Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion - Vote Now

Zieler 5 Looked short on confidence and took too long with his clearances. Put himself and the team under pressure unnecessarily 

Simpson 7 Our best defender (as usual this season)

Morgan 6 Thought he did ok

Huth 6 As above 

Fuchs 7 Played well and kept trying to get forward second half 

Mahrez 8 Second half he was magical. I must have watched a different game to some of you. 

Drinkwater 5 Too many long balls and uncharacteristic mistake. He's tired 

King 5 He's a steady Eddie and nothing more

Musa 6 Much better than recent games and had a decent second half 

Okazaki 4 Anonymous 

Slimani 6 Well taken goal but he seems to need the perfect cross to be able to score. For £30m, I think he should create more chances for himself 

Vardy 4 I can hardly remember him touching the ball. Worried now 

Gray 6 Showed some endeavour and i don't know why he doesn't get more chances

We badly need a midfielder who can drive forward . We are relying on Drinkwater far too much. 

Ranieri 5 Sick of him chopping and changing now. 

Zieler 4 - Crap kicking and although not his fault would probably have got to the ball before Phillips had he charged out from his line as Drinkwater passed it.

Simpson 6 - Didn't do anything wrong, does offer very little when we are losing though going forward

Huth 5 - Didn't have much to do and when he was called upon didn't do it well.

Morgan 5 - As above.

Fuchs 6 - Another one whose crossing will be vital is Slimani plays, not his best game but sets a high standard.

Mahrez 7 - The only player who was going to create something, great ball in for the goal and with a bit more luck could have had another assist.

King 4 - Irrelevant for most of the match, didn't pass a ball longer than 5 yards and terrible defending for the first goal, didn't track his man and then a nothing challenge when he was heading into the net.

Drinkwater 3 - Worst game I can remember him having, gave the ball away far too much and the passback summed up his day.

Musa 3 - Can't believe the fee we paid for him, literally the same trick everytime he gets the ball and it's not even a trick, just knock ball past and try to use pace, has no class or skill whatsoever, no idea what Albrighton has done wrong, his crosses could be perfect for Slimani.

Okazaki 5 -  Not his day at all, but worth persisting with.

Slimani 7 - A presence at least and the only one who looked like he was going to bag a goal, if he plays we have to have winges who can give him the service playing.

subs:

Vardy 5 - Still seems to be struggling, needs to reinvent himself as the things that worked last year he can't do.

Gray 4 - Poor, still too wasteful in good positions as his last cross shows, seems to play better when the game is dead and we are either 3-0 up or 3-0 down.

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Danny Simpson MotM by a county mile.

Zieler was poor, worried every time he touched the ball, didn't claim any crosses and should have done better for their 2nd. (4)

Back four did a decent job imo, a freak goal to concede and a good cross/ header. 7s all around

Simoson the stand out was everywhere. 8.

The midfield is where we lost the game today.

Musa was poor and didn't show anything until we went behind. (3)

Drinkwater, unfit? Tired? Most disappointing game from him in a long time, couldn't make a pass today which really didn't help relieve pressure. (4)

King wasn't his worst game, won the ball ans played it simple most of the time, nothing that stood out though (6).

Mahrez our only threat, but was often double teamed on the wing, needs to be smarter. (6)

Okazaki non existent (5)

Slimani only his goal gives him a 5, he sulked and moaned and didn't really do anything.

Vardy badly needs a goal, he ran and chased and got into the right positions but looked like he didn't have a clue what to do when it came to him. Should have scored the header. (5)

Gray meh didn't seem to grab his chance a couple of long shots, but nothing that makes you think he has to start. (5) 

Ulloa simply not good enough for where we are or want to be.

Claudio hard to see where he got it wrong today, played the 11 I would have played, made the subs I wanted to see, just didn't come off today (6)

WBA did the job they set out to do, frustrated us, slowed the game down and took their chances. (7)

ref didn't have a decision to make in the game, 6

Ulloa simply not good enough? Well I have not seen a lot from the £32m man that says he is any better.

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

It's funny how differently people see the game. I thought Mahrez and Drinkwater were atrocious, and King not far behind.

Full backs our best players, again.

Mahrez?

Did you go home at half time as that would explain your comment.

Mahrez was our best player, not saying much though. Drinkwater was ok other than his mistake but them 2 are relied on to create everything.

Actually thought Zieler tried to play it out more Kasper does, problem was he's passing it to players who then just hoof it. I do think Kasper probably saves the second goal though. Slimani is pretty hopeless in the build up but if you give him service he will score goals.

14 hours ago, Royston. said:

Zieler should have come charging out for their winner but too scared/timid.

Simpson 7 typical scrap like effort from him, our motm imo

Fuchs 6 reasonable performance as often is the case

Morgan 5 struggled early with rondon and struggled generally with pace

Huth 5 made it through with no clangers before he was sacrificed for leo messi ulloa

Mahrez 4 needs dropping. yes i agree claudio he is our best bet for creating something but he's stuck in a rut

Drinkwater 6 busy as a bee (with no sting)

King 5 another of his frequent "off days"

Musa 6 so frustrating seeing someone so quick not using it to maximum effect

Slimani 4 harsh rating for the goal scorer but not quite living up to his price tag, may not be all his fault though.

Okazaki 5 ineffective which is probaly why he was subbed earlier than usual

Vardy 6 provided a bit of urgency but still cant score

Ulloa 5 its quite sad to see him get the odd cameo for us, think he could get a regular starting place elsewhere

Gray 5 after all my moaning about him not getting a chance, he was pretty average. needs to start though!

Mahrez 4 and Musa and Drinkwater 6? How? Funny you gave the goal scorer and the assist maker the worst notes. Granted Mahrez was bad the first half, he was way, way better in the second. Drinkwater is the most consistent player and holding the midfield alone but he's showing signs of fatigue, if this goes on, he'll be burned out in January.

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Mahrez?

Did you go home at half time as that would explain your comment.

He put in a couple of great crosses, but I lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball. Suppose that comes with the territory though, he's our creative spark and we need him to try and make things happen.

As I said, funny how people see the game differently. 

Zieler 5 doesn't instil confidence in his defence through being hesitant but excellent early save

Simpson 6.5 solid in defence

Huth 6 solid and actually not too bad going forward

Wes 5 shaky at the moment and too slow to play the ball out

Fuchs 6.5 solid as always. 

Musa 6 improved after the break. Needs to be more confident in his ability and shoot. Replaced at odd time in light of his improvement

King 5 too safe at times as always. Lacks cutting edge.

Drinkwater 4.5 his poorest game for me. looks weary mentally and physically. Too many overemphasised back and side passes coupled with speculative long balls. poor mistake.

Mahrez 7 poor first half like everyone being marked out but was dangerous after the break. Tired hard too.

Okazaki 5 no real service but had a falling down day

Slimani 6 shows he can score with the right service. Tried a lot. Looked frustrated.

Gray 5.5 wanted to have a go and needs a run in the team

Ulloa 4 no chances really but offers little threat

Vardy 6 worked hard. Needs a break with a goal.

Claudio - looked very frustrated but needs to get a grip tactically. Odd timing of substitutions. As someone else said most of us would have picked that team beforehand.

Zieler 5 - Nothing special but I am not sure whether if he could have stopped Phillips' goal

Simpson 7 - Steady as usual

Huth 6-  Okay

Morgan 5- Same as above

Fuchs 7 - One of our most consistent player this season- I always enjoy watching him getting out of tight situation with clever balls. 

Mahrez 6- Marked him up to 6 due to the assist and the fact he gave West Brom defenders something to worry about about. 

King 5-  Oddly enough, I do not think he deserved all hate as he was just bad as Drinkwater until last 20 minutes where he joined in the attack more than Drinkwater and looked lot better as a result.  Would benefit from an extra midfielder behind him as he looked much better in opponent's half. 

Drinkwater 4 - Can't remember any decent balls- failed to influence the game much as he normally can. 

Musa 5-  Awful awful in the first half- most of our attacks stopped with him but he stepped up in the second half until he got subbed. Need to have that level of self belief in himself every week. 

Okazaki 5 -  Did not much at all but he does not get enough of the ball to be creative.

Slimani 6- Good to see that he is still scoring which is vital considering Vardy/Mahrez's dry spells.  Tried his best. 

subs:

Vardy 3 - One of the worst players on the pitch- far more anonymous than King. 

Gray 5-  At least he tried to make things happen
Ulloa- 4- Not enough time to put his stamp on the game

On 11/6/2016 at 20:29, Fox92 said:

Zieler 4

All defence 5 - Bullied by a stronger player in Rondon.

Mahrez, Musa 6 - Thought both looked dangerous at times.

Drinkwater 5 - Still our best central midfielder.

King 4

Slimani, Okazaki - 4

5 for Drinkwater 2 plenty cost us 3 points noone else  has this season

I think people are being harsh on Zieler. There's really very little he could have done about their goals, or any goals he has conceded so far this season to be honest. Simply because Schmeichel may have done better with Phillips goal means nothing - as Schmeichel is one of the best around in 1 on 1 situations. That said, he does worry me with the ball at his feet.

Overall I thought we were very poor. We're so predictable and lacking ideas in the final third. We're crying out for a proper ball-playing midfielder alongside Drinkwater, and by that I mean someone comfortable on the ball who doesn't treat it like a hot potato. Here's hoping Mendy is that man but at this rate we won't be seeing him in a City shirt all season!

Archived