Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

This is so typical of our season though. We "turn up" against the best teams in the league and yet go AWOL against also ran teams such as Villa, Stoke, WBA, Sunderland - while we're presently faring poorer than the two lesser teams who we came up with and who we were head and shoulders above last season  - even though they are the two who we are most likely now to be going back down with! Realistic, not pessimistic!

I completely agree, I just don't see the point on dwelling on previous results... that's the pessimistic part. 

We played well last night and we should take positives from it going forward, even though we've said this before and we go and lose to Stoke at home or Villa away. It doesn't change the fact that we played well which is all I'm saying. I know it's not much of an opinion but some people on here seem to think we should be bombarding the likes of man city with chance after chance and having loads of possession which I find incredibly naive.

This is so typical of our season though. We "turn up" against the best teams in the league and yet go AWOL against also ran teams such as Villa, Stoke, WBA, Sunderland - while we're presently faring poorer than the two lesser teams who we came up with and who we were head and shoulders above last season  - even though they are the two who we are most likely now to be going back down with! Realistic, not pessimistic!

Psst... if you're going to list teams we "should have turned up against", it's probably best to not mentioned teams that we've not beaten / got points against.

A team with 2 wins out of 22 is not going to suddenly win half of their remaining games. The players are good enough, the manager is mishandling team affairs on a weekly basis. Explain those mad substitutions! He's clearly lost the plot. Any hope of staying up evaporated in the aftermath of the Palace game, and even then it was almost certainly too late.

Just watched the replay. Why on earth is Morgan trying to clear the ball with his right foot for Milners goal. If he made contact with that it was bound to be an OG. Silvas goal had 2 lucky deflections that ended up with the ball on a plate for him. Kramaric was clearly fouled inside the box and Schluup for me should have won a penalty aswel.

All in all a very disappointing night. Can people tell me what the subs were? I know Kram and Mahrez came off but who came on for them? Also was there a 3rd sub?

Thank you Nigel for ruining our big chance. I've had enough of him now. It's like he's doing this on purpose

what like referees not giving us decision I cant see how this is NPs fault, if anything we have lose about 10 thanks to rubbish officiating

lol, we had 20% possession, and when your goalkeeper is "class" what does that tell you.

I get it. you don't like Pearson, Don't like Leicester City, don't like losing, don't like the Championship, think we should be beating Man City in Manchester in the Prem. You call us deluded and happy clappers but at least we enjoy watching our football team (most of the time - certainly not the villa game). You will never be happy because we will never be Prem league champions - sorry if some people think that's negativism - I suggest you follow Barcelona.

I did think we played well. We set out a great defensive stall and just lost concentration after time should have expired in the first half. On another day or for another team those 2 non-penalties could have been penalties. When we fell behind we changed tactics and attacked well without scoring.

Always said we needed a class CD, CM and striker to add to our championship winning team. Huth has shown how true that is in defence, Cambiasso if  only he were a couple of years younger, has shown that in midfield and who knows whether Kramaric from the beginning of the season is the answer in attack or not - too early to say. As a team we are not completely out of our depth. We've been competitive in most of our games and personally, apart from the scores I've really enjoyed watching the matches. The big disappointment on possible relegation for me is not being able to watch every game in it's entirety. Hope the FA sort out a subs system for that for the Championship if we are relegated. 

Just watched the replay. Why on earth is Morgan trying to clear the ball with his right foot for Milners goal. If he made contact with that it was bound to be an OG. Silvas goal had 2 lucky deflections that ended up with the ball on a plate for him. Kramaric was clearly fouled inside the box and Schluup for me should have won a penalty aswel.

All in all a very disappointing night. Can people tell me what the subs were? I know Kram and Mahrez came off but who came on for them? Also was there a 3rd sub?

Forget Morgan for the second goal, wtf was Schlupp doing letting the cross come in the box in the first place? Zero effort to stop it. He's been very poor for weeks now.

Konch was subbed too 

Nuge, ulloa and Vardy came on for them. 

Thought we created enough to take something yesterday, or at least score. Mahrez hit the post, Kramaric's free kick just went wide (literally thought it was in) and Nugent's attempt at the back post all spring to mind. But they all coincide with a change in set up though, after he made the substitutions. Thought Kramaric was unlucky coming off again as there's nothing more he can do playing up front. And I know Vardy doesn't have the quality but his work rate alone causes problems and scares your typical overpaid Manchester City defender.

what like referees not giving us decision I cant see how this is NPs fault, if anything we have lose about 10 thanks to rubbish officiating

Come off it, do we really think we can concede that much possession and not get beaten? We were beaten before we went out there with that ridiculous formation. Kramaric totally isolated, Jeff half asleep as he has been for weeks, Upson who is totally out of his depth, I could go on. It's like Pearson just doesn't like us and is doing it on purpose. I can't defend him any more

Schluup did lose the ball leading to the goal but overall he had a decent game.

Morgan also had a decent game. Our defence did well against an incredible attack which had the ball for 69% of the game.

Interesting to note that even though they had the ball for 69% of the game we had the ball in their attacking 3rd for as long as they had it in ours!!!!

I thought Schwarzer pulled off some great saves - enough with the hate for him too.

Huth has transformed that back line - I know we won't have him for next year but he is the type of player we need.

Simpson although better than recently was still the weakest link.

Konch played pretty well.

James was good in midfield, Camby was his usual self,  class with several balls given away.

Mahrez apart from the shot that hit the post was among our poorest players.

Kramaric doesn't know what role he should be playing yet - I feel a little sorry for him.

Vardy caused problems wih his speed when he came on - just wish he had the finishing to go with it. Nuge was not as impressive as normal, Ulloa did what he always does - clearly a very good championship striker who is still in the process of taking the next step without the consistent time needed to do it.

Thought we created enough to take something yesterday, or at least score. Mahrez hit the post, Kramaric's free kick just went wide (literally thought it was in) and Nugent's attempt at the back post all spring to mind. But they all coincide with a change in set up though, after he made the substitutions. Thought Kramaric was unlucky coming off again as there's nothing more he can do playing up front. And I know Vardy doesn't have the quality but his work rate alone causes problems and scares your typical overpaid Manchester City defender.

We looked much better once we went two up front

We looked much better once we went two up front

Yes, exactly, that's my point. If we actually go at teams we look pretty decent. We can't keep playing with one isolated striker. Time to change, especially with Hull next.

Schluup did lose the ball leading to the goal but overall he had a decent game.

Morgan also had a decent game. Our defence did well against an incredible attack which had the ball for 69% of the game.

Interesting to note that even though they had the ball for 69% of the game we had the ball in their attacking 3rd for as long as they had it in ours!!!!

I thought Schwarzer pulled off some great saves - enough with the hate for him too.

Huth has transformed that back line - I know we won't have him for next year but he is the type of player we need.

Simpson although better than recently was still the weakest link.

Konch played pretty well.

James was good in midfield, Camby was his usual self,  class with several balls given away.

Mahrez apart from the shot that hit the post was among our poorest players.

Kramaric doesn't know what role he should be playing yet - I feel a little sorry for him.

Vardy caused problems wih his speed when he came on - just wish he had the finishing to go with it. Nuge was not as impressive as normal, Ulloa did what he always does - clearly a very good championship striker who is still in the process of taking the next step without the consistent time needed to do it.

Totally agree. Off the top of my head I remember the saves against Toure and Navas. There were more down the other end too and I think he was unlucky with the first goal because one of our players initially slid in.

Come off it, do we really think we can concede that much possession and not get beaten? We were beaten before we went out there with that ridiculous formation. Kramaric totally isolated, Jeff half asleep as he has been for weeks, Upson who is totally out of his depth, I could go on. It's like Pearson just doesn't like us and is doing it on purpose. I can't defend him any more

We soaked up their pressure very well. 

Thought Jeff did well apart from giving the ball up a couple of times (probably less times than Camby), he can't be blamed for the goal when there is a whole half of a pitch to cover and defenders galore to stop attacks. At that time he was playing in attack so right to be going forward. He played particularly well against Navas when he replaced Konch too.

Upson wasn't bad. I think that's his best game so far. He lacks pace but he plays well alongside Huth.

The squad is criminally short of what I would call matchday "nouse." While I can accept that Nige hadn't appreciated the extent of those fine details which turn matches in the Premier, I can't accept that he and the squad still doesn't have it, indeed he and they show no sign of getting it. So, back to Burnley (h), 2-1, and in the very final minute, James commits a completely unnecesary foul in shooting range. The opponent is running sideways out of danger - he just needs further shepherding that way. Schmeichel fails to set up the wall properly (or stands in the wrong place, discuss) - two points down the drain - all as a result of wrong, bad, naive decisions. We'd have gone into the international break in sixth, if we'd won that game and we should have won. 

In the Villa 1-0 (h) we're seeing out the game, Nugent mis-controls under no pressure at all, concedes possession forcing James to take out Clarke. One punch up later and we're without James for three matches.

Last night, we're about to go in at h/t 0-0 away to the champions. Schlupp needlessly loses possession high up the field (he has nothing to gain at this stage by risking possession) andf City break in behind him, eventually leading to a goal. 45 minutes of hard graft designed to frustrate the opposition goes to complete waste. It is this naivety that managers like Pulis and Pardew address, it isn't really a question of good player/bad player, just a question of recognising that every player has to understand the importance of making intelligent decisions, protecting possession and denying the opposition an opening at key moments of a game. In every match someone, Morgan, de Laet, Simpson, Konch, James, Schlupp, makes one of these catastrophic misjudgements. And Premier opposition take full advantage. 

Yeah lets play two up top and get mullered 5-0, out of the away games we have played the 5-4-1 has worked well, we played well with it at Everton and Arsenal, yes villa was dissapointing but until he changed it to 4-4-2 we were still in the game and last night it worked well it frustrated City and the fans were getting on their back and Upson isnt totally out of his depth

We soaked up their pressure very well.

Thought Jeff did well apart from giving the ball up a couple of times (probably less times than Camby), he can't be blamed for the goal when there is a whole half of a pitch to cover and defenders galore to stop attacks. At that time he was playing in attack so right to be going forward. He played particularly well against Navas when he replaced Konch too.

Upson wasn't bad. I think that's his best game so far. He lacks pace but he plays well alongside Huth.

Jeff was at fault for the second goal was my point - you've got to bust a gut to stop that cross coming over. He didn't.

You cannot expect to concede that much possession and not lose. We lost the game before it began with this line up he insists on playing. Feel really sorry for Kramaric too. So isolated.

Going down with a wimper

Yeah lets play two up top and get mullered 5-0, out of the away games we have played the 5-4-1 has worked well, we played well with it at Everton and Arsenal, yes villa was dissapointing but until he changed it to 4-4-2 we were still in the game and last night it worked well it frustrated City and the fans were getting on their back and Upson isnt totally out of his depth

Why would get beaten 5-0? Did it happen at Chelsea or at Liverpoool? 541 doesn't work well because the 1 is isolated. Poor Kramaric did all he could last night, with no support at all, chased after every ball but after 60 minutes he's substituted off. It needs to be two, especially in our position of needing to win. When we play with two and go at the opposition we look half decent, and with that came our best chances of the game. 

Is Dickov22 still banging the 2 up front drum. The 2 teams that are going down with us play 2 up front, we have played 2 up front for the majority of the season, so surely that proves it is not effective.

We are a counter attacking team, and again we created enough to get something out of the game on the counter.

Archived