Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Youth Cup Qtr Final LCFC v Brum 25/02/15 Free Entry for ST holders

LCFC away first in the semi finals

The Semi-Final draw

First leg

1 Manchester City or Crewe Alexandra v Leicester City

2 Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Second leg

1 Leicester City v Manchester City or Crewe Alexandra

2 Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur

The Final

First leg

Manchester City/Crewe Alexandra/Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur/Chelsea

Second leg

Tottenham Hotspur/Chelsea v Manchester City/Crewe Alexandra/Leicester City

Just got back we didn't play to badly Chilwell had a good game and the right back looked very strong. Overall I think we just about deserved the win. What did impress me was the quality of delivery from corners Matty james and Riyad should go and watch them they may learn something, both teams hit the woodwork and the winning goal came from a howler by the Brum goalkeeper but they all count anyway.

Interesting to see some of the lads that will hopefully be coming through in the next few years.

I didn't know much about the current crop before tonight other than that I'd heard Choudhury, Chilwell and Ndukwu were the ones to watch. I tried not to look at names until half time so that I was starting from a fairly uninfluenced perspective and could just judge what I saw.

For me, the standouts were undoubtedly Ndukwu, Choudhury and Kipre.

Ndukwu - looks like he can beat a man and good technically. If I'm right in thinking that he's a couple of years below this age group then we could have a real player on our hands.

Choudhury - hard not to notice with that hair but strikes the ball nicely and there were a couple of moments where he showed real class and did something small that marked him out as having a bit extra.

Kipre - this lad was a beast! Dominated in the air, played accurate and firm passes and had so much composure. I was waiting to see if he had pace to go with it all but he was never really stretched. If he does then he's got a great chance. I did notice him stretching a lot, hopefully he's got a body that can withstand the rigours of professional football.

Leicester looked by far the better team, both in terms of the areas in which the game was played and quality on the ball. You wouldn't say that they didn't deserve to win but got very fortunate with the goal and with the fact that Birmingham could well have had a penalty (Elliott Moore should probably start thinking about what he's going to do after football).

The team tried to play the right way and had a couple in the middle of the park (Miles and Barnes) who were very tidy players but the kind you have to hope can cope physically in adult football - Barnes probably looked the better of the two and scored a nice goal. Any shouts of Chilwell being anywhere near the first team on the basis of tonight look outrageous (granted it was a one off game).

As with any academy side, the vast majority will fade out of the game (particularly at professional level) but it's a great achievement to get to the semi-final and we look like amongst that lot there could well be a couple (most likely Ndukwu and Choudhury) who will make the step up. Hopefully they can do that with the epxerience of a final under their belt!

I think you're over-estimating how many players from an academy class are likely to get anywhere near the first team.

It depends what league we are in to be fair but I would be very surprised if 4-5 of this current crop aren't floating about the first team picture. I completely forgot to put Ndukwu on that list to be fair. Both he and Choudhury are two I definitely think will end up playing for Leicester City.

Interesting to see some of the lads that will hopefully be coming through in the next few years.

I didn't know much about the current crop before tonight other than that I'd heard Choudhury, Chilwell and Ndukwu were the ones to watch. I tried not to look at names until half time so that I was starting from a fairly uninfluenced perspective and could just judge what I saw.

For me, the standouts were undoubtedly Ndukwu, Choudhury and Kipre.

Ndukwu - looks like he can beat a man and good technically. If I'm right in thinking that he's a couple of years below this age group then we could have a real player on our hands.

Choudhury - hard not to notice with that hair but strikes the ball nicely and there were a couple of moments where he showed real class and did something small that marked him out as having a bit extra.

Kipre - this lad was a beast! Dominated in the air, played accurate and firm passes and had so much composure. I was waiting to see if he had pace to go with it all but he was never really stretched. If he does then he's got a great chance. I did notice him stretching a lot, hopefully he's got a body that can withstand the rigours of professional football.

Leicester looked by far the better team, both in terms of the areas in which the game was played and quality on the ball. You wouldn't say that they didn't deserve to win but got very fortunate with the goal and with the fact that Birmingham could well have had a penalty (Elliott Moore should probably start thinking about what he's going to do after football).

The team tried to play the right way and had a couple in the middle of the park (Miles and Barnes) who were very tidy players but the kind you have to hope can cope physically in adult football - Barnes probably looked the better of the two and scored a nice goal. Any shouts of Chilwell being anywhere near the first team on the basis of tonight look outrageous (granted it was a one off game).

As with any academy side, the vast majority will fade out of the game (particularly at professional level) but it's a great achievement to get to the semi-final and we look like amongst that lot there could well be a couple (most likely Ndukwu and Choudhury) who will make the step up. Hopefully they can do that with the epxerience of a final under their belt!

Not a bad summary to be fair

Thought we were very poor in the middle of the park and King up front wasn't very mobile to say the least

Kept telling everyone that whilst Chilwell is going to be top drawer he certainly isn't just yet so give the lad a chance

Chelsea are head and shoulders above anyone else at U18's so at least we are in the right side of the semi final draw

Archived