Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worksopfox

Yann Kermorgant

I rate Kermorgant. The guy is just feeling the pressure of no goals, it don't help that people give him shit. The guy is quality in training, he ain't useless.

Have you actually seen him train then or are you just basing that on here-say?

Have you actually seen him train then or are you just basing that on here-say?

More on what the staff say about him. They could be lying, I suppose, and training is not as hardcore as match games. He could be shit, I guess, but I have belief in him.

This guy scored 13 goals in 66 appearances for a second tier french club.

That's one goal every 5 games.

The bloke is hardly going to go and score week in week out in a championship side when restricted to substitute and the odd appearance once every few months.

Of course it would help if NP went for it and played two strikers against teams and exploit poor defences and teams in the lower half, instead of sitting back and hoping for something other than a loss.

Threads shouldn't be about individual players and their weaknesses but the way in which they are utilised. That falls on NPs shoulders but considering our league position not many on here will criticise him and his management. However, when push comes to shove, we found ourselves with 10 games to go in a fantastic league position, but our unwillingness to go for it, and sit back and invite opposition may well backfire before the seasons out.

Maybe people ought to look elsewhere when it comes to criticising the team.

Why we ever gave him a 3 year contract I think it was I dont know. He does nothing at all.

He wins the odd header and thats it. For me Howward offers far more, least you always get the opinion Howard tries his hardest, compared to Yann who never even moves.

Wouldnt be upset if we let him go back to France as I cant even remember him coming near to scoring.

Why we ever gave him a 3 year contract I think it was I dont know. He does nothing at all.

We offered him a contract till the end of the season but he turned it down, typical Leicester to give in and offer out a 3 year contract to another no hoper. We're stuck with Neilson for 3 years too unless we can pay someone to take him off our hands. :frusty:

We offered him a contract till the end of the season but he turned it down, typical Leicester to give in and offer out a 3 year contract to another no hoper. We're stuck with Neilson for 3 years too unless we can pay someone to take him off our hands. :frusty:

Once Kermorgant gets his first goal, he is going to erupt into a goal machine. The only problem is, it'll take him 3 years to get it! :giggle:

Lets not forget in 2 full seasons at the club consistently starting in the first team Fryatt scored just 5 goals.

Kermo hasn't been here very long, has barely started any games, look how Fryatt has ended up.

You can't expect the guy to suddenly start playing brilliant when he's only given 15 minutes here or there if that, and a start every month.

I don't think many on this forum were saying Fryatt was shit back then when that poor goal return slowly mounted up.

Give the guy a decent chance ffs, he still has 2 years on his deal after this season and could turn out like Fryatt has recently.

Fryatt got those 5 goals in 62 appearances, mainly starts, and long runs in the side in the starting line up.

Kermo has scored 0 in 18 appearences so far, mainly 10 minutes off the bench, and some of the games done and dusted when he came on, i'm confident he will beat Fryatts woeful goal return given the chance and then go on from there, Fryatt did it.

I have a completely different opinion to the majority of you.

I think it's clear to see the guy has bags of potential, and at times he is as effective as Howard whilst looking more creative and having a better touch on the ball.

However, I don't think he suits the current system we're playing. He would be more effective with the likes of Waghorn up along side him to feed off the little touches and flicks. Much like Howard and Fryatt last season.

The 3 year contract could have been offered because Pearson saw the amount of potential he has. If he develops he could turn into a prize asset and you'll all be eating your words!

I have a completely different opinion to the majority of you.

I think it's clear to see the guy has bags of potential, and at times he is as effective as Howard whilst looking more creative and having a better touch on the ball.

However, I don't think he suits the current system we're playing. He would be more effective with the likes of Waghorn up along side him to feed off the little touches and flicks. Much like Howard and Fryatt last season.

The 3 year contract could have been offered because Pearson saw the amount of potential he has. If he develops he could turn into a prize asset and you'll all be eating your words!

He was upfront with Waghorn yesterday and won the odd header which just went no where.

How can you play a striker who doesn't score? .. He's crap. He was on a free for a reason. :dunno:

Exactly. Free for a reason the key term. The guy just doesn't seem to be able to make an impact at this level, end of story. He shouldn't be slagged off like McGivern because he's far from hopeless, but on the flipside I find it difficult to see what he adds to the team and why some people still hold out hope for the guy. His scoring record in France was mediocre, and that's probably being kind. I don't see where he's going to find a massive improvement from over the years, he's not a great age for improving for starters. Thanks for the efforts Yann but it hasn't worked, and I'd be surprised if come the end of the season both the player and the club don't go their separate ways.

For me, the jury is still very much out on kermit.

To be fair to him though, has he ever really played up top as a striker, when he`s played for us.

He always seems to be played in more of an advanced midfied roll, behind the striker, which possibly isn`t the position he would prefer, but is doing as he is told.

Oakley has played far more games in that roll this season, and is going to be far more experienced playing that roll,and is yet to score a goal either, so maybe to single out kermit for criticism, is a tad harsh at the moment.

Oakley has played far more games in that roll this season, and is going to be far more experienced playing that roll,and is yet to score a goal either, so maybe to single out kermit for criticism, is a tad harsh at the moment.

Oakley gets just as much, if not far more, criticism than Yann Kermorgant.

If you want to talk stats, Kermorgant has only played a full 90 minutes this season twice so far - the 1-1 draw with S****horpe and Cardiff in the FA Cup.

When you add up the time he's spent on the pitch, from starts and many substitute appearances (approximately 762 minutes) that only works out at roughly 8 and a half full games.

So, it's not as bad as people are claiming. Personally, I think he has a lot of potential but is just struggling under the pressure.

He was upfront with Waghorn yesterday and won the odd header which just went no where.

Or is that more down the strike partner not reading the pass?!?

He's got good technique but looks a little slow for English football. Does have the look of a failure now but I wouldn't rule him out until he has a full pre-season. Looks a little of a loner and doesn't get along with the current squad.

I think it's fair to say that NPs' record in bringing in new players is terrific, but IMO Kermo, Neilson & McGiven are all cock-ups. However, even Martin O'God dropped the odd clanger in the transfer market.

NP & his coaching staff obviously see something in Kermo that we fans can't see. I would love him to get a goal in his next appearance & hopefully provide the fillip he needs.

NP is still The New Messiah IMO.

:scarf: As it was me who started this thread, I thought I would just add the fact that there is no criticsm intended on Kemorgrant.

It's the fact that whenever he plays, he looks lost!

This is due to either our system or what the manager is asking of him!!

He can head the ball, and does win a tackle, unfortunately he always ends up wide or deep in midfield!

If we are going to play him and we do need to play a target man, as the goal kicks to Gallagher on the right just don't work, well

then let him play down the middle.

Then the wide men need to put a few crosses in!! :scarf:

Archived