Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

For all the praise of Rodgers, Prescott came within a couple of inches of taking him to overtime after being down by 18. Superb performance from a rookie QB, showed the poise, leadership and skill of a ten year veteran. Future is bright for Dallas.

Not to mention Elliott showing potential too.

I hope to god this year it's an NFC winner in the Superbowl, can't stand the Steelers or the Patriots. Especially Brady. I say this begrudgingly, but he's the best QB ever and yet he is the most precious, whiny little (cheating) whore that ever played the game. 

On 1/16/2017 at 17:42, ajthefox said:

Not to mention Elliott showing potential too.

I hope to god this year it's an NFC winner in the Superbowl, can't stand the Steelers or the Patriots. Especially Brady. I say this begrudgingly, but he's the best QB ever and yet he is the most precious, whiny little (cheating) whore that ever played the game. 

I'll give you half a thumbs up on this as I agree about Brady, BUT I've been  a Steelers fan since I was 14, longer than I've supported my home State Seahawks. So when they're not playing the Seahawks I root for the Steelers. They have 4 empty digits to fill.

13 minutes ago, limeydale said:

I'll give you half a thumbs up on this as I agree about Brady, BUT I've been  a Steelers fan since I was 14, longer than I've supported my home State Seahawks. So when they're not playing the Seahawks I root for the Steelers. They have 4 empty digits to fill.

For what it's worth, I'm a Ravens fan and have grown to hate the Steelers through the rivalry in my time supporting them, but the rivalry is the only reason. It's hard to say but I do think Big Ben is a very good QB.

My contempt for the Patriots is for different reasons. 

Edited by ajthefox

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

For what it's worth, I'm a Ravens fan and have grown to hate the Steelers through the rivalry in my time supporting them, but the rivalry is the only reason. It's hard to say but I do think Big Ben is a very good QB.

My contempt for the Patriots is for different reasons. 

I love the Ravens Steelers rivalry always good games. Both great teams.

2 minutes ago, limeydale said:

I love the Ravens Steelers rivalry always good games. Both great teams.

The last game must've been brilliant for the neutral. I was chuffed when Juszczyk ran the ball in but for the Steelers to march down in not even 90 seconds and for Brown to score the way he did was devastating.

7 hours ago, limeydale said:

AAANd I went 0 fer 2 today, the way it goes sometimes.

Gonna have to go with Atlanta Falcons to win the Superbowl cuz can't stand Brady and co.

It would be nice to see the Falcons do it but i just cant see it. Should be a good game though.

Can't believe how one sided both games were. Falcons absolutely dominated the Packers.

Can't say I'm surprised the Steelers lost but to see them get blown out by the Patriots is a surprise, especially with the form of Brown. It's a shame they lost Bell as it would likely have been a different game had he not got injured.

Fingers crossed the Falcons win.

Managed to get to 3:30pm yesterday before accidentally ruining the results as I had the highlights recorded to watch. Gutted the Pats won. They're like this really dull and morally questionable machine who keep rolling on.

Falcons look absolutely incredible and hopefully two weeks of prep for NE will make no difference. Their offense seemed full of vigour and invention; and Julio Jones, what a man.

Anyone with more knowledge or read-up of it, if Pats win what are the chances of Brady retiring? Also, is Bill Belichick's tenure as HC going to end as soon as/not long after Brady does retire?

27 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Managed to get to 3:30pm yesterday before accidentally ruining the results as I had the highlights recorded to watch. Gutted the Pats won. They're like this really dull and morally questionable machine who keep rolling on.

Falcons look absolutely incredible and hopefully two weeks of prep for NE will make no difference. Their offense seemed full of vigour and invention; and Julio Jones, what a man.

Anyone with more knowledge or read-up of it, if Pats win what are the chances of Brady retiring? Also, is Bill Belichick's tenure as HC going to end as soon as/not long after Brady does retire?

I imagine Brady will want to be the first man to get 6 SB wins. There is discussion that Belichick will look to phase Brady out, especially with Garoppolo waiting in the wings, but I can't see that. Most likely scenario imo is Pats trading Garoppolo and keeping Brady at QB for another season at least.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FriendlyRam

I keep meaning to get to one of these but always put it off 

Will go to one eventually. But would hope to watch a better team than the Browns lol