Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

You responded with "you make your own luck", followed by "it's nothing to do with luck". What relevance does making one's own luck have if it's nothing to do with luck?

Good answer I bet your pleased with self now!

"What relevance does making one's own luck have if it's nothing to do with luck?"

Ready. Steady. Go!

I can't really answer it to be fair but just to say we are where we are because we are crap that's it really is that any good?

I can't really answer it to be fair but just to say we are where we are because we are crap that's it really is that any good?

Elaborating on a topic isn't really your strength, is it?

Maybe we could take you a bit more serious if you put in more effort in getting your facts straight and by being a bit more... extensive in your evaluation.

I'm glad not everyone goes the oversimplifying way when arguing about our current state of affairs.

In fairness he has a point, why take off mahrez when he is our main attacking threat? Leaving Albrighton and Knockaert out of the squad is beyond me as well, as both have the ability to change a game yet Pearson won't pick them. Can someone explain why Pearson makes sure we have no width when we bring on a target man?

See below. I don't know how you can be dissatisfied with Vardy and Nugent coming on after their effect against Everton. Ulloa has been off the boil, but he's proven he can be a handful and is probably the most dangerous player in the box that we have available.

But notice how we suddenly threatened through the middle with our subs? Even before the subs, our most threatening situations came from attacks down the middle, so what is the issue?

Before you get your nickers in a twist, I wasn't critising the fact Pearson brought them pair on. It was the fact he took Kramaric and Mahrez off.

He brought off Kramaric and Konchesky for that pair. Ulloa for Mahrez was a last throw of the dice, and to be honest, Mahrez wasn't setting stuff alight last night. Fine through ball that nearly sent Kramaric through and a deflected shot on the post, but the reason he's brought off is clearly because he's tiring. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time either.

Kramaric, you may have a point, and maybe he should've taken off Upson or another centerback and taken a gamble. However, we all saw what happened against Villa when we changed to a back four during a game...

Are you suggesting he should've substituted someone else?

What you're saying re the dropping points to teams of a similar ilk is very true, however I couldn't help but feel tonight's whole approach was half arsed, the selection pretty much the same as recent weeks, which has seen a pathetic attempt at progression (loose term) in the cup, and a point away at the Lukaku horror show. It seems that NP, has completely run out of ideas and is literally trying to stumble through each game hoping and praying that Lady Luck is favouring us.

This; it's all he's done for the last few years. The difference last year was that luck was on our side. We got off to a good start, the players were confident and we didn't suffer from injury or suspension. He proved the year before, and again this season that when the going gets tough and he actually has to do some work, he just isn't up to it. No idea how to change things for the better, just hope for the best!

Elaborating on a topic isn't really your strength, is it?

Maybe we could take you a bit more serious if you put in more effort in getting your facts straight and by being a bit more... extensive in your evaluation.

I'm glad not everyone goes the oversimplifying way when arguing about our current state of affairs.

I've got a busy life mate wife, kids work etc so I like to bang in short sweet posts and straight to the point if that's OK? I haven't got all day to bash away on a keyboard.

I've got a busy life mate wife, kids work etc so I like to bang in short sweet posts and straight to the point if that's OK? I haven't got all day to bash away on a keyboard.

You shouldn't be on here then.

So, when tiffin said that we were shit, but we've not been helped by consistently whacko refereeing decisions, you decided to ignore what he said about the decisions just meaning we were further adrift than we should be, and focus on the idea that we've had shit luck. Then make up nonsense about making your own luck, and luck not coming into it... You realise that that makes absolutely no sense what so ever right.

Why would get beaten 5-0? Did it happen at Chelsea or at Liverpoool? 541 doesn't work well because the 1 is isolated. Poor Kramaric did all he could last night, with no support at all, chased after every ball but after 60 minutes he's substituted off. It needs to be two, especially in our position of needing to win. When we play with two and go at the opposition we look half decent, and with that came our best chances of the game. 

5-4-1 adds a lot more structure to the team and we're better because of it, sticking two from the get go is naive considering how well it's worked in this divison. Bringing them on later, like at Everton and like yesterday is a lot better strategy so Vardy can exploit the somewhat fatigued defence. Kramaric is fine in his role and was causing problems whenever he was on the ball. 

So, when tiffin said that we were shit, but we've not been helped by consistently whacko refereeing decisions, you decided to ignore what he said about the decisions just meaning we were further adrift than we should be, and focus on the idea that we've had shit luck. Then make up nonsense about making your own luck, and luck not coming into it... You realise that that makes absolutely no sense what so ever right.

Sorry my mate I bow down to your superior knowledge because your obviously a Doctor right? And I'm not.

You could be a supporter of any of these teams you've mentioned and I bet you create any hard luck stories for them. We are where we are because we are not good enough simple as.

Nail on the head.

We probably haven't had our fair share of luck but you don't get 18pts from 27 matches because you're unlucky. 

Sorry my mate I bow down to your superior knowledge because your obviously a Doctor right? And I'm not.

Rather than being sarcastic you could answer the question posed to you of what relevance creating your own luck means if luck is irrelevant?

Genuine question would people prefer a display such as last night where we played in a defensive 5-4-1 structure which gave us chances on the counter attack and lose 2-0 or rock up playing 4-4-2 and get battered 4/5-0?

The reason we haven't been battered this season in any game is because our manager has altered tactics to suit different styles of different opposition. That's the reason we've never been beat by more than 2 goals whereas Burnley who consistently play 4-4-2 have had some dire results like being battered 4-0 by West Brom. 

There is no shame in losing 2-0 to a side with world class players such as Aguero, Toure and Silva. I mean come on they have players like Jovetic who can't even get on their bench that would instantly walk into our side. Chelsea have drawn 1-1 with Man City twice this season and Mourinho was saying how good a result it was. People need a grip on reality.

Nail on the head.

We probably haven't had our fair share of luck but you don't get 18pts from 27 matches because you're unlucky.

No one has said that we are where we are due to bad luck, they've said we're poor, but you've got to look at baffling decisions like Morgan at Liverpool and Krammy last night and say that with a bit more luck we'd not be as far adrift. Basically put, were shit, we deserve to be in the relegation zone, but we are unlucky that we are this far adrift.

Rather than just reeling off pointless stats, how about watching the game and giving an opinion on the actual football. Talking about tonight specifically all I want to say is that we played well against a side who are a completely different class, we caused them a lot of problems and deserved more from the game so I don't see how I can moan about anything from the team based on tonight's display. 

I don't think the 0-2 defeat stat, or the bottom of the table stat (both of which you're responding to here) are pointless.

Surely looking at an unbelievable run of defeats and saying that we should focus on how honourably we lost is, in more ways than one, pointless.

We're "unlucky" because we are an unpopular team. 

Chelsea, Manure, Arsenal etc... are always going to be more "lucky" than us. It isn't luck, it's prejudice.

I don't think the 0-2 defeat stat, or the bottom of the table stat (both of which you're responding to here) are pointless.

Surely looking at an unbelievable run of defeats and saying that we should focus on how honourably we lost is, in more ways than one, pointless.

There is no comparison between this game and the Villa game(for example). We played well against a team that should beat us 9 times out of 10 at their ground. Our problem has been playing badly and not getting results against the weaker teams in the division.

Archived