Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

I'm thinking their extra 4 points might not be solely down to them seting up to attack teams more frequently than we do.

What is it the Mark? I have watched both teams play all season mate. I do not like to admit this but we are the worst team in the league. We are the most boring, inept team playing in the PL.

I do not know how old you are Mark but I remember the Italian teams of the 70's and 80's. Yes they won  a couple of World Cups but they were so bad to watch. Defending for 85 mibutes to score on the counter in the 86th and hold on. We are trying to play the same game. Reminds me so much of those Italian sides. Only thing is, is that they had world class defenders and a few pretty terrific finishers as well. So it worked for them and they were successful. But unfortunately it wasn't enjoyable to watch. I came from an Italian family and had to endure their runs in competitions. It was torturous mate. So what I am trying to say is that we unfortunately don't have the world class type players they had. Therefore we look like drying paint to watch.

I seriously give up. I don't understand the negativity. On the whole we put in a good performance tonight. I am proud of my team. Can't wait until Hull where we can get some points on the board and you lot might bugger off with your negativity.

Criticism is great, it's a talking point. But some people on here are just hell bent on purposely ignoring credit where it should be given and moaning for the sake of it.

I would like to see the part where we played "well" it looked to me like a 50% Man City side still beat us easily, a five man defence is always going to be tough to break down, even for the best of sides, so we've basically tootled on to Manchester, and hoped to God we wouldn't get battered. Plus the substitutions were laughable, our exit from the premier league is a limp at best.

Or we went with the idea of keeping it tight and gaining a point and potentially nicking a goal at the other end on the counter attack and taking all 3. A point away at the current champions is a good result whether you are bottom or mid table. **** even Jose Mourinho is satisfied with a point against Man City.

What is it the Mark? I have watched both teams play all season mate. I do not like to admit this but we are the worst team in the league. We are the most boring, inept team playing in the PL.

I do not know how old you are Mark but I remember the Italian teams of the 70's and 80's. Yes they won  a couple of World Cups but they were so bad to watch. Defending for 85 mibutes to score on the counter in the 86th and hold on. We are trying to play the same game. Reminds me so much of those Italian sides. Only thing is, is that they had world class defenders and a few pretty terrific finishers as well. So it worked for them and they were successful. But unfortunately it wasn't enjoyable to watch. I came from an Italian family and had to endure their runs in competitions. It was torturous mate. So what I am trying to say is that we unfortunately don't have the world class type players they had. Therefore we look like drying paint to watch.

Probably a combination of them having played an extra game and having faced fewer of the top teams so far.

Because simple stuff still doesn't happen and stupid things constantly happen....

Defensively frail,

No control in midfield

No threat upfront

Hardly any movement from anyone which means players like mahrez had to constantly run diagonally up the field to get someone to move...

Still cannot defend or attack set pieces,

Still cannot cross a ball or deliver a corner...

Just still average in all areas... And that lies to down to the manager, we know the players aren't this bad, they don't look motivated most of the time,

Off the ball our positioning is a disgrace to football, and consistently making the most ridiculous substitutions...

It's even worse when the fans are predicting Nigel's decisions before he's made them,

He has his "favourites" and nothing changes that, and all in all he's just got a huge ego...

Funnily enough I respect him... I just don't think he deserves to manage us anymore.

i have read some of your posts in the past , some of which i did not agree,

but you are correct in stating pearson has favourites and a large ego,

i would go even further and suggest he is bereft of any sensible tactical

ideas , plays people in the wrong positions, keeps making the same errors,

worst of all i dont think he can distinguish between a poor player and a good one.

high time someone addressed his failings,  for goodness sake.

Tonight pretty much sums up the season, we play some excellent football going forward, far better than most teams in the bottom half. We always look capable of a goal.

Sadly theres too many passengers at the back, we knew in pre-season it would be a gamble not addressing the full back slots, particularly left back and its come to bite us big time. I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded off crosses and set plays.

Pearson's inexperience is worryingly exposed at this level, the guys philosophy is there, I do believe we play the right way, but substitutions and usage of the squad is sadly lacking, taking off two wide players who've been causing problems all night when you bring on a tall centre forward like Ulloa reeks of ill-thought and desperation after throwing on two strikers already.

Next few games could be vital but its a huge ask for us to come back from the dead.

I would like to see the part where we played "well" it looked to me like a 50% Man City side still beat us easily, a five man defence is always going to be tough to break down, even for the best of sides, so we've basically tootled on to Manchester, and hoped to God we wouldn't get battered. Plus the substitutions were laughable, our exit from the premier league is a limp at best.

Thank you for this obvious observation. Was thinking something wrong with my TV. The ball always in our area and around our box. I thought my TV service provider was a anti Leicester all season. Was editing the feed so that it looked like we were camped out in our own half for 3/4 of the game. Again thank you I feel better now.

Just seen post match interview on MOTD.

I get his frustration at times, but why the need to be such an aggressive, arrogant nobend?

Because he's an aggressive, arrogant nobhead. He's becoming an embarrasment now. And did you see him sat on the bench? Totally disinterested. Please go Nige, you're making us a laughing stock

Guest ttfn

Well they are 2 absolute stonewallers.

I'd be fuming if one of them hadn't been given. Not to get BOTH is beyond comprehension.

Yeah, don't mention that he took off perennial scapegoat Konchesky, and brought on the pair that got us a point at Everton.

I swear some people will only look at the negatives...

In fairness he has a point, why take off mahrez when he is our main attacking threat? Leaving Albrighton and Knockaert out of the squad is beyond me as well, as both have the ability to change a game yet Pearson won't pick them. Can someone explain why Pearson makes sure we have no width when we bring on a target man?

Interesting you ignore the fact we had 2 shots (one from a free kick and one deflected), barely had the ball, have won 4 games all season and continue to pick dickheads who cost us games.

Oh, and we're 7 points adrift of 17th. I'm really, really not interested in hearing how we were unlucky and robbed tonight. We can't keep trotting out that excuse every time we don't win.

that you for that rational response. at least some get it

Tonight pretty much sums up the season, we play some excellent football going forward, far better than most teams in the bottom half. We always look capable of a goal.

Sadly theres too many passengers at the back, we knew in pre-season it would be a gamble not addressing the full back slots, particularly left back and its come to bite us big time. I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded off crosses and set plays.

Pearson's inexperience is worryingly exposed at this level, the guys philosophy is there, I do believe we play the right way, but substitutions and usage of the squad is sadly lacking, taking off two wide players who've been causing problems all night when you bring on a tall centre forward like Ulloa reeks of ill-thought and desperation after throwing on two strikers already.

Next few games could be vital but its a huge ask for us to come back from the dead.

But he didn't take off two wide players who had been causing problems all night. He replaced two players who had become ineffective through tiredness (one of which, repeatedly gave the ball away all night) and replaced them with two strikers who came on and caused problems for the Man City back four.

Unfortunately this then left us exposed at the back and we got caught out. It was a gamble. Had Nuge finished that chance, had vardy taken an extra touch before firing just wide, had Huth not fouled their defender just before we had a shot, had James picked out Vardes on the right rather than flicking it to Nuge who was marked, had wes not headed the ball straight into the keepers hands, had James curled his shot top corner rather than into the keepers arms. That's just to mention a few chances we made, AFTER the subs. Before the subs, Krammy had one shot, Schlupp was fouled which should have been a pen and Krammy was fouled 'outside' the box.

When did we have the most chances? When did we keep the ball in the opposition half for more than a second? Oh yes AFTER the subs. Admittedly bringing on Ulloa was puzzling but he he had one more striker on the bench and chucked the kitchen sink at it. Why not?

What a load of reactionary bollocks this it. Pathetic reaction to what on the whole was a pretty decent set up and performance against a side who had 7/8 players that cost more indivisually than our squad.

When we go it's not because of tonight, it's because of garbage home performances against midtable sides we've lost, had we been 12th and turned in that performance tonight (even more so under Pulis) we'd be lauded for our organisation, attitude and we'd roundly say we've been robbed.

Some people are jumping at any chance to express frustration.

Did you not hear what was said tonight on MOTD....

We have the third worst away record IN ALL FOUR DIVISIONS.

Some of the frustration is completely warranted and not only based on tonight.

If this is 'reactionary nonsense', based upon this statistic, then I have no idea what you expect City fans to not react to.

Guest MattP

If this is 'reactionary nonsense', based upon this statistic, then I have no idea what you expect City fans to not react to.

Yes I've just watched it Col, Lineker said we were offcially the unluckiest team ever in the top flight (word for word) and the panel all agreed we were robbed of two penalties.

The reactionary nonsense is based on the whole season, clearly not on tonight, do you really think we'd have a thread like this had we turned in that performance sat in 12th? Of course we wouldn't. We'd all be pulling in the same boat saying how good we were and how the Champions needed the referee to beat us.

That's football fans unfortunately, I hate to side with the rugby lot but in the main we are all reactionary, primitive, lower IQ folk who can barely see a past a scoreline come the final whistle.

Hence how our performances at Arsenal away are rated lower than our ones at Stoke away by our fanbase when we do them on - it's purely on results., not actual performance.

But he didn't take off two wide players who had been causing problems all night. He replaced two players who had become ineffective through tiredness (one of which, repeatedly gave the ball away all night) and replaced them with two strikers who came on and caused problems for the Man City back four.

Unfortunately this then left us exposed at the back and we got caught out. It was a gamble. Had Nuge finished that chance, had vardy taken an extra touch before firing just wide, had Huth not fouled their defender just before we had a shot, had James picked out Vardes on the right rather than flicking it to Nuge who was marked, had wes not headed the ball straight into the keepers hands, had James curled his shot top corner rather than into the keepers arms. That's just to mention a few chances we made, AFTER the subs. Before the subs, Krammy had one shot, Schlupp was fouled which should have been a pen and Krammy was fouled 'outside' the box.

When did we have the most chances? When did we keep the ball in the opposition half for more than a second? Oh yes AFTER the subs. Admittedly bringing on Ulloa was puzzling but he he had one more striker on the bench and chucked the kitchen sink at it. Why not?

Nuge's chance was offside, and in any case he fluffed it.

Kramaric had a couple of decent efforts on goal and looked far more likely to produce something than the ineffective Vardy. Maybe the reason we had so much of the ball post-subs was because Man City had sewn the game up and decided to sit back on it like good sides often do.

Other divisions are completely irrelevant here. We are playing in the Fooking Premier League against the BEST and most expensive players in the world with a team that has been knocked up, using a penny and a Dime bar packet.

We have also played more of the teams this season then the other clubs around us, Villa, Hull and Burnley will all have that stat over the coming weeks also. I bet you.

As already mentioned, frustration and criticism and discussion of errors fine, but, ridiculous over analysis of individuals, constant bashing of the management over minuscule crap, purposeful ignorance towards a formation that although not pretty, nearly got us points tonight and a frustrating refusal by some to give credit where it is due, is just darn right ignorant and annoying.

Other divisions are completely irrelevant here. We are playing in the Fooking Premier League against the BEST and most expensive players in the world with a team that has been knocked up, using a penny and a Dime bar packet.

We have also played more of the teams this season then the other clubs around us, Villa, Hull and Burnley will all have that stat over the coming weeks also. I bet you.

As already mentioned, frustration and criticism and discussion of errors fine, but, ridiculous over analysis of individuals, constant bashing of the management over minuscule crap, purposeful ignorance towards a formation that although not pretty, nearly got us points tonight and a frustrating refusal by some to give credit where it is due, is just darn right ignorant and annoying.

It's highly relevant as its all completely relative. We play against other Prem teams, the teams in the lower divisions play against other teams pitched at their level etc.

The stat is damning to anyone other than yet another bloody blue tinted bespectacled fan.

I remain amazed at how some people will go to any lengths to defend the indefensible.

Tonight, we looked ok. Over the season, we have looked abysmal.

Archived