Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Madrid_Fox

Annoyed letter to F.A

This is a copy of a letter I have sent to David Bernstein (Chairman of the F.A) and Alan Poulain (Chairman of the referees' association). What good will it do? Probably nothing. However, out of sheer frustration, here it is.

"I feel compelled to write to you today regarding the actions of referee John Moss and the way he officiated the game between Nottingham Forest and Leicester City on Saturday, 20th August 2011 at the city ground.

I understand that referee’s play a great role in the game we all love. In addition, referee’s have a particularly tough job. However, on this particular occasion, I feel utterly dismayed that Mr Moss could make such a poor decision.

The incident in question is the decision to award Nottingham Forest a penalty kick for handball by Leicester City’s captain Matt Mills. Matt Mills was on the ground when the ball struck his arm. Matt Mills was not even facing the ball when it struck his arm and I am horrified that this can be deemed to be ’deliberate’. I would like to know what reasoning that Mr Moss used to justify this conclusion.

My second query regarding this particular game is whether Mr Moss had administered the first yellow card to Leicester City’s goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel in the correct manner. Mr Moss is yet to publicly refute Kasper Schmeichel’s claim that he was unaware that he had been yellow carded.

I would be most grateful if you could provide me with a copy of Mr Moss’s match report.

It is with great sadness that I have felt compelled to write to you today. However, every professional in the world is accountable for their actions. It appears that professional referee’s appear to be untouchable and unaccountable.

I apologise profoundly if this letter has offended you or Mr Moss in any way."

I would have also mentioned that Kasper threw the ball to the half way line which was the opposite of time wasting.

Also, Morgan booted the ball in to the stands after our first goal - no card.

Plus, Camp dribbled the ball round the back of his goal for a good minute yet this wasn't considered time wasting?

FFS can we just drop this now. The games over the points have been shared and there's nothing we can do about it. Nobody will be writing nasty letters if we get a dodgy penalty. Get over it.

I would have also mentioned that Kasper threw the ball to the half way line which was the opposite of time wasting.

Also, Morgan booted the ball in to the stands after our first goal - no card.

Plus, Camp dribbled the ball round the back of his goal for a good minute yet this wasn't considered time wasting?

Only just saw this, Schmeichel is a grade A twat for doing what he did, however I saw a keeper do something worse than what Kasper did there (think it might have been the Brighton keeper midweek against Cardiff) the intent was to kick the ball away and he only ended up kicking it up into his own goal.

I can understand your frustration, but these things even themselves out throughout the season. We just have to get on with it and get behind the lads on Saturday.

Supposedly, but I seem to remember us being given far more bad decisions than good ones by refs the last couple of years.

Guest MattP

FFS can we just drop this now. The games over the points have been shared and there's nothing we can do about it. Nobody will be writing nasty letters if we get a dodgy penalty. Get over it.

This.

As soon as a team starts to believe they are victims of referees etc its a sign that it has gone wrong on the pitch.

If we carried on attacking saturday the referee couldnt of affected the game.

Supposedly, but I seem to remember us being given far more bad decisions than good ones by refs the last couple of years.

That's because naturally you're going to remember the ones you feel aggrieved about. Plus we're more likely to be biased towards Leicester, so what an opposition fan would class a poor decision we as Leicester fans would judge fair and square. I feel confident in saying we get it no worst than any other club.

Other than giving the penalty (which was harsh, but i'd have shouted for a penalty if an opposing defender did it) the ref didn't do a lot wrong! I've seen a hell of a lot worse at this level.

Let's let this go, it was Kasper being a twat and Weale missing a cross that cost us, not the ref.

I dont think we backed off prior to the goal on Saturday. Nugent was exhausted (unsurprisingly given the work he put in) and replaced by Gally, Gally's role was basically the same as Nugents...up front and run.

Florist kicked up the pressure, again as expected given the scoreline, their increased pressure forced us back and also forced us into playing more hoofball. Once the peno and sending off occurred we were flat out and effectively just playing for survival.

When Sven brought Gally on, i was slightly disapointed as i didnt feel we were being careful enough to protect our lead.

I dont think we backed off prior to the goal on Saturday. Nugent was exhausted (unsurprisingly given the work he put in) and replaced by Gally, Gally's role was basically the same as Nugents...up front and run.

Florist kicked up the pressure, again as expected given the scoreline, their increased pressure forced us back and also forced us into playing more hoofball. Once the peno and sending off occurred we were flat out and effectively just playing for survival.

When Sven brought Gally on, i was slightly disapointed as i didnt feel we were being careful enough to protect our lead.

Nugent appeared to be limping when he went off :thumbup:

Whats that got to do with anything?

The bottom line of it was that it wasn't a penalty and not a sending off!

That's because naturally you're going to remember the ones you feel aggrieved about. Plus we're more likely to be biased towards Leicester, so what an opposition fan would class a poor decision we as Leicester fans would judge fair and square. I feel confident in saying we get it no worst than any other club.

Doncaster at home last year certainly springs to mind

I believe that I have been fairly reasonable in my correspondence, in what way can my letter be thought of as "nasty"

Archived