Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many more transfers

57 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd say our pulling power is close to where it was in the summer.

Everybody knew it was a one off but we're still in Europe and we've still got enough money to fork out some hefty wages.

Totally agree. If we pull off another top half finish (not looking likely) then we'll become more established. I also think we were pretty selective in signings over the summer as to not break up the team. Maybe didn't go for it enough in hindsight. Especially depth for CB (even FIFA tells you to look for a CB when you start as Leicester in career mode FFS!)

32 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not sure how this works...personally i think the prospect of a relegation battle would put off any player who wanted to play in europe as they know it aint going to happen.

Unlike Chelsea who had one bad season, we only had one good season. We were shit before the title and we are shit since it.

Can't see anyone joining us unless we bribe them with massive wages and we all know how that went with a certain number 9, definitely earning that 100k a week.

I agree that players capable of European football will be put off because it ain't going to happen (unless we win the Champions League or FA Cup!).

But it wouldn't be the prospect of relegation that would put people off. And I don't reckon it would put off players not expecting immediate European football, but capable of mid-table football.

They'd think we had a good chance of avoiding relegation - and of remaining in the Premier League, a massive enticement for all but the very top players who expect European football

Not making much of a dent in that supposed £30m transfer kitty. If the figures are to be believed then we have a net spend of about £3m so far in this window.

Anyone know what our net spend for this season is ?? Not that massive, I should think, for a club that's 20th on the latest rich list.

Guest CityFan 06

It has occurred to me that, for this window two CB's and an CAM would be ok, with the CB position being a priority. Morgan, Huth, (new CB), (new CB) - that would give us two central defensive partnerships.

However, in the summer, with Wasilewski likely to move on, and possibly Benalouane, would four centre backs be enough? I think in the summer we're going to be looking at needing to get another two as replacements, (assuming we get two CB's in this transfer window). I'm sceptical as to whether we will get two CB's in this window to be honest though.

We will make zero ****ing signings. 

We've been absolutely pathetic regarding transfers since winning the PL - completely failing to capitalise on our position and extra stature.

We could have ridden the wave and bought in some decent players but instead we've gone backwards and started playing absolutely ROTTEN football.

I can't imagine any half decent, creative player looking at the shite we've been playing so far this season and thinking 'ooh, I'd love to go there and show off what I can do'. 

****ing jokes - there really isn't any other way of looking at it. 

We couldnt get decent business done in the summer. When we had just won a title, had champions league football to offer and were handing out 100k a week contracts.

We need experienced premier league quality and now we are in a relegation battle and could well have just 2 cl games left, no european football to offer next season as ir stands. 

So yes without offering about 200k a week lol i'd suggest it has a impact on our chances to do decent business and those coming for money are not the characters we need and will all want the option to leave in the summer.

1 hour ago, bigboy said:

The Don says "He's happy with what he's got" if we make no more signings. ⚽️?

Jesus. I am starting to get seriously worried..............   Hopefully this is just another one of his jokes.  

1 hour ago, bigboy said:

The Don says "He's happy with what he's got" if we make no more signings. ⚽️?

He's not going to come out and say his defence is shit and needs to get a CB no matter the cost is he? January is bad enough for rip off prices as it is, before you tell the wolves you've got a gaping wound.

Two signings are a necessity;

either two centre backs, or a centre back and a right back.

If for god-knows-what-reason we don't sign a CB we can take solace in the fact that Amartey and Ndidi can cover there, but our depth in defence is very lacking.

An extra attacking player would be welcome too, but our biggest priority is sorting out our defence

None. Recently awful with securing the players we really want. Also, this window is gash. Absolutely the most boring, uninspiring window in years and to be honest it's a window we could really do with using! I fully expect us to do nothing until deadline day at which point we **** it all up and get nobody having offloaded 3 or 4 that we will realise three weeks after we should have kept because we are inept at getting the signatures in. 

Archived