Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Genuine question would people prefer a display such as last night where we played in a defensive 5-4-1 structure which gave us chances on the counter attack and lose 2-0 or rock up playing 4-4-2 and get battered 4/5-0?

The reason we haven't been battered this season in any game is because our manager has altered tactics to suit different styles of different opposition. That's the reason we've never been beat by more than 2 goals whereas Burnley who consistently play 4-4-2 have had some dire results like being battered 4-0 by West Brom.

There is no shame in losing 2-0 to a side with world class players such as Aguero, Toure and Silva. I mean come on they have players like Jovetic who can't even get on their bench that would instantly walk into our side. Chelsea have drawn 1-1 with Man City twice this season and Mourinho was saying how good a result it was. People need a grip on reality.

What about when we played villa in the cup we were shocking with that system should we have not gone there and had a go or were you happy losing? I was there and it was rubbish but it's OK though we only lost by one goal.

What about when we played villa in the cup we were shocking with that system should we have not gone there and had a go or were you happy losing? I was there and it was rubbish but it's OK though we only lost by one goal.

I think EVERYBODY agrees that was a disgusting performance. It was one of the worst I've seen in 50 years but that was nothing like the majority of our games.

Genuine question would people prefer a display such as last night where we played in a defensive 5-4-1 structure which gave us chances on the counter attack and lose 2-0 or rock up playing 4-4-2 and get battered 4/5-0?

The reason we haven't been battered this season in any game is because our manager has altered tactics to suit different styles of different opposition. That's the reason we've never been beat by more than 2 goals whereas Burnley who consistently play 4-4-2 have had some dire results like being battered 4-0 by West Brom.

There is no shame in losing 2-0 to a side with world class players such as Aguero, Toure and Silva. I mean come on they have players like Jovetic who can't even get on their bench that would instantly walk into our side. Chelsea have drawn 1-1 with Man City twice this season and Mourinho was saying how good a result it was. People need a grip on reality.

Burnley played 442 at Man City and got a point.

There have only been 3 games this season where I have been disgusted with out performance Swansea away, Man Utd away and Aston Villa in the FA Cup.

However you seem to forget that at Villa in the cup we conceded when we switched from 5-4-1 to 4-4-2. So surely that proves the point that we aren't a good enough side to go wherever and play 4-4-2 and give a good account of ourselves. Last year we could rock up and play 4-4-2 and expect to win. That is never going to happen in this league. 

Yes we were terrible against Villa in the cup but we weren't terrible last night. So what's your point?

No one has said that we are where we are due to bad luck, they've said we're poor, but you've got to look at baffling decisions like Morgan at Liverpool and Krammy last night and say that with a bit more luck we'd not be as far adrift. Basically put, were shit, we deserve to be in the relegation zone, but we are unlucky that we are this far adrift.

This doesn't make sense to me you say no one has mentioned bad luck then mention with a bit more luck we'd be not that far adrift please explain?

There have only been 3 games this season where I have been disgusted with out performance Swansea away, Man Utd away and Aston Villa in the FA Cup.

However you seem to forget that at Villa in the cup we conceded when we switched from 5-4-1 to 4-4-2. So surely that proves the point that we aren't a good enough side to go wherever and play 4-4-2 and give a good account of ourselves. Last year we could rock up and play 4-4-2 and expect to win. That is never going to happen in this league.

Yes we were terrible against Villa in the cup but we weren't terrible last night. So what's your point?

But we were terrible before we conceded playing 5-4-1 so what's your point?

Allowed Kramaric to run himself into the ground then puts on 2 supporting players.

Puts on Ulloa and takes off the last winger.

Continues to play Morgan.

The sooner he's gone the better.

I'm proud of the the teams performance and embarrassed by the manager.

This would appear to be the correct summing up.

Some posters would have us look at game after game in isolation, focusing on how close we came and suggesting that being bottom and seven points adrift is somehow unfair and unrepresentative. 

However, according to some of the same posters, we shouldn't look at this season in isolation, we should consider all of Pearson's erstwhile achievements at a lower level. And we should remember where we were before Pearson took over.

Yet we shouldn't look as far back as the era when we were an established Premier League side (so, nearly half of our history).

Now it's interesting to see people using refereeing as a defence of our performance this year, and accusing those who discount this of being 'unbalanced'. But at the same time they don't talk about the many dubious penalties that Vardy has picked up over the past couple of seasons.

I can understand arguments to keep Pearson (though the idea that we should expect no better, or people saying they'd prefer to go down with Pearson than to stay up without him, tend to make them seem a little ridiculous at times), but some of this looks like desperately scrambling for a reason to justify his management. Surely any argument to keep him has to be based on the idea that he'll get better, rather than the notion that he's already good enough and is just really unlucky.

This doesn't make sense to me you say no one has mentioned bad luck then mention with a bit more luck we'd be not that far adrift please explain?

Simple - we're rubbish and deserve to be in the relegation zone, we can't blame luck for being in the shit, but we can say that luck has robbed us of a few points and with those points we'd be closer to safety points wise.

Simple - we're rubbish and deserve to be in the relegation zone, we can't blame luck for being in the shit, but we can say that luck has robbed us of a few points and with those points we'd be closer to safety points wise.

Luck doesn't come in to it according to you by ridiculing some of my previous posts.

It's almost like Pearson is taking us down on purpose...ridiculous though that sounds.

His subs couldn't have been much worse. Genuinely, it's like he looks at a situation and thinks..'how can I minimise our chances here'?

lol

Interesting.

Do you think it's possible that NP would prefer to be in the Champinship where he can appear successful, or stay in the PL where he appesrs to struggle and be continually shown up?

Man City had no Toure or Aguero that day, in fact had no strikers at all in the starting line up. We played arguably their best side last night so I wouldn't use the Burnley result as your argument.

Didn't we play them at home when they had no strikers?

But we were terrible before we conceded playing 5-4-1 so what's your point?

Well it was 0-0 whilst playing 5-4-1, a formation which most people seem to have a problem with. When we went to 4-4-2 we conceded and ended up losing the game. I think 5-4-1 and the way we are currently playing gives us the best chance of avoiding relegation. That's my point. 

Eh?

Come on, a loss is a loss and goal difference isn't going to mean a thing when your at the BOTTOM!!!!!

I agree there's no shame to losing to the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc but to lose to Villa, and other teams around us is shameful.

I kind of admire your loyalty but eventually even the most die-hard supporter must see the reality of our plight. At some point you are going to have to admit, losing by no more than 2 goals all season isn't a winning situation.

It's like having a business and saying "I've only ever been £2 away from making a profit every week", only to find that you're still going to be bankrupt at the end.

Well it was 0-0 whilst playing 5-4-1, a formation which most people seem to have a problem with. When we went to 4-4-2 we conceded and ended up losing the game. I think 5-4-1 and the way we are currently playing gives us the best chance of avoiding relegation. That's my point.

Me personally I'd go 4-4-2 get De laet and schlupp back as fullbacks being in Albrighton or Knocky on one wing mahrez on the other and have a go we need to win games let's be brave Pearson won't do this though.

Eh?

Come on, a loss is a loss and goal difference isn't going to mean a thing when your at the BOTTOM!!!!!

I agree there's no shame to losing to the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc but to lose to Villa, and other teams around us is shameful.

I kind of admire your loyalty but eventually even the most die-hard supporter must see the reality of our plight. At some point you are going to have to admit, losing by no more than 2 goals all season isn't a winning situation.

It's like having a business and saying "I've only ever been £2 away from making a profit every week", only to find that you're still going to be bankrupt at the end.

but if, after 51 weeks, you take an order which generates a £102 profit, you end the year having broken even. if you're losing £3/ week, you would make a £50 loss!

FFS we are bottom

We have 18 points

generally we set up not to lose by too many and this has been true most of the season..and generally we have lost...

simple as

NP out of depth and we will be out of the division by April, I love the optimism of people who think we will go on some miraculous run when there is no basis for that assumption. other than we did not get smashed at Man City.

Eh?

Goal difference does make a difference, hence why it is used to separate teams that are on the same points. Come the end of the season goal difference could be crucial in such a tight race to avoid relegation. That's why it's important to not get smashed 4/5-0.

Me personally I'd go 4-4-2 get De laet and schlupp back as fullbacks being in Albrighton or Knocky on one wing mahrez on the other and have a go we need to win games let's be brave Pearson won't do this though.

I hope he doesn't, it looks an awful side. Attacking full backs and two wingers and two up front exposing our two centre backs and two centre midfielders.

I want us to be positive with attacking players but you still need a balance.

Eh?

But it could mean a hell of a lot if you have the same points as a team in the lowest survival position.

Goal difference does make a difference, hence why it is used to separate teams that are on the same points. Come the end of the season goal difference could be crucial in such a tight race to avoid relegation. That's why it's important to not get smashed 4/5-0.

I understand the principle of GD thanks. won't matter one bit to us in 12 games time though.

Archived