Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

Would not say I was certain we would do it but would not give up or accept we were down.

If we needed 5 wins from 7 and 4 clubs to lose every game then yes.

But having to play others at the bottom we only need them two results to put us back in it.

Look at the WBA match thread 10 mins in most were turning on the side and giving up.

It's a fvcking good job the players never gave up.

If we was 4 or 5 down at HT I could see the point but 1 down with 80 mins left lol lol lol as I said over reaction.

Never see the match threads mate, but first half the crowd was moaning a bit, we were not good, as pearson himself agreed, but we kept singing and backing the lads, and west brom let us back in, with defending of our standard lol.

I do get your point, there is massive over reactions at times, on both sides of the fence, positive and negative.

You never know, if we can get the right results, harmony may reign on foxes talk again, and all will be happy lol

Nahhhhhh just beg forgiveness lol lol lol

Good job I've not posted owt about Pearson out or never going to a game again or anything as drastic,I reckon some would want my bloomin head!!!

You never know, if we can get the right results, harmony may reign on foxes talk again, and all will be happy lol

Even if we stay up,get into Europe next season,win the champions league after that people will still argue on here...its the foxestalk way!!!!

Never see the match threads mate, but first half the crowd was moaning a bit, we were not good, as pearson himself agreed, but we kept singing and backing the lads, and west brom let us back in, with defending of our standard lol.

I do get your point, there is massive over reactions at times, on both sides of the fence, positive and negative.

Well praps you should take a look at the match thread some time.

From about 8 mins to 20 should be enough.  :(  :(

People said they believed it was over, due to winning 4 games all season, struggled to get results against any team, including those around us, but of course until it's mathematically over, of course it's not over.

Could you hand on heart say you could see us winning two in a row, or 3 or 4 we are going to need, would be easy to say yes now.

We are very fortunate that other teams around us haven't gone on a decent run, or we would have been ****ed, but can we get enough now till the end of the season, or is it to little to late, as a city fan, I hope we can do it.

We have been not good enough the majority of the season, and still look suspect, the difference is we are finally having a go, not like before the Spurs game, that's all we asked for, and now the last two games it's paid off.

Have to admit before West Ham I knew it would be extremely difficult, but it was still in our hands and that was the encouraging thing if anything. I did say on another thread that I thought we would get 4 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss from the last 9, and people shot we down like I was saying something outrageous. Maybe I did say that in optimism, but I had genuine belief we could do it and I am a little surprised we have already caught up with Burnley and QPR with 7 games to go. 

I think we have been having a go from Arsenal away personally, we have lined up with an attacking emphasis. I don't begrudge anyone for thinking we were down before the West Ham game because it was going to take a huge effort, although I believed we could do it. That was the common sense answer if you like, based on form and how big the deficit was then. 

Can't help but be amused by some people. The people who "knew" we were down a couple of weeks ago. It's quite funny reading through posts claiming that relegation was certain from the position we're in now. The childish contempt for the realists who pointed out that it wasn't an impossible task just makes it better.

Anyone who "knew" we were down was a moron.

Just like anyone who claims to "know" we will still be relegated or "knows" we will stay up.

The evidence I have seen is that we are certainly no worse than at least half a dozen teams in this division. Our team isn't like the Brian Little team in the Premiership who outside Mark Draper had no creative quality and relied on hard working cloggers.

The sides at the bottom can barely get a win either, even when we picked up two points in eight games recently our competitors went nowhere.

We knew our run in was favourable and we just needed to find some wins, escaping was never beyond us even after our lowest ebb after drawing with Hull. I'd still be saying the same thing now even if we lost our last two games.

But didn't you criticize others for being optimistic?

There's a post where I literally gave a heart felt well done to those who could feel any positivity out of the situation we were in and who were still optimistic.

I'll find it if your that bothered but I've made enough points in here to the optimists,about why I felt it was dead at the time

People said they believed it was over, due to winning 4 games all season, struggled to get results against any team, including those around us, but of course until it's mathematically over, of course it's not over.

Could you hand on heart say you could see us winning two in a row, or 3 or 4 we are going to need, would be easy to say yes now.

We are very fortunate that other teams around us haven't gone on a decent run, or we would have been ****ed, but can we get enough now till the end of the season, or is it to little to late, as a city fan, I hope we can do it.

We have been not good enough the majority of the season, and still look suspect, the difference is we are finally having a go, not like before the Spurs game, that's all we asked for, and now the last two games it's paid off.

Great post Monsey totally agree

• 4 weeks later...

Nah.

Drinkwater can pass a ball fine. We saw it last season. And King is the best passer of the ball at the club IMO

Cambiasso ain't working. I can see it.

The midfield needs sorting out.

Just my opinion bud.

Im glad we have better sight than you

Ever since I started this post before the West Ham game we have won 6 in 7.... Its amazing what a little positivity can do! I think a lot of you who called me 'delusional' on here want to be eating your words!

WE ARE STAYING UP!! :scarf:

Do the same for next season, we were dead and buried, where has this form has come from, it's title winning form lol

Pre West Ham nobody could have predicted this run of results, if they say they did, I would say they are liars, the results have been beyond our wildest dreams.

I did think we could stay up before the West Ham game, but I thought we would get to around 35 points with the fixtures we had left. To get to 37 points with two games left, is something I could never have imagined or predicted. It has been an amazing effort so far, and hopefully we can finish the job off and stay up. We have played well the majority of the season, but recently the confidence and momentum we have gained is giving us an edge and we don't look like losing a game. 

Archived