Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Why would get beaten 5-0? Did it happen at Chelsea or at Liverpoool? 541 doesn't work well because the 1 is isolated. Poor Kramaric did all he could last night, with no support at all, chased after every ball but after 60 minutes he's substituted off. It needs to be two, especially in our position of needing to win. When we play with two and go at the opposition we look half decent, and with that came our best chances of the game. 

thats because there was more space later in the game when we could afford to play two up but we have found this season playing two up top this hasnt worked for us this season either so we might as well try other things

Is Dickov22 still banging the 2 up front drum. The 2 teams that are going down with us play 2 up front, we have played 2 up front for the majority of the season, so surely that proves it is not effective.

We are a counter attacking team, and again we created enough to get something out of the game on the counter.

It's laughable how naive people are, it's such drivel I've completely tuned out

Jeff was at fault for the second goal was my point - you've got to bust a gut to stop that cross coming over. He didn't.

You cannot expect to concede that much possession and not lose. We lost the game before it began with this line up he insists on playing. Feel really sorry for Kramaric too. So isolated.

Going down with a wimper

Schlupp & Mahrez again!!! the extra number at the back should allow the attacking talent to actually attack

Difficult to judge against Champions though, however with the games between now and the end of the season we're not playing Champions, we've played all but one of the the best sides twice, while those around us haven't!

thats because there was more space later in the game when we could afford to play two up but we have found this season playing two up top this hasnt worked for us this season either so we might as well try other things

I couldn't agree more.

However, we have spent £8m on Ulloa and £9m on Kramaric and yet we are now playing a system which can't accommodate both of them. To me, that is mis-management. A complete waste of valuable transfer funds that could have bought a real quality upgrades for Nugent and/or Hammond. 

It's no different to spending £8m on a keeper and then £9m on a back-up keeper.

**** the football.

yaya toure sells watches on the pitch.

that was worth the 44 quid alone.

It was sells watches on the beach lol

Yaya Toure is a lucky lucky man made me laugh.

Other than that it was pretty crap again. The usual 20% at most making any noise.

Guest ttfn

The Doctor absolutely nailing it.

Yes, we're shit, but an abnormally high number of poor (Schlupp yesterday, Vardy against Spurs, Hammond against Villa, Simpson's handball at Anfield) and downright whacko refereeing decisions (Kramaric yesterday, Morgan "handball" at Anfield) have evidently cost us points.

Yes, we'd still be shit and in trouble. Yes, we'd probably still be bottom. But we'd be much closer and have a far better chance of staying up if the officials had done their jobs properly.

The fact we're in big trouble is down to the players and coaching staff, primarily calamitous play in both boxes.

But the fact we're adrift and seemingly without hope rather than in with a good shot of staying up is largely a result of shit "luck" with referees. Surely that much is self-evident?

Huth has transformed that back line - I know we won't have him for next year but he is the type of player we need.

One player cannot transform a defence that is full of holes.

He's a mile ahead of any other defender we've got but that doesn't change the fact we had the usual lapses in concentration.

It's no use defending well if you're going to have lapses in concentration and considering how negative the formation is, if we defended poorly given the amount of inevitable pressure we'd be conceding about five a game.

Pack the midfield from now on. Not the defence. The defence is just asking for trouble.

Are we actually trying to hide Kramaric in the hope no-one buys him in the summer? He's without a doubt our best forward and we're doing everything possible to make it hard for him.

Ulloa as a lone forward with five at the back might just be the worst attacking 'threat' this division will ever see.

We do not play to our players' strengths and have too many gaps to be able to do so.

We need a miracle. Nothing short of it.

If our defence was more competent and our central midfield more mobile, we could play 2 up front. We would also, need to become more comfortable in possession which is not our style. We prefer to play on the counter with two wingers.

Drop a winger and you can have 2 up front. I think the only way to satisfy some in here is to have 11 outfield players.

Clearly we had an idea of how we wanted to play and Ulloa suited that. that didn't work out in the long run so we had to buy a striker who we thought would be a better all round finisher. Teams worked us out to deny Leo the service and space he needs.

He leaves Krameric isolated as a lone striker when he's clearly not big and strong enough to play that role. He's got excellent movement and needs service but when we play two up top he brings him off. Also every time he bring Ulloa on he sacrifices a winger for him. Pearson is always trying to put square pegs in round holes. 

I can understand a back five last night with two out and out full backs but we can't do that any more. We have nine very winnable games left and two games where we would take a point (Spurs (A), Chelsea (H).The 5-4-1 has to end here.

If we play three centre halves we need two attacking wing backs like Schlupp, De Laet or Albrighton. A front two and Mahrez just behind. We could even play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 but we can't afford to be passive and play five out and out defenders and one striker. With Aston Villa winning we now need to start winning matches, draws won't get the job done

I believe we have a mid to lower table squad but Pearson needs to utilise it better, we're capable of winning another six matches to get us out of this.

Re: Schwarzer

Despite last night's good display I maintain he's too old to be playing PL football.

I've raised this as I got slaughtered for saying Pearson is a twat for having him in the side and that he can't kick. Strangely this tirade came before he'd done anything any good in the game. At that point why would you defend him - he's been an absolute disaster, and not there on merit.

I cite various goal costing howlers prior to the Man City game that have cost us points and probably a 6th round FA cup experience as evidence. I believe every save he made last night, either of the other two would have been expected to make them. (Understand Im talking shot stopping not cross catching re Kasper!)

One swallow does not a summer make, is something you Pearson/Schwartzer loving muppets need to consider.

The Doctor absolutely nailing it.

Yes, we're shit, but an abnormally high number of poor (Schlupp yesterday, Vardy against Spurs, Hammond against Villa, Simpson's handball at Anfield) and downright whacko refereeing decisions (Kramaric yesterday, Morgan "handball" at Anfield) have evidently cost us points.

Yes, we'd still be shit and in trouble. Yes, we'd probably still be bottom. But we'd be much closer and have a far better chance of staying up if the officials had done their jobs properly.

The fact we're in big trouble is down to the players and coaching staff, primarily calamitous play in both boxes.

But the fact we're adrift and seemingly without hope rather than in with a good shot of staying up is largely a result of shit "luck" with referees. Surely that much is self-evident?

What a load rubbish you make your own luck in football and unfortunately we are just not good enough. Pearson set's us up negatively every game now just to stop the flow of goals but you get the same old we've never lost by two goals crap it's got nothing to do with luck.

He leaves Krameric isolated as a lone striker when he's clearly not big and strong enough to play that role. He's got excellent movement and needs service but when we play two up top he brings him off. Also every time he bring Ulloa on he sacrifices a winger for him. Pearson is always trying to put square pegs in round holes.

I can understand a back five last night with two out and out full backs but we can't do that any more. We have nine very winnable games left and two games where we would take a point (Spurs (A), Chelsea (H).The 5-4-1 has to end here.

If we play three centre halves we need two attacking wing backs like Schlupp, De Laet or Albrighton. A front two and Mahrez just behind. We could even play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 but we can't afford to be passive and play five out and out defenders and one striker. With Aston Villa winning we now need to start winning matches, draws won't get the job done

I believe we have a mid to lower table squad but Pearson needs to utilise it better, we're capable of winning another six matches to get us out of this.

I do think the squad, even with the deficiencies we have seen was capable of staying up since the introduction of Kramaric and Huth.

We are being handicapped by managerial incompetance of the highest order however which makes the task impossible to overcome.

What a load rubbish you make your own luck in football and unfortunately we are just not good enough. Pearson set's us up negatively every game now just to stop the flow of goals but you get the same old we've never lost by two goals crap it's got nothing to do with luck.

Did you actually read what he wrote? I'll presume not, as the other option is you're a few cards short of a deck.

foxhateram, on 04 Mar 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Oh pipe down! Don't start this, "The opposition sat back and let us have a go" malarkey again. We played much better after the subs and created more chances which could have got us back in the game. Krammy didn't look likely to score in a brothel tonight. I like the guy, I really do. I feel sorry for him playing on his own up top. He runs and chases everything, but because he does that he his hake dead by the 70th minute. Hence why Pearson subs him off. My point was we made more chances (I didn't say we had finished them) after the subs were made, therefore the subs made sense and did what they were intended to do. Which was to open up the game.

And to be honest if man city were 'seeing it out' as you say, then all the more reason to chuck on three strikers and have a go. *bang head here*

As far as i'm aware I havn't mentioned the opposition sitting back in any of my previous posts prior to this conversation. The game naturally opens up in the closing stages when one side is looking to seal it and the other is looking to level, comparing Kramaric to a fish is just plain bizzare and a point I cannot comment on.

Pearson's basically took off two wingers and brought on a large frontman who's main strength is in the air feeding off crosses, Nugent and Vardy I agree changed the game at Everton but from a tactical point of view its flawed as neither Nugent nor Vardy are capable of that wide role, its bringing on three people who serve the same purpose thus making it easier for Manchester City.

Eh, he's acknowledged we're shit, but that the likes of the Liverpool calamity from the ref sees us adrift rather than right in the mix. We're poor and deserve to be in the relegation zone, but consistently awful refs see us adrift rather than in the block of shit sides with a good shout for survival (qpr, burnley, villa, hull).

Eh, he's acknowledged we're shit, but that the likes of the Liverpool calamity from the ref sees us adrift rather than right in the mix. We're poor and deserve to be in the relegation zone, but consistently awful refs see us adrift rather than in the block of shit sides with a good shout for survival (qpr, burnley, villa, hull).

You could be a supporter of any of these teams you've mentioned and I bet you create any hard luck stories for them. We are where we are because we are not good enough simple as.

You could be a supporter of any of these teams you've mentioned and I bet you create any hard luck stories for them. We are where we are because we are not good enough simple as.

Same as the other teams near us. We're all in the same boat - some still have more room to breathe than others, though.

So you'd rather watch us lose 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 or even higher on a more or less regular basis then? Because that's what you get when you opt for an attacking formation away at teams like Chelsea, Manchester City, United, Arsenal and maybe even Liverpool or Everton.

This forum is hilarious.

First of all, I wonder how many people have said "you make your own luck" and strutted away victoriously like the argument was settled by the simple iteration of an old saying.

Second, some people seem to have auto-respond on because they don't actually reply to anything anyone has said, even when they quote them. It doesn't matter how many good points you make on here or how much evidence you use to support your claims, because nobody who disagrees with you considers good points and evidence as a reason to change their mind. Anybody who thinks a particular result was the fault of Pearson/Schlupp/Konch/Scwarzer/Morgan (take your pick) is going to carry on thinking that regardless of what anybody else says to the contrary. Pissing in the wind.

Finally, a few of you seem to base your opinions of tactics on what it's like to play fifa with that formation. If someone plays 5 at the back on a game, you might become frustrated and call them a cheap and cowardly c_nt  with no spine. But real life doesn't work like a computer game. If we didn't play as a defensive unit at the start, we'd have been absolutely trounced within minutes. Even with 5 at the back we relied on on Schwarzer at times to bail us out.

There is a difference between "defensive" and "negative". 5-4-1 can be an example of both, but against Man City we were definitely the former. During that time we could have had 2 penalties and Kram was almost through on goal from Mahrez's pass. We also got several chances to put set-pieces in which, if we weren't so awful at those, could have been dangerous. It's a standard tactic against a team comprising of some of the most obscenely talented players in the world.

our game in hand is against chelsea ...

That's irrelevant. If our game in hand was against QPR at home and we played Chelsea last day of the season would that make us more likely to stay up.

We do have a game in hand against most teams around us and the easiest run in. 

That's about the only positives I can see though but it does give us a glimmer of hope.

Archived