Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Hey buddy,

So. A question. Loving the 'view new posts' option since our discussion on the temporary site.

Is there any way that when you click on the thread in new posts (I don't see page numbers anymore) you can be taken to the most recent page rather than the first page?

Thanks,

SL

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hey buddy,

So. A question. Loving the 'view new posts' option since our discussion on the temporary site.

Is there any way that when you click on the thread in new posts (I don't see page numbers anymore) you can be taken to the most recent page rather than the first page?

Thanks,

SL

Ah - I've found it.

Instead of highlighting the thread title, you put your cursor on the dot next to the thread title and it takes you to the first unread post....

That'll do!

20 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh that's a shame, I really don't get on with mobile sites. They put me on edge!

It's not a mobile site though - it has the full functionality of the software unlike the previous version where the mobile skin had limited functionality

Guest CityFan 06

I like the update. Checking your profile is better and it's good how you can put emojis into mobile posts. I also like the date joined, that looks better and overall it is an 'upgrade' I'd say. Just checked the polls, they look excellent and smarter. The notifications are great.

I haven't tried this on the desktop version but it's pretty good thus far. Hopefully it's ok for others, maybe it takes some getting use to. 

Edited by LeiFosse 06

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

Any way to increase the file size limit on background profile picture? currently even my avatar is too big

I'll have a look but thought it was set at 250kb which is quite high, the higher the file size the slower the site is to load

42 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Has the history section gone? :(

No I'm working on getting it to work

40 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hey buddy,

Thanks,

SL

Yes I'll fix that

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'll have a look but thought it was set at 250kb which is quite high, the higher the file size the slower the site is to load

No I'm working on getting it to work

Yes I'll fix that

Thanks. works fine now

Guest CityFan 06

Any idea why the running fox is in grey when you're not signed in, but when you are signed in it is in blue? Or is this a way showing your not signed in maybe...

Out of interest, is this going to be the new permanent FoxesTalk, or will you be trying out other versions from the development forum to put on here? 

Screenshot 2016-07-18 at 11.01.48 AM.png     Screenshot 2016-07-18 at 11.02.49 AM.png

Edited by LeiFosse 06

15 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Any idea why the running fox is in grey when you're not signed in, but when you are signed in it is in blue? Or is this a way showing your not signed in maybe...

Out of interest, is this going to be the new permanent FoxesTalk, or will you be trying out other versions from the development forum to put on here? 

The grey/blue just shows whether or not that forum is marked as 'read' by you, i.e., blue when there are new posts, grey when there aren't.

New forum looks great though, and I like that we can now cancel accidental reps lol

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Xen said:

The grey/blue just shows whether or not that forum is marked as 'read' by you, i.e., blue when there are new posts, grey when there aren't.

New forum looks great though, and I like that we can now cancel accidental reps lol

Oh ok thanks. Yeah it's alright isn't it this new forum. 

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Xen said:

Oo, and my laptop gave off a little sound when I got the notification that I was quoted.

Fancy.

Same, got that too on my laptop. :D

8 hours ago, Mark said:

I've been putting this off for a while but here it is so welcome to the new FT v4!

Firstly the forum is likely to run slower than normal as part of the upgrade there is a lot of processes running in the background that will complete over the next couple of days and then we'll get back up to our usual level of performance.

The first big change is your log in is your display name. Previously you could have a seperate username to log in, from now on use your display name (or email address). If you are reading this unable to login you should be able to get the relevant details via reset username/password links on the sign in page. If still not working try emailling [email protected] and we'll do our best today to resolve any issues.

Feel free to test out posting pictures/twitter/youtube links as all should be automated, so no more questions about how to post a picture. :)

Any other problems let me know on this thread.

one issue i do have is the date is now americanised. if you hover over "most online" it is in the american format of mm/dd/yyyy instead of the english way. 

Guest CityFan 06
8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Because of my love for stats, I like where it says how many posts are in each sub forum.

Yeah I like this too!

Not sure the 'Top' link is required at the bottom of every post, it makes the site look a bit ugly when you aren't signed in as well

I do like the mobile layout now, looks a lot better, and the page links are easier to tap on

Edited by MrSpaM

This version isn't fitting on my phone properly. There is a load of empty space to the right hand side which I keep accidently scrolling sideways onto. Is there a way of getting rid of it?

Zoomed out shot below.

Screenshot_20160718-123743.png

Edited by Larry_LCFC