Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

And heartbreak it is lol 

23-22 

blocked xtra point 

and fitzy making horrendous calls in the red zone 

another shite season on the way 

Tell me about it, imagine having a shit season last year because of injuries, including your star receiver going down with a lacerated kidney. Then first game this season, dominating one of your rivals, only to have the same star receiver go down with a torn ACL and lose after being up by three touchdowns. Long season ahead...again! 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Vikings have officially adopted the Iceland (or Motherwell) chant. Vikings/Iceland, see what they did there??

Interesting to see if an American crowd have the patience for that one.

If it works, it'll be awesome to see 

On 11 September 2016 at 22:53, lildave3 said:

Tell me about it, imagine having a shit season last year because of injuries, including your star receiver going down with a lacerated kidney. Then first game this season, dominating one of your rivals, only to have the same star receiver go down with a torn ACL and lose after being up by three touchdowns. Long season ahead...again! 

Just to add to this...Another week another ACL. 

15 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Few photos from the Ravens/Raiders game I was at on Sunday. Gutted to lose the way we did after fighting back to take the lead late on, but it was an incredible experience.

WP_20161002_12_47_42_Pro.jpgWP_20161002_14_01_58_Pro.jpgWP_20161002_12_50_19_Pro.jpg

Got to hand it to the Americans... they know how to build stadiums!

Edited by MPH

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to compare the Carolina Panthers and LCFC.

Panthers neglected to pay (and so lost to another team) one of their top defensive players, betting that younger, cheaper talent could pick up the slack. They've been exposed, as teams have been able to pass deep on the Panthers with relative impunity.

LCFC loses a key defensive player that forced teams to slow their pace and allowed a stabilization of the defense. Younger, cheaper talent was asked to carry the load, and LCFC have been exposed.

Panthers go from mediocre team to challengers for the NFL title. 

LCFC go from barely escaping relegation to winning the Premier League title.

Both teams experiencing a massive hangover.

• Like 1

Found myself watching the NFL more than spherical football so far this season, becoming a big fan. Struggling to nail down a team to follow though, the teams I initially liked a few years ago dont hold my interest after watching a lot more games this past year or so. I'm loving the 49'ers purely for Kaepernick & I've enjoyed watching the Redskins/Giants a lot too. 

AFC going to usual form. New England class of the field, Denver and Pittsburgh close but not close enough.

NFC is much more intriguing. Seahawks look a good bet to be in the Championship game at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how far Minnesota's defence can take them and Dallas playing great football but in a very competitive division.

Looking like we could get a rematch of Superbowl 49.

11 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Found myself watching the NFL more than spherical football so far this season, becoming a big fan. Struggling to nail down a team to follow though, the teams I initially liked a few years ago dont hold my interest after watching a lot more games this past year or so. I'm loving the 49'ers purely for Kaepernick & I've enjoyed watching the Redskins/Giants a lot too. 

Go for the 9'ers...I need rivals.