Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

28 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

In that post, you've gone on to throw your toys out twice and suggested people are taking issue with because of your nationality which has not happened anywhere and is quite an insulting thing to falsely accuse someone of. Hence the post. So I'll stick with you. 

I think a lot more kids around the world are going to hear about Mahrez and Leicester if he's actually back in Leicester and we are winning games higher up the league and doing well in the FA cup than they are while he's of playing in the AFCON, This may shock you but the PL sort of pisses on the AFCON in terms of global audiences!

1-Oh it happened here, more than once.people question me being a real fan because I am Algerian. 

2- I am talking about the type of audience that Leicester will have. PL will help in America,Asia and Europe but the AFCON will have more impact on the African people because they are invested in it.

Just now, the fox said:

1- this is a very logical response, thank you

2-and many people that which well for Algeria will stop carrying about Algeria after mahrez and slimani stop being Leicester players

3-  it would've been better if you said " a lot of Algerians" instead of " all Algerians". I am a Leicester fan and I am happy with my choice.

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. My apologies, you are totally correct, I should have said most not all. You have stated more than once that you are a City fan so I will take you at your word. If a look into the future was possible and it didn't harm City I would genuinely be pleased if Algeria won it but for the players, not for the supporters. If they are knocked out in the group stages I have to say I'll be relieved the players will be back early but I wouldn't celebrate Algerias exit as such.

I didn't feel like this 3 months ago but I do now as our season continues to splutter along in the league.

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-Oh it happened here, more than once.people question me being a real fan because I am Algerian. Just in this page Max wall said that he doubt no Algerian will stay as a fan if mahrez and slimani are not here. 

2- I am talking about the type of audience that Leicester will have. PL will help in America,Asia and Europe but the AFCON will have more impact on the African people because they are invested in it.

They're right though, perhaps the use of "all" is a little all inclusive but the vast majority will be gone this is just a statement of fact. You implied people had a problem with you personally because you are Algerian, hence you compared is to Everton fans and accused us of being "hostile" was it?  which has not happened anywhere and as I say is close to accusing people of racism. Not nice. 

Do not take this the wrong way but the African market really is an after thought when compared to the other regions of the world, and we already do quite well in Africa and especially Algeria (hence the Social Media invasion) there's a reason Premier League teams are playing games in Bejing Sydney and Los Angeles in the off season instead Dakar Raabat Nairobi.  

37 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. My apologies, you are totally correct, I should have said most not all. You have stated more than once that you are a City fan so I will take you at your word. If a look into the future was possible and it didn't harm City I would genuinely be pleased if Algeria won it but for the players, not for the supporters. If they are knocked out in the group stages I have to say I'll be relieved the players will be back early but I wouldn't celebrate Algerias exit as such.

I didn't feel like this 3 months ago but I do now as our season continues to splutter along in the league.

I have to say, even if we are knocked out I wouldn't be that mad because it will at least result in A better chance of our club staying up. My priority is my national team. But, that doesn't mean that I wish the club to suffer because of that. COYF 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

I have to say, even if we are knocked out I wouldn't be that mad because it will at least result in A better chance of our club staying up. My priority is my national team. But, that doesn't mean that I which the club to suffer because of that. COYF 

Just sold your argument down the river I'm afraid. NO City fans priority is a national team. You're an Algeria fan who follows City. Nothing wrong with that but that is what you are.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They're right though, perhaps the use of "all" is a little all inclusive but the vast majority will be gone this is just a statement of fact. You implied people had a problem with you personally because you are Algerian, hence you compared is to Everton fans and accused us of being "hostile" was it?  which has not happened anywhere and as I say is close to accusing people of racism. Not nice. 

Do not take this the wrong way but the African market really is an after thought when compared to the other regions of the world, and we already do quite well in Africa and especially Algeria (hence the Social Media invasion) there's a reason Premier League teams are playing games in Bejing Sydney and Los Angeles in the off season instead Dakar Raabat Nairobi.  

Oh no no no! I never said that people here are racists. I despise racist people and racism against any group,religion or a color. So, if I thought that they are racist I would said it to their faces. I never denied that a lot of Algerians will stop caring. All I said is, saying "all" instead of  "a lot" is not fair.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Just sold your argument down the river I'm afraid. NO City fans priority is a national team. You're an Algeria fan who follows City. Nothing wrong with that but that is what you are.

I am an Algerian fan first, Leicester fan (not follower) second. I know a lot of English people have problems with the national team ( who can blame them) but that doesn't mean that other people will share the same feeling.

Just now, the fox said:

Oh no no no! I never said that people are racists. I despise racist people and racism against any group,religion or a color. So, if I thought that they are racist I would said it to their faces. I never denied that a lot of Algerians will stop caring. All I said is, saying "all" instead of  "a lot" is not fair.

I know hence close to, no one has a problem with you because you are Algerian. You'll probably read opinions stating Algerians will stop following us when Mahrez and Slimani go quite a lot I think you're going to have to just learn to ride them out.  

1 minute ago, the fox said:

I am an Algerian fan first, Leicester fan (not follower) second. I know a lot of English people have problems with the national team ( who can blame them) but that doesn't mean that other people will share the same feeling.

Yeah he is right there I am afraid lol 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I know hence close to, no one has a problem with you because you are Algerian. You'll probably read opinions stating Algerians will stop following us when Mahrez and Slimani go quite a lot I think you're going to have to just learn to ride them out.  

All I ask is to add "a lot of Algerians" instead of " all Algerians". It is not that hard.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

I have to say, even if we are knocked out I wouldn't be that mad because it will at least result in A better chance of our club staying up. My priority is my national team. But, that doesn't mean that I which the club to suffer because of that. COYF 

if, in an alternate Universe, City could play Algeria in a knockout cup competition, you would want Algeria to win as they, in your own words, are your priority. If City played England, I would want City to win, regardless of the nationality of our scorers. Therein lies the difference.

Just now, the fox said:

All I ask is to add "a lot of Algerians" instead of " all Algerians". It is not that hard.

In theory assuming every poster on this board reads that sentence yeah lol they aint going to though, you'll end up repeating yourself an awful lot

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

That doesn't equate. I would want England to beat any team in the World as the match kicks off................except City.

England being rubbish doesn't alter that fact.

I am from Leicester, in England. I'm not from England in Leicester.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

if, in an alternate Universe, City could play Algeria in a knockout cup competition, you would want Algeria to win as they, in your own words, are your priority. If City played England, I would want City to win, regardless of the nationality of our scorers. Therein lies the difference.

I am lucky that Algeria is not a club :ph34r::ph34r: . but yeah, I would like my country to win. Because I have more loyalty to the country that I was born in. Living in and sharing a family in. I follow barca but I support Leicester. And that's way I watched a championship level Leicester game instead of el clasico.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That doesn't equate. I would want England to beat any team in the World as the match kicks off................except City.

England being rubbish doesn't alter that fact.

I am from Leicester, in England. I'm not from England in Leicester.

1- And that's why I said "a lot" instead of "all English"

2- but in reality, I am not from Leicester. So, your logic doesn't work on my case.

20 minutes ago, the fox said:

1- And that's why I said "a lot" instead of "all English"

2- but in reality, I am not from Leicester. So, your logic doesn't work on my case.

I simply don't agree with your opinion given your last few posts. Whatever the circumstances, whatever the opponent, I would want City to win and, in an ideal World, to thrash the opposition. We all love days when 'our' team plays great football and is on easy street, we can trounce someone and not be in danger of losing. You being an Algerian fan first means you would want an opponent to beat City (in this case Algeria) and thrash them, in an ideal World.  I see that as a major difference. At this point, I should state that this may be due to cultural differences between Algeria and the UK but there is no instance in which i would want City to lose. This is not an anti Algerian stance, I would say the same if you were German, Welsh, Peruvian or indeed English.

It seems we will never agree on this point so I'll leave it at that

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I simply don't agree with your opinion given your last few posts. Whatever the circumstances, whatever the opponent, I would want City to win and, in an ideal World, to thrash the opposition. We all love days when 'our' team plays great football and is on easy street, we can trounce someone and not be in danger of losing. You being an Algerian fan first means you would want an opponent to beat City (in this case Algeria) and thrash them, in an ideal World.  I see that as a major difference. At this point, I should state that this may be due to cultural differences between Algeria and the UK but there is no instance in which i would want City to lose. This is not an anti Algerian stance, I would say the same if you were German, Welsh, Peruvian or indeed English.

It seems we will never agree on this point so I'll leave it at that

1- people have deferent opinions, that is just life  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2-I don't want "a opponent" to beat Leicester, I want my country to win. I will not be happy Leicester is the losing. But, for me, my country is my priority.

3- exactly!. deferent people will have deferent opinions.

4-_well, we are at least are agreeing on that one.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

1- people have deferent opinions, that is just life  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want my country to win. I will not be happy Leicester is the losing. But, for me, my country is my priority.

2-I don't want "a opponent" to beat Leicester,

3- exactly!. deferent people will have deferent opinions.

4-_well, we are at least are agreeing on that one.

my exact point fella, you would want City to lose, if they played Algeria

23 minutes ago, USFox said:

Anybody know if Slimani is playing today against Tunisia? I really want him to in order to get back into form, and Tunisia is a pretty safe team in terms of style of play when it comes to fear of injury.

Yup starts with Mahrez. Algeria switched goalkeepers. Should be a fast-paced game I reckon.

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ball came in from a corner, bounced around and Slim tried to head it in, keeper dived wrong way but saved it with his toes. 

Just saw that. I also find it funny that their using Bentaleb (FC Shalke) as a human shield for Slimani on corners hahaha.

Archived