Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Just going to point out that we have the 3rd worst away record in ALL of the football league... food for thought?

Teams at the bottom of a division usually do.

Pretty irrelevant though unless you're insinuating that the lower leagued teams could beat us.

Teams at the bottom of a division usually do.

Pretty irrelevant though unless you're insinuating that the lower leagued teams could beat us.

We'd probably struggle to beat anyone in our current form

That's bollocks!

I know, it wasn't a serious comment. I'm struggling to come to terms with just how bad we have been this season though. Only so much can get blamed on 'Bad luck' or 'Poor decisions'.

I don't think the 0-2 defeat stat, or the bottom of the table stat (both of which you're responding to here) are pointless.

Surely looking at an unbelievable run of defeats and saying that we should focus on how honourably we lost is, in more ways than one, pointless.

I'm looking at the Man City game in isolation and focusing on how honourably we lost because this is the 'Man City post match thread' not the 'look how awful our season has been' thread. I'm fully aware that we're on a terrible run but that doesn't take away from how well we played last night. I understand that our position and our form can cloud over the performance but I'm not really taking that into account in this thread.   

Is Dickov22 still banging the 2 up front drum. The 2 teams that are going down with us play 2 up front, we have played 2 up front for the majority of the season, so surely that proves it is not effective.

We are a counter attacking team, and again we created enough to get something out of the game on the counter.

No I'm not. For me we need two up top, or 5 in the middle so Kramaric has some bloody support it's so obvious. Can't see the point in 5 defenders.

We should have at least had 3 penalties. What I can't understand is how the ref allowed nearly 3 mins of time added on when the board said 1 min. It's not as if anyone was wasting any time. What a useless ref.

Luck doesn't come into it we are just crap. That's why we are bottom of the league.

Wrong. We are poor, and we deserve to be in the relegation zone, but it's simple - poor refereeing decisions like last night, like Morgan vs Liverpool sees us further adrift than we should be. We are poor, but bad luck has us adrift rather than in the fight. Until you understand that, don't bother replying.

Wrong. We are poor, and we deserve to be in the relegation zone, but it's simple - poor refereeing decisions like last night, like Morgan vs Liverpool sees us further adrift than we should be. We are poor, but bad luck has us adrift rather than in the fight. Until you understand that, don't bother replying.

Every team that gets relegated every year has hard luck stories. If we finish bottom it'll be because we're the worse team.

I've got a busy life mate wife, kids work etc so I like to bang in short sweet posts and straight to the point if that's OK? I haven't got all day to bash away on a keyboard.

Me neither, but at least I put in some effort instead of reverting to content-less one-liners which add little to nothing to the debate.

This; it's all he's done for the last few years. The difference last year was that luck was on our side. We got off to a good start, the players were confident and we didn't suffer from injury or suspension. He proved the year before, and again this season that when the going gets tough and he actually has to do some work, he just isn't up to it. No idea how to change things for the better, just hope for the best!

And yet another one of them re-writing the history books... yawn.

No I'm not. For me we need two up top, or 5 in the middle so Kramaric has some bloody support it's so obvious. Can't see the point in 5 defenders.

Since we've been playing a flat back 5 I believe we still haven't had a clean sheet. We look fairly secure defensively for most of the game, but then give away a goal with one or more awful individual errors. So how is that any different from what was happening before with 4 defenders? You can have as many defenders as you like, but as long as you include Konch, Morgan or Simpson among them then there is always likely to be a disastrous personal error just waiting to happen that will gift the opposition a goal.

In the meantime our star attacker's contribution is being blunted by the amount of unproductive running and lack of service & support. We are going down with a whimper.

Our squad is crying out for 3-5-2, with Huth, Upson and Was as the back 3, Schlupp and De Last as wing backs. We then have plenty of options to vary the central midfield and striker combinations, including a place in central midfield for Hammond, should the situation warrant it.

I'd love to see us really attack with intent in the remaining games.

And yet another one of them re-writing the history books... yawn.

But I'm not though am I? Last year was a great year, the season before was pretty good for half of it but then went tits up. And at no point during that awful run did we ever look like getting out of it. Pearson made odd changes back then, and persevered with badly out form players then too and the whole time it was like he was just hoping something would work and that one day we'd get a result.

That's exactly how it seems to me again now. Doing the same things over and over and just hoping the outcome will be different!

We should have at least had 3 penalties. What I can't understand is how the ref allowed nearly 3 mins of time added on when the board said 1 min. It's not as if anyone was wasting any time. What a useless ref.

Just watched the highlights and several things of note.

On the "more debatable" penalty claim, I read reports that Hart got a touch on the ball,  But the highlights show, without any shadow of a doubt, that Kramaric got a touch on the ball; Hart's dive missed the ball and took out Kramaric, so a definite pen.  Your comment is correct - 3 stone cold penalties denied.

Late on, Nugent missed an almost unmissable open goal.  Not having a go at him because he adds something to the team, but I can't credit how he manages to miss so many chances.

Contrary to the pessimistic view given by many, I was amazed how well we played going forward (admittedly only having viewed the highlights, so the positive moments didn't necessarily constitute a large percentage of the whole game).  Some brilliant inter=passing, chances created and some near misses - which can correctly be interpreted as poor finishing, pointing to the lack of prem class in our forwards -  but also hitting the post and being denied 3 pens.

You can't argue against a lack of luck.  Heartening that we could give a class defence such as Man City's so many uncomfortable moments.  Maybe there's hope for us yet.

Archived