Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Novelty wore off?  

I'd imagine its that, but also due to price, as NFL keeps increasing the tickets, and due to people having their own teams to support and just aren't interested in teams like the Colts and Commanders.

 

I went to a couple of the early games as a neutral, then the 2 49ers games, but probably won't go back until the Niners are back.

 

Although if we get our own team, I think you'd see season tickets snapped up, and very few spare seats.

 

image.png.e9af3093b98026bc7f75916f32f04c32.png

Posted

I think some of the attraction of going to see a gridiron football game is that culturally it feels very different from association football games, especially the college games. As much as I would enjoy going to the iron bowl or USC vs UCLA one time, the thought of paying through the nose to watch a very slow sport in an atmosphere-less stadium in a shit part of London on a grey October day doesn't fill me with excitement. 

  • Like 2
Posted
7 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Looks like the Chiefs are back.

Proud of the Raiders for taking them right to the wire. Another game of fine margins.

  • Like 3
Posted
15 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I'd imagine its that, but also due to price, as NFL keeps increasing the tickets, and due to people having their own teams to support and just aren't interested in teams like the Colts and Commanders.

 

I went to a couple of the early games as a neutral, then the 2 49ers games, but probably won't go back until the Niners are back.

 

Although if we get our own team, I think you'd see season tickets snapped up, and very few spare seats.

 

image.png.e9af3093b98026bc7f75916f32f04c32.png

Colts fan here! 😂

 

I've to London a few times over the last few years. I think cost is the biggest factor in the pricing and also cost of living.

The whole event is now scaled back and is just down to drinking in pubs. In the first few years they'd takeover regent Street with fan park and events and there not around anymore.

Posted (edited)

I read that due to poor slaes they were slashing prices but still couldn't sell out.  I'm sure if they made the prices more reasonable from the off they'd sell them, but not sure thats why they want games in London.

 

redzone was great yesterday.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I read that due to poor slaes they were slashing prices but still couldn't sell out.  I'm sure if they made the prices more reasonable from the off they'd sell them, but not sure thats why they want games in London.

 

redzone was great yesterday.

I stayed up far to late last night and watched the late window. 

 

Feel like Henson doesn't talk as much this year but might be imagining it

Posted
6 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Colts fan here! 😂

 

I've to London a few times over the last few years. I think cost is the biggest factor in the pricing and also cost of living.

The whole event is now scaled back and is just down to drinking in pubs. In the first few years they'd takeover regent Street with fan park and events and there not around anymore.

Shiny loud Americana doesn't really sell as well over here anymore 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...