Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Decent game so far.

I’m not feeling a turn around by the Pat’s this time though. Eagles defence much better than Atlanta’s - plus Atlanta are the leagues Spurs.

Just have to hope Foles stays as poised as he was 1st half, Pats defence is poor so needs to keep making them pay as I suspect they'll look to make him keep passing it.

Still can't believe Pedersons play call, balls of steel.

Edited by martyn

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Just have to hope Foles stays as poised as he was 1st half, Pats defence is poor so needs to keep making them pay as I suspect they'll look to make him keep passing it.

Still can't believe Pedersons play call, balls of steel.

Maybe - but it’s becoming more commonplace to go for it in that position on 4th down these days (having the opposition trying to get out of their own goal line with 30 seconds left isn’t the worst defensive position. 

And even the trick play - you don’t practice them if you’re not going to use them and in a tight goalline situation, that’s better than just trying to stuff the ball done the middle.

It was a beautifully drawn up play with all the deception mind. Given how the Pat’s defence lined up and played it perfectly for the Eagles, they clearly spotted that opportunity from the scouting report!