Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion - Vote Now

Danny Simpson MotM by a county mile.

Zieler was poor, worried every time he touched the ball, didn't claim any crosses and should have done better for their 2nd. (4)

Back four did a decent job imo, a freak goal to concede and a good cross/ header. 7s all around

Simoson the stand out was everywhere. 8.

The midfield is where we lost the game today.

Musa was poor and didn't show anything until we went behind. (3)

Drinkwater, unfit? Tired? Most disappointing game from him in a long time, couldn't make a pass today which really didn't help relieve pressure. (4)

King wasn't his worst game, won the ball ans played it simple most of the time, nothing that stood out though (6).

Mahrez our only threat, but was often double teamed on the wing, needs to be smarter. (6)

Okazaki non existent (5)

Slimani only his goal gives him a 5, he sulked and moaned and didn't really do anything.

Vardy badly needs a goal, he ran and chased and got into the right positions but looked like he didn't have a clue what to do when it came to him. Should have scored the header. (5)

Gray meh didn't seem to grab his chance a couple of long shots, but nothing that makes you think he has to start. (5) 

Ulloa simply not good enough for where we are or want to be.

Claudio hard to see where he got it wrong today, played the 11 I would have played, made the subs I wanted to see, just didn't come off today (6)

WBA did the job they set out to do, frustrated us, slowed the game down and took their chances. (7)

ref didn't have a decision to make in the game, 6

Zieler 4

All defence 5 - Bullied by a stronger player in Rondon.

Mahrez, Musa 6 - Thought both looked dangerous at times.

Drinkwater 5 - Still our best central midfielder.

King 4

Slimani, Okazaki - 4

Zieler 5

Simpson 5

Huth 3

Morgan 3

Fuchs 7

Mahrez 7

King 4

Drinkwater 2

Musa 3

Okazaki 5

Slimani 5

subs:

Vardy 4

Gray 4

Ron Robbie 6 - a belter save first half. ridic good. didn't do much else. 

Simpson 6

Morgan 5

Huth 5

Fuchs 5

Mahrez 7.5 - ridiculously good at football 

Drinkwater 0 - that's being kind 

King 6

Musa 6

Slimani 5

Okazaki 4

then:

Vardy 5

Gray 5

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Ron Robbie 6 - a belter save first half. ridic good. didn't do much else. 

Simpson 6

Morgan 5

Huth 5

Fuchs 5

Mahrez 7.5 - ridiculously good at football 

Drinkwater 0 - that's being kind 

King 6

Musa 6

Slimani 5

Okazaki 4

then:

Vardy 5

Gray 5

Finally someone else who picked up on just how bad Drinkwater was.

Zieler should have come charging out for their winner but too scared/timid.

Simpson 7 typical scrap like effort from him, our motm imo

Fuchs 6 reasonable performance as often is the case

Morgan 5 struggled early with rondon and struggled generally with pace

Huth 5 made it through with no clangers before he was sacrificed for leo messi ulloa

Mahrez 4 needs dropping. yes i agree claudio he is our best bet for creating something but he's stuck in a rut

Drinkwater 6 busy as a bee (with no sting)

King 5 another of his frequent "off days"

Musa 6 so frustrating seeing someone so quick not using it to maximum effect

Slimani 4 harsh rating for the goal scorer but not quite living up to his price tag, may not be all his fault though.

Okazaki 5 ineffective which is probaly why he was subbed earlier than usual

Vardy 6 provided a bit of urgency but still cant score

Ulloa 5 its quite sad to see him get the odd cameo for us, think he could get a regular starting place elsewhere

Gray 5 after all my moaning about him not getting a chance, he was pretty average. needs to start though!

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

He looks for the long pass every time even, it's so frustrating. There is a time and a place for it and there is a time to play a simple 5-10 yard pass on the ground which he seems in capable of doing. In games such as today, we needed our CMs to move the ball quickly with short passing to try and prise open spaces in a compact and disciplined West Brom defence

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

TBH I think king is being given an easy time here. I gave him a 2. Genuinely useless. One of those games where I feel like I could've done what he did; make unchallenged backwards 5 yard passes, whimp out of challenges and give the ball away under pressure. 

If there isn't anything on, then I'd rather a player keep the ball (if that means playing a 5 yard backwards pass then so be it) than aimlessly play it long for a winger to beat one of West Broms massive defenders in the air

2 minutes ago, Swalker said:

If there isn't anything on, then I'd rather a player keep the ball (if that means playing a 5 yard backwards pass then so be it) than aimlessly play it long for a winger to beat one of West Broms massive defenders in the air

A fair point. But when was the last time either of them carried the ball forward? In the oppositions half? 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

For a while I've been surprised at how positive people are about Drinkwater. He ups the tempo of the game better than anyone else, yes, and he's had a few decent matches this season, but I think he's been at the heart of our increased predictability. He plays the same over-the-top ball game-in game-out (I know, lack of movement is also responsible), often shows poor awareness, often lays it off without bothering to look up beforehand.

I dread to think where we'd be without him, but that has as much to do with the lack of alternatives as with the standard of his performances.

That's not to say that anyone has been consistently better than him, but then again I couldn't tell you the name of one outfield player who I think has been genuinely consistent. Schlupp, Huth, Mahrez and Vardy perhaps, for the wrong reasons.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Zieler 4

All defence 5 - Bullied by a stronger player in Rondon.

Mahrez, Musa 6 - Thought both looked dangerous at times.

Drinkwater 5 - Still our best central midfielder.

King 4

Slimani, Okazaki - 4

2 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Simpson was awful. Gave him a 2. Don't see how people rated him in this game.

2 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Simpson

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Slimani only his goal gives him a 5, he sulked and moaned and didn't really do anything.

Vardy badly needs a goal, he ran and chased and got into the right positions but looked like he didn't have a clue what to do when it came to him. Should have scored the header. (5)

Gray meh didn't seem to grab his chance a couple of long shots, but nothing that makes you think he has to start. (5) 

Ulloa simply not good enough for where we are or want to be.

Very harsh, has improved considerably from the guy we signed and has always come up when needed. Decent option to have.

Archived