Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Referees

It's also convenient to ignore that overall and in this division, the newly-promoted team has found itself at the punishing end of more dubious refereeing decisions.

Does that come to you as a surprise?

yes because refs are not biased.

i am a youth ref over here.

even u16 games fly by me and i don't have video tech or most of the time assistants to  fall  back on. so i can't imagine how you keep up with eden hazard when he's got 25 years on you.

it's absolute rubbish to  say the big teams influence refs.

they  may be incompetent at times,  but they  aren't biased.

Guest ttfn

How we got 0 penalties today and 2 got given against us at Liverpool is just astonishing.

Hand off to the face?

No penalty.

Block the ball with your face?

Penalty.

Play the game in and around your own box .... you'll get penalties awarded against you.

Play the game in and around the opposition's box and you'll gain penalties. 

Play 5 at the back and have a negative manager and you'll play in your own box, not theirs.

I am astonished at today's refereeing performance. He gave free kicks for nothing fouls and didn't let the game flow but refused to give clear cut decisions I.e. Both our stone wall penalty's, how he dicided Krammy was outside the box for the second is astonishing. He can't of been any where near the play to make that decision.

haha nige's interview. "do you think they were penalties?" *gives him a cold stare, shrugs, sighs* "clearly"

also saw on Twitter it was the same ref who laughably booked krama vs spurs for diving. maybe he just hates andrej or somethin

Guest ttfn

haha nige's interview. "do you think they were penalties?" *gives him a cold stare, shrugs, sighs* "clearly"

also saw on Twitter it was the same ref who laughably booked krama vs spurs for diving. maybe he just hates andrej or somethin

Right so 3 nailed on penalties in 6 weeks not given to us by one ref.

Didn't somebody say on here that we had the PGMO guys down during the week to explain the poor decisions we'd had?

They should probably just set up shop nearby to save money because they'll be back soon enough.

Play the game in and around your own box .... you'll get penalties awarded against you.

Play 5 at the back and have a negative manager and you'll play in your own box, not theirs.

But we should have had 2 penalties tonight?

Guest ttfn

It was actually brilliant camera work on MOTD as they zoomed in on his face when they asked him about the pens. Definite gif in the making.

yes because refs are not biased.

i am a youth ref over here.

even u16 games fly by me and i don't have video tech or most of the time assistants to  fall  back on. so i can't imagine how you keep up with eden hazard when he's got 25 years on you.

it's absolute rubbish to  say the big teams influence refs.

they  may be incompetent at times,  but they  aren't biased.

How do you know?

You base your observation on your work with teens and compare it to the life and tension in arguably the biggest football league in the world?

There's a lot more money at stake here than just a nickel and a dime.

The 'black or white' nature of this forum constantly has me tearing my hair out.

No, you bloody fools, the referees have not solely been responsible for our poor form. But you can't possibly suggest that they've not played a big part in it.

It was actually brilliant camera work on MOTD as they zoomed in on his face when they asked him about the pens. Definite gif in the making.

his eyes literally doubled in size, was great.

as for setting up camp to explain bad decisions, could just sack bobby madley (surely not a refs name sounds like a country singer) the useless bellend

Right, ok :unsure:

One foul was inside the box and given outside. What does that have to do with how we set up?

How do you know?

You base your observation on your work with teens and compare it to the life and tension in arguably the biggest football league in the world?

There's a lot more money at stake here than just a nickel and a dime.

and your previous post regarding newly promoted teams implied that  they  were, without any evidence.

incompetence is much  more likely than  conspiracy.

Im positive there's a certain amount of match fixing going on, we really have been on the end of some embarrassing decisions this season. Its not just one, its happening every fvcking game. Something needs to be done about these dire refs, weve been denied 2 penalty's which could have resulted us in getting a draw. Unacceptable.

Guest MattP

Tonight again shows why we simply have to have technology, same as NFL, a challenge flag for each manager, can review a decision that's viewed as crucial.

If we have a challenge flag tonight we get a certain one (as he's already given the fould) and two penalties.

These decisions are too big to get wrong.

(and before anyone says it im not blaming refs for our position)  :rolleyes: 

Right, ok :unsure:

One foul was inside the box and given outside. What does that have to do with how we set up?

You sometimes don't get penalties given ... most sides moan a bit and carry on .... we are so woeful that we had 2 shots tonight .... so we have to make a big deal about the one penalty shout (Kram) ..... For me the Schlupp one was never a penalty.

We played the game, positively with loads of possession in the final third last year and got loads of penalties. We defend for 80 minutes and never get them. It's not rocket science .... We don't get penalties for the same reason we don't get goals .... We don't attack.

You do know we were playing Man City? A bit different to Huddersfield and Bolton.

Also since when does the award of a penalty become a numbers game. If we only crossed the half way line once and an attacker is fouled in the area why should it not be awarded? arguably playing a counter attacking game should see a speedy forward stretching the defence and increase the chance of a pen

You do know we were playing Man City? A bit different to Huddersfield and Bolton.

Also since when does the award of a penalty become a numbers game. If we only crossed the half way line once and an attacker is fouled in the area why should it not be awarded? arguably playing a counter attacking game should see a speedy forward stretching the defence and increase the chance of a pen

Because in almost every game there will be at least one possible penalty not given. I would actually find it weird if there wasn't one.

But If you spend more time in their box there will be more opportunities to win penalties ... because there are more defensive challenges being made. Yes, we should have had one penalty tonight ..... Can you remember a game where someone didn't think their side deserved a penalty?? They're not all given. But if you have 5 shouts a game you're likely to get one or two given .... 

I don't understand why people find this hard to understand.

The 'black or white' nature of this forum constantly has me tearing my hair out.

No, you bloody fools, the referees have not solely been responsible for our poor form. But you can't possibly suggest that they've not played a big part in it.

To be honest, I think refereeing in England has been awful for a while, all across the board. Not just for Leicester. It caused us a lot of problems tonight, but 22 shots to 6 and 69% possession - I'm inclined to believe that they could have twisted the knife a lot more than they did had one or two of those decisions gone our way. And we shouldn't forget that some decisions have gone our way too in the past.

I find it hard, when I look at the match stats, to believe that the referee was to blame for us losing tonight. But that shouldn't disguise that he had a dreadful game and shouldn't be refereeing at this level any time soon.

It amazes me that we bang on so much about needing technology, when we overlook the fact that the standard of refereeing is so much worse than it was just a few years ago. One of these problems, if fixed, will only compensate for a fraction of the damage caused by the other.

To be honest, I think refereeing in England has been awful for a while, all across the board. Not just for Leicester. It caused us a lot of problems tonight, but 22 shots to 6 and 69% possession - I'm inclined to believe that they could have twisted the knife a lot more than they did had one or two of those decisions gone our way. And we shouldn't forget that some decisions have gone our way too in the past.

I find it hard, when I look at the match stats, to believe that the referee was to blame for us losing tonight. But that shouldn't disguise that he had a dreadful game and shouldn't be refereeing at this level any time soon.

It amazes me that we bang on so much about needing technology, when we overlook the fact that the standard of refereeing is so much worse than it was just a few years ago. One of these problems, if fixed, will only compensate for a fraction of the damage caused by the other.

But only 2 of those 22 shots went in. If we had been given the penalty when we were due (krammy) then only one of those 20 shots they had taken had gone in and it would have been 1-1 which no doubt would have galvanised our players. If both had been given it could easily have been 2-1 to us going into the last twenty minutes of the game. The ref cost us tonight. Possession is irrelevant when you consider the way we set up. We set up to soak up, and we did it bloody well tbh.

If Mourinho had been on the end of these decisions recently, he'd have stabbed someone by now.

Funny how it's Liverpool away, Tottenham away, Manchester City away too isn't it?

Oh well, that's just the kind of luck you get when you're bottom of the league and no ****er gives a toss about you, least of all half of your own fans who don't want to blame anything other than the manager and the captain.

Because in almost every game there will be at least one possible penalty not given. I would actually find it weird if there wasn't one.

But If you spend more time in their box there will be more opportunities to win penalties ... because there are more defensive challenges being made. Yes, we should have had one penalty tonight ..... Can you remember a game where someone didn't think their side deserved a penalty?? They're not all given. But if you have 5 shouts a game you're likely to get one or two given .... 

I don't understand why people find this hard to understand.

Obviously you're 100% right.

We should remember how many penalties we won last season. And, if we want to reflect on how hard done we are by referees, we should remember how many dubious ones we won and how few dubious ones we conceded. We laughed at how Vardy managed to con a ref here or there, or how Was got away with murder at times.

If we've been exceptionally unlucky with referees this season, then we should remember that we did alright from them last season. And that, like you say, if you're doing well and you get the ball forward often enough you're going to draw more penalties, naturally. Which is the reason for us feeling conned right now, and for us feeling pretty smug about ourselves a year ago.

Archived