Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

I was there in the 70s too - a teenager in the Bloomfield era. Today's game is worlds away from the past and I'm just disappointed that this season has been a massive missed opportunity to survive and then build next season. Sorry NPs supportes, but I think it's his fault. I'm scared we'll get stuck in the C'ship and the owners will sell up- Fulham and Cardiff have surprised me this year, and Wigan and Bolton just seemed to be drifting.

I wonder if the owners are rueing their decision not to invest too heavily on the team yet.

I am sure that they will if we get relegated.

Running scared of the elite UEFA Champions League inspired Financial Fair Play monopoly crap.

I have been watching City for over 50 years, probably pushing 1000 games.

If we go down, we go down, so what. Whatever division we are in, I will support my team. It's not all about winning, although this generation of supporter can't take a bit of disappointment and pain. And don't go on about 2005 - 2012, the 1980's was a lot worse, crap crowds and basically a crap team (apart from the odd highlight) Anyone at Harlow away will know how bad the team was in those days.

What gets me is that so many posters and so called fans seem to want us to down, will actually delight in our relegation so they can say they were right.

I still believe we can stay up while the maths is on our side; those people on here who choose to insult me like me for our optimism and hipe are no fans of Leicester City F C. I was at Spurs last week, when those around me were singing "Pearson Pearson sort in out, Pearson sort in out" As usual I was singing "Come on Leicester. Come on Leicester", turned around to some 20 year old singing "Pearson sort in out" and got abuse for my positive support.

I am in my 60's and IMO Leicester City don't need all these negative supporters. If you don't think or want City to stay up, clear off and follow another team. YOU ARE NOT WANTED.

Not wanted by who ? is it you ? and what gives you the right to tell fans to clear off, its people like you who accept this dross from the manager, that allows it to go on. People like you should try something non competitive like the theatre for you entertainment. Footballs is about winning, not lilly arsed "men" applauding failure, footballs aggressive,  testosterone driven  game that winning is everything, we all appreciate at team that fights to the end even if they are not good enough, but they fought, we are not.  We defend a 0-0 we crowd our defence against teams who don't score, we attack only when we are 2 down. By the way, l was at Harlow, and many others disasters, like Exeter.

I have been watching City for over 50 years, probably pushing 1000 games.

If we go down, we go down, so what. Whatever division we are in, I will support my team. It's not all about winning, although this generation of supporter can't take a bit of disappointment and pain. And don't go on about 2005 - 2012, the 1980's was a lot worse, crap crowds and basically a crap team (apart from the odd highlight) Anyone at Harlow away will know how bad the team was in those days.

What gets me is that so many posters and so called fans seem to want us to down, will actually delight in our relegation so they can say they were right.

I still believe we can stay up while the maths is on our side; those people on here who choose to insult me like me for our optimism and hipe are no fans of Leicester City F C. I was at Spurs last week, when those around me were singing "Pearson Pearson sort in out, Pearson sort in out" As usual I was singing "Come on Leicester. Come on Leicester", turned around to some 20 year old singing "Pearson sort in out" and got abuse for my positive support.

I am in my 60's and IMO Leicester City don't need all these negative supporters. If you don't think or want City to stay up, clear off and follow another team. YOU ARE NOT WANTED.

Well said!

Before anyone asks I'm 56 and have seen all this before too many times......but the scenario that may make this happen is that three home games coming up are against teams that may already have their deckchairs out on the beach? West Ham, Newcastle , and Swansea. I know we have no reason on form to suggest we could win 4 or 5 more games but the edge to our game should be there whilst some of the oppositions may not quite be.

Well I'm still surprised there are people who believe in miracles, cos that is what it is gonna take, I prefer the realist approach. We have not been good enough all season, that is the top and bottom of it. Having said that I will still be there next season when were back in the championship, for me it comes down to, better to be top of the 2nd tier, than bottom of the top tier, the money might be good but I prefer to see my team win a few games, simple as that!!!!

Well I'm still surprised there are people who believe in miracles, cos that is what it is gonna take, I prefer the realist approach. We have not been good enough all season, that is the top and bottom of it. Having said that I will still be there next season when were back in the championship, for me it comes down to, better to be top of the 2nd tier, than bottom of the top tier, the money might be good but I prefer to see my team win a few games, simple as that!!!!

Miracle no just a turn in form like Palace or WBA have had in the last 10 games.

I would just rather have a half full glass than a half empty one.

Miracle no just a turn in form like Palace or WBA have had in the last 10 games.

I would just rather have a half full glass than a half empty one.

Palace or wba???..Clubs who had the balls to change managers when the present ones weren't working well

Should never give up hoping and believing until the very moment that the task becomes mathematically impossible....

Those who have thrown the towel in already should google 'Lincoln City 1957-58'.....that shows what can/could happen, however unlikely!

Yeah exactly... You've had to go back over half a century to get what Could happen...not what will!!!

Palace or wba???..Clubs who had the balls to change managers when the present ones weren't working well

It matters not who the manager is it could be Selwyn Frogget.

All that matters is our form between now and the end of the season.

FFS I really do wonder sometimes how many on here are really fans.

It really does seem like most want us to go down.

Yeah I'm not really a fan and want us to go down... I enjoy the Championship SO much I've had a ST for 20+ years...not a true fan like those who think we will do the impossible!!!

I don't want us to go down, I would just like a feel good factor around the club/fans, something to cheer about, and not getting beat every week.

I just want a team and manager that can make me feel like we could win a game.

The Spurs game was encouraging, but letting in two soft goals, it's always up hill from there, but we have been there before, just feel like our hopes get raised with a better performance, then probably a shite one against West Ham.

Been the same all season, the team we have a chance against, we seem to bottle it.

The frustrating bit is, in my opinion, the lower end teams are more than beatable, and if organised right, this squad could do so much better.

What makes you think we will be top of the 2nd tier?

What makes you think we will be top of the 2nd tier?

He's trying to think positive...Jeees can't we have SOME positivity on FT!!! lol!!! Foxes never quit keep the faith in it together!!

Yeah I'm not really a fan and want us to go down... I enjoy the Championship SO much I've had a ST for 20+ years...not a true fan like those who think we will do the impossible!!!

Fine but why shoot down someone showing a bit of faith and hope.

You may feel we are down some do not and it is still possible.

I don't want us to go down, I would just like a feel good factor around the club/fans, something to cheer about, and not getting beat every week.

I just want a team and manager that can make me feel like we could win a game.

The Spurs game was encouraging, but letting in two soft goals, it's always up hill from there, but we have been there before, just feel like our hopes get raised with a better performance, then probably a shite one against West Ham.

Been the same all season, the team we have a chance against, we seem to bottle it.

The frustrating bit is, in my opinion, the lower end teams are more than beatable, and if organised right, this squad could do so much better.

Not really saying anyone want's us to.

Just why are people showing a little hope being shot at.

Cos like I said before I'm fed up of going to games full of hope and optimism and for that to be ruined by 4.50...and then go through it all again!!!...Its not the failure its the bloody hope thats killing me!!!! lol.

I'd love us yo stay up,honestly I couldn't give a fook if we deserve it or not!!!

BUT for my own mental state I'd rather think its over already and enjoy the euphoria if we do stay up.

Well done to all of you for the positivity..and I mean that.

Logic and common sense will dictate that it isn't possible. But that's boring

What's football without hope? If we don't believe with 9 games to go, we might as well give up when it gets tough. The number of times it goes against the script in football is incredible. Will it happen again? I don't know. But there's nothing wrong with being optimistic. Yes the likelihood is that we won't do it, but what's that negativety going to do now. When it happens we can all moan, but until then enjoy the experience and hopefully a miracle will happen

Logic and common sense will dictate that it isn't possible. But that's boring

What's football without hope? If we don't believe with 9 games to go, we might as well give up when it gets tough. The number of times it goes against the script in football is incredible. Will it happen again? I don't know. But there's nothing wrong with being optimistic. Yes the likelihood is that we won't do it, but what's that negativety going to do now. When it happens we can all moan, but until then enjoy the experience and hopefully a miracle will happen

Hope is all we have left, would be a great end to the season, if we manage it, it make one of the worst season, into one of the best.

We live in hope

Archived