Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many more transfers

Do you think the fear of relegation is impacting our ability to sign players ? and how many more transfers do you think we will see in this window ?

6 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

Do you think the fear of relegation is impacting our ability to sign players ?

No.

6 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

and how many more transfers do you think we will see in this window ?

Probably 1.

8 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

Do you think the fear of relegation is impacting our ability to sign players ? and how many more transfers do you think we will see in this window ?

Of course it is. Joining a team battling near the bottom of the table is a completely different proposition to joining one challenging for Europe. Some players who would have joined us if we were 4th or 5th might be unwilling to do so given the position we're in. That's just the reality our situation. Anybody who doesn't believe it is deluding themselves.

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Of course it is. Joining a team battling near the bottom of the table is a completely different proposition to joining one challenging for Europe. Some players who would have joined us if we were 4th or 5th might be unwilling to do so given the position we're in. That's just the reality our situation. Anybody who doesn't believe it is deluding themselves.

Hull and Swansea have both signed two players this past week.

We've got plenty of pulling power. We're just finding the right players.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Hull and Swansea have both signed two players this past week.

We've got plenty of pulling power. We're just finding the right players.

I didn't say we won't be able to sign anybody. But being near the bottom obviously reduces your chances of signing quality players who want European football. Our 'pulling power' is clearly far less than it would be if we were close to the top four.

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I didn't say we won't be able to sign anybody. But being near the bottom obviously reduces your chances of signing quality players who want European football. Our 'pulling power' is clearly far less than it would be if we were close to the top four.

I'd say our pulling power is close to where it was in the summer.

Everybody knew it was a one off but we're still in Europe and we've still got enough money to fork out some hefty wages.

Guest CityFan 06

In my estimation, this squad needs 3 new signings. Two CB's and a creative CAM.

If we manage that, we will do just fine. I think we'll be fine in the long run anyway, but signings in those positions would be very beneficial to us.

I wouldn't have thought fear of relegation would discourage players from joining us. Most people would still expect us to stay up.

The probable lack of European football would doubtless cause some better players to go to a club higher in the table.

Signings?

I'm hoping for at least 2: a centre-back and a creative midfielder or attacking midfielder. 

Another defender (preferably RB/CB) would be good, particularly if Hernandez leaves, but we could get by without - Simpson/Amartey/Albrighton (RB at a push)

Well yeah, any team can sign players, its signing good ones that matter.

I think players realise we are in a relegation battle and that we are coming to the end of our once in a life time CL experience which leaves little insentive to join us..

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I wouldn't have thought fear of relegation would discourage players from joining us. Most people would still expect us to stay up.

The probable lack of European football would doubtless cause some better players to go to a club higher in the table.

Signings?

Not sure how this works...personally i think the prospect of a relegation battle would put off any player who wanted to play in europe as they know it aint going to happen.

Unlike Chelsea who had one bad season, we only had one good season. We were shit before the title and we are shit since it.

Can't see anyone joining us unless we bribe them with massive wages and we all know how that went with a certain number 9, definitely earning that 100k a week.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not sure how this works...personally i think the prospect of a relegation battle would put off any player who wanted to play in europe as they know it aint going to happen.

Unlike Chelsea who had one bad season, we only had one good season. We were shit before the title and we are shit since it.

Can't see anyone joining us unless we bribe them with massive wages and we all know how that went with a certain number 9, definitely earning that 100k a week.

Wow!! You're a bundle of laughs ain't ya!!

Archived