plenty of Cheltenham form (he's ran 10 times and placed in the Top 3 on six of those occasions) he's a horse that has massively improved this season and at 25/1 for me he has to be a real player E/W. 

I think Sam Winner is massively overpriced for the GC. This years GC is easily one of the worst fields in the last 5 years and there are no real stand out horses for the race, I still think Silviniaco Conti is a flat track bully and can't see him staying up the hill again, and outside of him there is a blanket over the next 5 or 6. I've taken a plunge on Sam Winner who has plenty of Cheltenham form (he's ran 10 times and placed in the Top 3 on six of those occasions) he's a horse that has massively improved this season and at 25/1 for me he has to be a real player E/W.

Can't see it , but then again your spot in it's an open race SC will wobble up the hill I fear once te screw turns , must be 25 years since nortons coin tramped home at 100-1 the old slag lol

For some reason I can't get any excitement this year either yet and I don't know why, not even going either for the first time since I was 18. Hoping it hits me at some point next week.

Un De Sceaux, Faugeen and Annie Power should dominate the first day but get the feeling one of them will get turned over, would love to see Sacre win but think it could be a bit too soon and Sire De Grugy looks so in form at the minute, Champagne Fever looks a massive price at 5's and showed last year well capable of producing on the course.

In terms of quality it looks the worst Gold Cup for years, Conti is a 10/3 fave and he would have been 33's in the Kauto years.

Bit of an exaggeration. People were spoilt with Kauto and Denman etc, and Conti is a better horse than a lot that they faced. You're always going to have years more like this, last year and the year Synchronised won, which were all very average in quality IMO.

Still those 2 Gold Cups were amongst the most exciting I've seen.

Bit of an exaggeration. People were spoilt with Kauto and Denman etc, and Conti is a better horse than a lot that they faced. You're always going to have years more like this, last year and the year Synchronised won, which were all very average in quality IMO.

With Denman and Kauto it was always a two horse race in effect. This years is wide open. I'm backing McCoy to go out with a bang on Carlingford Lough.

Guest MattP

Yeah but I do that lol

I still think he'd be 16's in a race with those two. I think he'd be as long as that in the Best Mate era as well or the early 00's when See More Business was lapping it up. The Gold Cup just doesn't have it for me at the monent, it needs a hero.

I watched an old video of Gloria Victis the other day. anyone remember him? Died in only his fifth chase after being entered into the Gold Cup far too early, he won the RSA chase like nothing ever had, would have probably ran against Best Mate.

He could have been the greatest ever.

Archived