Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

I am not having the blame on Garrett there, they got the td and the lead with under 2 minutes to go. Can only lose by a TD, how about some blame for the d? Yes Rodgers is unbelievable but I'd rather get the points on the board than piss around with the clock and not score. 

I am not having the blame on Garrett there, they got the td and the lead with under 2 minutes to go. Can only lose by a TD, how about some blame for the d? Yes Rodgers is unbelievable but I'd rather get the points on the board than piss around with the clock and not score. 
You are 100% WRONG! Rodgers was abusing the Dallas D all game. You don't put the game in his hands if you don't have to.

Green Bay only had one time out to play with as well when Dak scored. From memory, the defence had a chance to stop Aaron Jones on the one run play then ran on that final drive and ended up missing the tackle and he got out of bounds. Make that tackle and keep the clock ticking. Not that I'm complaining! 4-1 for the season so far! 

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
6 hours ago, lildave3 said:

You are 100% WRONG! Rodgers was abusing the Dallas D all game. You don't put the game in his hands if you don't have to.

So you would rather lose by not scoring than lose by Rodgers torching you? I find that odd. 

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
17 minutes ago, lildave3 said:
So you would rather lose by not scoring than lose by Rodgers torching you? I find that odd. 

No. I would rather win by scoring and leaving Rodgers with 20s left and no timeouts.

And where is the guarantee that happens?

What a difference a week makes...Aaron Rogers super human effort last week led Green Bay to a great victory at Dallas.....

This evening a late hit against Minnesota Vikings sees him stretchered off with what is now confirmed as a season threatening broken collarbone ...Without him the Packers lacked passion and drive and lost the game...

Packers season has just ended, no chance without Rodgers.

Anyone think they will pick up Kaepernick?!

Kaepernick has just filed a grievance against the NFL owners for collusion (for deliberately blackballing him and keeping him out of the NFL). This could go one of two ways. Either it finishes his career for good, or a QB needy team (like the Packers) gives him a job in order to get him to drop the grievance.

Sad to hear Kevin Cadle his died. 

Packers need a recognised QB, their run game isn't good enough, they're so heavily reliant on Rodgers being on the money. Kaepernick would go well there I think. 

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Packers season has just ended, no chance without Rodgers.

Anyone think they will pick up Kaepernick?!

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Kaepernick has just filed a grievance against the NFL owners for collusion (for deliberately blackballing him and keeping him out of the NFL). This could go one of two ways. Either it finishes his career for good, or a QB needy team (like the Packers) gives him a job in order to get him to drop the grievance.

I wonder if we'll make a move for Romo. Decent QB, good experience, intelligent enough to learn the play book quickly (we have a bye in 2 weeks)..... only issue is that how would his back stand up as our O-line isn't exactly solid so he would take hits. 

Brett Hundley will be in for sure next week and then depending on how he performs will determine what moves are made in that bye week I think. Rodgers and the coaches feel Hundley has a lot to offer and unfair to judge him on last nights game. He made some mistakes but also made some good throws in a difficult game as heads naturally dropped knowing that Rodgers was out injured. Didn't Rodgers get his chance initially due to an injury to Favre and struggled to get going initially? 

I wonder if we'll make a move for Romo. Decent QB, good experience, intelligent enough to learn the play book quickly (we have a bye in 2 weeks)..... only issue is that how would his back stand up as our O-line isn't exactly solid so he would take hits. 

Brett Hundley will be in for sure next week and then depending on how he performs will determine what moves are made in that bye week I think. Rodgers and the coaches feel Hundley has a lot to offer and unfair to judge him on last nights game. He made some mistakes but also made some good throws in a difficult game as heads naturally dropped knowing that Rodgers was out injured. Didn't Rodgers get his chance initially due to an injury to Favre and struggled to get going initially? 

As a Cowboys fan I can assure you Romo is finished. The first serious hit he takes will be the end of him. Besides, he looks like he's enjoying himself up in the commentary booth (as is his bank manager). I'm afraid you're just going to have to face facts, unless Rodgers makes a miraculously speedy recovery, your season went down the toilet yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 11:18, The Bear said:

I have a spare ticket for the Vikings v Browns game on Sunday if anyone is interested. Middle tier and right near the 50 yard line. They're great seats. Available at face value - £90

In related news, the Browns bog roll sold out three weeks ago, all others shown below still available.

(signed, former Browns STH)

Browns tp.JPG

On 15/10/2017 at 23:10, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Eagles are coming dangerously close to making my decision to attach myself to them 12 years ago seem justified.

They'll break your heart..but if Wentz can keep fit..

I've clocked up nearly 30 years thanks to Randall Cunningham, Reggie White, Buddy Ryan and Co. back in 88.

• Like 1