Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - Round of 16 pt.2

Which do you prefer?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Paella (Spain) Vs Peking Duck (China)

2. 2. Pavlova (New Zealand) Vs Tagine (Morocco)

3. 3. Jerk Chicken (Jamaica) Vs Doner Kebab (Turkey)

4. 4. Fish & Chips (England/UK) Vs Swedish Meatballs (Sweden)

6 minutes ago, act smiley said:

Nah, the Ikea ones are crap; they're all gritty (although the gräddsås mix is decent there, granted). Done right though, so so good and the mash potato with cream in it... great. I have no idea why lingonberry jam is so amazing with it but terrible in anything else.

and a quick edit: What the hell are boiled spuds doing there instead of mash? :(

Just for you :)

Image result for ikea meatballs

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You live down south don't you? Fish and chips are crap down there. Ps that looks like a dog has thrown up on some deer poo.

I'll admit fish and chips are pretty shite down here. But I did live in Hull for 2 years many moons ago, and to be fair the fish and chips up there were different gravy :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just for you :)

I'll admit fish and chips are pretty shite down here. But I did live in Hull for 2 years many moons ago, and to be fair the fish and chips up there were different gravy :thumbup:

It's the strangest phenomenon, the further away from the coast you are, the better fish and chips tend to be. unless you are in whitby.

5 hours ago, act smiley said:

Nah, the Ikea ones are crap; they're all gritty (although the gräddsås mix is decent there, granted). Done right though, so so good and the mash potato with cream in it... great. I have no idea why lingonberry jam is so amazing with it but terrible in anything else.

and a quick edit: What the hell are boiled spuds doing there instead of mash? :(

Mmmmmmmmmmm graddsas and radordra lingon,  with a glass of lingo berry juice. Should be preceded by a course of knacker bread.

Although I love in Weymouth.... Where fish comes straight off the boat

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol The only reason I go to Ikea these days is for the meatballs mate :thumbup:

Seriously, check em out. Fish and Chips just don't come close in terms of taste for me..

I'd be very upset if someone vomited on my meatballs and then stuck a Swedish flag in it.

3 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I've never been served anything more gross than Paella in Mallaga. Kept the sangria and sent the paella back. Fish and chips was hard. As good as it gets, done properly, but absolutely abominable when it's not.   

I hope it was just 1 bad experience of Paella and didn't put you off it? its my favourite meal and i'm not sure i've ever had a bad one (Excluding ready meal Paella of course)

7 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I hope it was just 1 bad experience of Paella and didn't put you off it? its my favourite meal and i'm not sure i've ever had a bad one (Excluding ready meal Paella of course)

Can't imagine I'll ever eat another. In fact, despite a wonderful trip to Spain for the Sevilla match, I found all the food a disappointment. Not for the ingredients (there are very few foods I don't like) but for the indifferent standards of so-called professional catering. But then half the eat houses in any town would be closed if I had my way. Food, like football, should be something special. Not something instantly forgotten or regretted.    

On 22.3.2017 at 09:33, TiffToff88 said:

FINAL SCORES:

Paella 45 v 37 Peking Duck

Pavlova 40 v 42 Tagine

Jerk Chicken 37 - 45 Doner Kebab

Fish & Chips 69 v 13 Swedish Meatballs

Quarter Finals to be drawn shortly...

People with taste in here, I see.

Although the Pavlova vs. Tagine matchup was unfair.?

Archived