Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Youth Cup Qtr Final LCFC v Brum 25/02/15 Free Entry for ST holders

Hoping for Crewe away as that would be doable on a weeknight.

Had a good laugh tonight, kids seemed to love the atmosphere when it got going. Loved seeing the way the team celebrated at the end, clearly means a lot to them.

Reckon the club should consider giving every ST holder who turns up a priority point to encourage a big crowd.

Shout out to the really drunk Brummie who was there tonight by the way.

Interesting to see some of the lads that will hopefully be coming through in the next few years.

I didn't know much about the current crop before tonight other than that I'd heard Choudhury, Chilwell and Ndukwu were the ones to watch. I tried not to look at names until half time so that I was starting from a fairly uninfluenced perspective and could just judge what I saw.

For me, the standouts were undoubtedly Ndukwu, Choudhury and Kipre.

Ndukwu - looks like he can beat a man and good technically. If I'm right in thinking that he's a couple of years below this age group then we could have a real player on our hands.

Choudhury - hard not to notice with that hair but strikes the ball nicely and there were a couple of moments where he showed real class and did something small that marked him out as having a bit extra.

Kipre - this lad was a beast! Dominated in the air, played accurate and firm passes and had so much composure. I was waiting to see if he had pace to go with it all but he was never really stretched. If he does then he's got a great chance. I did notice him stretching a lot, hopefully he's got a body that can withstand the rigours of professional football.

Leicester looked by far the better team, both in terms of the areas in which the game was played and quality on the ball. You wouldn't say that they didn't deserve to win but got very fortunate with the goal and with the fact that Birmingham could well have had a penalty (Elliott Moore should probably start thinking about what he's going to do after football).

The team tried to play the right way and had a couple in the middle of the park (Miles and Barnes) who were very tidy players but the kind you have to hope can cope physically in adult football - Barnes probably looked the better of the two and scored a nice goal. Any shouts of Chilwell being anywhere near the first team on the basis of tonight look outrageous (granted it was a one off game).

As with any academy side, the vast majority will fade out of the game (particularly at professional level) but it's a great achievement to get to the semi-final and we look like amongst that lot there could well be a couple (most likely Ndukwu and Choudhury) who will make the step up. Hopefully they can do that with the epxerience of a final under their belt!

"Elliott Moore should probably start thinking about what he's going to do after football" REALLY!?

I'd say he was probably one of the stand out players on the pitch. Organised the whole game which is much more than the excuse of a captain Chilwell seemed to do. Won every aerial duel and was constantly the player the wide defenders looked to offload the ball to when unable to move forwards.

Also it seems the tackle you're referring to was deemed perfectly acceptable by the referee, and arguably one that saved the game for the young leicester side. But hey, I bet you know more than a qualified referee don't you?

"Elliott Moore should probably start thinking about what he's going to do after football" REALLY!?

I'd say he was probably one of the stand out players on the pitch. Organised the whole game which is much more than the excuse of a captain Chilwell seemed to do. Won every aerial duel and was constantly the player the wide defenders looked to offload the ball to when unable to move forwards.

Also it seems the tackle you're referring to was deemed perfectly acceptable by the referee, and arguably one that saved the game for the young leicester side. But hey, I bet you know more than a qualified referee don't you?

Yes, really.

If we're being totally honest he nearly cost the team a goal by letting his striker slip past him on the inside from a nothing ball and in comparison to his partner Kipre he looked a couple of notches below in terms of class. Looked to me like one who has made it this far on his size alone but in terms of pace, quality on the ball and defensive nous will be a little short to make it at a club like Leicester.

With regards to the tackle, yes I think I did know more than a professional referee. Mainly because I was side on to it and watching from a elevated position in the stand. Perhaps if I was on the pitch with the referee's vantage point I wouldn't but the fact is that I had a perspective the referee could only dream of. It was a certain penalty from a clumsy challenge.

As I conceded with Chilwell (who I agree did nothing of note), my opinion was based on just what I saw in that game so I could well be wrong but on the basis of what I saw, and my judgement (which is usually pretty decent), Elliott Moore would be at the rear of the order of players from that side likely to make a good go of it in the professional game.

The young lads are through to the semi final for the first time in years and people are still slating them? lol seriously let them be they'll progress how they want. Everyone was raving about us having England's next big star in George Taft. He was qualify in the youth sides up until the u21's. No one raved about Liam Moore however, he was just an average youth player.

The young lads are through to the semi final for the first time in years and people are still slating them? lol seriously let them be they'll progress how they want. Everyone was raving about us having England's next big star in George Taft. He was qualify in the youth sides up until the u21's. No one raved about Liam Moore however, he was just an average youth player.

Valid!

All the wannabe scouts who have to cast a critical eye over things because it makes them think they'll get the respect of anonymous posters on an internet forum if they do. FFS they're in the Youth Cup semi-final, it's a great achievement for that team and the club overall so let's be proud rather than slating teenage lads for not being the finished fvcking article.

Come on boys, do us proud!

Archived