Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

Well I'm still surprised there are people who believe in miracles, cos that is what it is gonna take, I prefer the realist approach. We have not been good enough all season, that is the top and bottom of it. Having said that I will still be there next season when were back in the championship, for me it comes down to, better to be top of the 2nd tier, than bottom of the top tier, the money might be good but I prefer to see my team win a few games, simple as that!!!!

Chasing promotion in the championship vs battling against relegation in the premier league is an argument I dont understand.

I work in Norwich and most of their fans said last season 'At least if we go down we will win more games'. Now they are 7 games off promotion they are all dreaming of playing Chelsea, Man City etc. Do you think they would take failing in the playoffs just to ensure they win 20 games next year? I doubt it.

That night in Cardiff and that afternoon in Watford hurt me more than any of this season has. I'd take the 2-2 draw against Everton this season against any home win the championship, Derby or Forest aside.

Maybe if we go down and we are lucky enough to be in the top 6 with a handful of games to go next season some of our fans will be saying 'It doesn't matter if we go up'....I doubt it.

You're the wum, not him

I went to Harlow and Exeter, I was there during Bloomfield, McLintock, Pleat, Taylor, Adams etc.

The Boy Jones is talking bollocks, we most certainly weren't more positive as fans in that we didn't blindly support the manager. We were more positive in wanting better for our club and roundly booed managers who we felt should be removed.

I don't care whether you are are pro NFP or want him out, I don't care whether you have been going 50 years or are a 'plastic', I want as many going week in, week out as possible. Especially next season when FFP hits us again.

Can't stand fans or managers who tell others not to bother turning up.

Some of the abuse Boy Jones has got here is pretty ridiculous. How dare he suggest supporters support their team. It's a lot more fun than being a moaning self-righteous "I were right all along about Pearson, even when we were smashing teams for fun under him, and I have to let you know about how right I was all along every five seconds" type in any case.

For those of you who are 'realists' did any of you expect anything other than a relegation battle? The three teams that come up are the ones that are most likely to go back down. So then for you this should be what you expected, albeit we may have put up more of a fight. I was and still am an optimist. Given what happened last season, I believed and still believe this squad is capable of staying up. Yes it will take something special now, but last season was something special and people are quick to forget that and knock us right out. Palace ten games or so ago were not too far from where we were and they've gone mid table now. I don't believe these players haven't got the quality to make the step up to this level for the most part. The top teams will always beat us, but the other 13 or so we have a good chance against.

For those of you who are 'realists' did any of you expect anything other than a relegation battle? The three teams that come up are the ones that are most likely to go back down. So then for you this should be what you expected, albeit we may have put up more of a fight. I was and still am an optimist. Given what happened last season, I believed and still believe this squad is capable of staying up. Yes it will take something special now, but last season was something special and people are quick to forget that and knock us right out. Palace ten games or so ago were not too far from where we were and they've gone mid table now. I don't believe these players haven't got the quality to make the step up to this level for the most part. The top teams will always beat us, but the other 13 or so we have a good chance against.

This, the season was always going to be one of struggle

Of the three that came up we are currently the poorest in terms of points, I certainly didn't expect that.

No other team getting promoted with more than 100 points has ever been relegated so no, we probably shouldn't have expected to struggle let alone be bottom at this stage of the season.

This, the season was always going to be one of struggle

See above

As a realist, I expected a struggle, but as I posted earlier, with the right management, I would expect this squad, which admittedly isn't the greatest in quality, but even so, to do a lot better.

We can see pearson's failings, but the quality of teams at the lower end, is not that great, so let's hope lesson have been learnt and we can get things right in the run in

I expected us to be around 16th-12th. Think I said 14th this was based last season's team performances of both the team and the management and the improvement from the previous season.

We really needed a bit extra quality in the summer which we never got, a player with the bit extra than can help turn the odd defeat into a draw and a draw into a win.

Pearson's performance as a manager must be called into question, even if his role at the club isn't

His inability to compete in midfield, not just once or twice but throughout a whole season, has seen our defence under unnecessary extra pressure and our forwards not receive as consistent support as they might

Quite what the man has against 5 in the middle in whatever formation 451/4231/352 is bizarre. Can't think of a bigger mystery to all of mankind than Pearson's inability to grasp this.

Last season, key partnerships helped the team perform to a level that was perhaps great than the sum of its parts, but the inclusion of some new signings, Cambiasso in particular, has weakened these partnerships and the team's performance overall has suffered as a result.

Anyway, hopefully everyone (especially Pearson) gives a good account of themselves between now and the end of the season and we have something to play for on the final day

Seems to have been a lot more negativity(people will say realism- But I dont) creeping in on this topic since I started it last week. Please leave the personal arguments to other topics as this was more a post for people that actually think we have a fighting chance and fans that want to get behind the lads and the Manager. Stick with the lads on Saturday and if the result goes our way I guarantee there will be NEW hope in every single fan. BELIEVE

Seems to have been a lot more negativity(people will say realism- But I dont) creeping in on this topic since I started it last week. Please leave the personal arguments to other topics as this was more a post for people that actually think we have a fighting chance and fans that want to get behind the lads and the Manager. Stick with the lads on Saturday and if the result goes our way I guarantee there will be NEW hope in every single fan. BELIEVE

What were you expecting?

Some kind of evangelical 'YES WE ALL BELIEVE'?

Sorry Brian

As a realist, I expected a struggle, but as I posted earlier, with the right management, I would expect this squad, which admittedly isn't the greatest in quality, but even so, to do a lot better.

We can see pearson's failings, but the quality of teams at the lower end, is not that great, so let's hope lesson have been learnt and we can get things right in the run in

This for me, is the big question.

Given our squad, could another manager have gotten better out of them?

I don't think its a quality squad personally. If Cambiasso IS our best player, it shows how weak we are. IMO.

BUT, I also think it's a squad that could have done better than it has done.

And thats mainly why I'd have changed Pearson. Given what he's got hes not, to date, got the best out of them.

What did I say.... There's 1 win!! Come on!! BELIEVE!! WE CAN STAY UP!!!

1 win, we just need to back it up with another and another.

We need to win the majority of the games left, so it was just one win, 5 all season.

Stranger thinks have happened, but 1 win hasn't convinced me.

Some of the posts in this thread make me feel genuinely asHamed to think I share the same air as these cants. How can you shoot your fellow supporters down for daring to believe we could stay up. Calling people deluded and retarded for sticking by the man that got us the chance in this ****ing league in the first place.

Being patronised by all the wannabe football managers telling us the blatantly facking obvious like it's a result business. Well it's also a sport first and foremost. If we go down, then amen. If we stay up all these prats will take part in the celebrations and will all spout the same drivel next season soon as we hit a bump in the road. What did they learn after the Watford debacle? Absolutely ****1ng nothing

Im still thinking like I have said nearly all season that our first season back in the premier league will be a right a real baptism of fire so I thought we would finish no lower than 17th!

Yeah so we've been bottom for months we were treated to some great results at the beginning of the season and who would have thought that after going 1-3 down to Manchester Utd we would have well and truly beaten them 5-3 OMFG I didn't when their third went in I thought here we go a right pasting but that didn't happen and it hasn't happened all season yes we've lost a few but never well and truly beaten and then it went tits up after Burnleys late equaliser and our so called luck disappeared !

This league is definitely a right Fooker of a league the officials are crap to such an extent that the media have questioned the FA and premier league on the quality of these so called referees, but it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride of emotions from drawing against some of the top clubs in this country to Pearson being sacked for five min or so but I still believe we will finish no lower than 17th this season and can we but dream about going unbeaten now for our last seven games..????????

Who knows its in our hands so let's hope Pearson can get things right for the remainder of this season and continue to stay in this league a bit longer and let's just surprise a few doubters and FINISH OUR GREAT ESCAPE !

Some of the posts in this thread make me feel genuinely asHamed to think I share the same air as these cants. How can you shoot your fellow supporters down for daring to believe we could stay up. Calling people deluded and retarded for sticking by the man that got us the chance in this ****ing league in the first place.

Being patronised by all the wannabe football managers telling us the blatantly facking obvious like it's a result business. Well it's also a sport first and foremost. If we go down, then amen. If we stay up all these prats will take part in the celebrations and will all spout the same drivel next season soon as we hit a bump in the road. What did they learn after the Watford debacle? Absolutely ****1ng nothing

Not funny how some of us have been abused for daring to think we could do it.

But like the start of last season NP and certain players got slagged in the Boro match thread before we even kicked off.

Again yesterday as soon as we were 1-0 some started why can they not wait till we are well and truly beaten.

How stupid do they look when we turn it round over reaction on here is ridiculous.

I spent quite a while looking back to find a poster named Hamed to see why you felt as Hamed did, before I realised the real nature of the typo there.

I am shocked at how people were quick to write us off before January. We have now about caught up with two wins. That's not exactly a miracle. But we have done well to catch up, and now we need to seize the opportunity. We have not been this close to the chasing pack for a long time, and it looks as though we are peaking at the right time. 

I love the psychology of some people. When we lose everything seems wrong. The manager, the players, the tactics. People were criticizing the 5-2-3 and the same system turned the game round in our favour against West Brom. The reality is that in the last 2/3 matches we have taken more of our chances and defended a lot better albeit the defending at particular moments can be shocking. If you ask me about the last two games, I think we have played better in other games, but we haven't made our chances count. And that's the reason for optimism. We can and have proven we can play better.

BUT there is a certain resilience that has been shown in the last two games, that is for sure. We keep going, keep attacking. What was good about us at the start of the season, and even last season was we look really good in attack, and not so good in defence. That has not changed, We still are a far better attacking team. So we need to play to our strengths and go attacking from now on, not because we need wins, but because it's what we are best at. 

I am shocked at how people were quick to write us off before January. We have now about caught up with two wins. That's not exactly a miracle. But we have done well to catch up, and now we need to seize the opportunity. We have not been this close to the chasing pack for a long time, and it looks as though we are peaking at the right time.

I love the psychology of some people. When we lose everything seems wrong. The manager, the players, the tactics. People were criticizing the 5-2-3 and the same system turned the game round in our favour against West Brom. The reality is that in the last 2/3 matches we have taken more of our chances and defended a lot better albeit the defending at particular moments can be shocking. If you ask me about the last two games, I think we have played better in other games, but we haven't made our chances count. And that's the reason for optimism. We can and have proven we can play better.

BUT there is a certain resilience that has been shown in the last two games, that is for sure. We keep going, keep attacking. What was good about us at the start of the season, and even last season was we look really good in attack, and not so good in defence. That has not changed, We still are a far better attacking team. So we need to play to our strengths and go attacking from now on, not because we need wins, but because it's what we are best at.

You are shocked people had written us off in January, look at the results till January and since January.

Nothing stands out, or gave any impression that we could stay up, for long periods it looked like we wouldn't win a game, especially after the shockers against teams like hull.

Most other seasons we could, or would have been gone, but we are very lucky that there are 5 teams that are finding as hard as us.

It looks like it could be a low points tally to stay up, but after two wins its a little to early to be confident yet, some positive signs, but a long way to go, especially how our results have been.

Pearson has changed his mentality, from the cautious one that produced no results, to playing to the players we have strengths, and playing positive attacking football, which those critical have pleaded for him to do during the barren run.

Their are no guarantees that we will beat burnley, qpr, or Sunderland, but like I say, we seem to be getting a bit of confidence, but we still looked suspect against two sides out of form.

So before we get to carried away, let's live in hope, and see where this upturn in confidence takes us.

Archived