Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

2 minutes ago, limeydale said:

I've always been a defensive kinda guy, would rather be doing the hitting than getting hit.

We played a little a school I loved defence but if I'm honest it's a unit game defence and Your only as good as the weakest link in the unit and generally I was the weakest link lol 

i hate the pats but I love watching Brady , he is like watching Messi or Ronaldo when he is on fire and charging 

1 minute ago, limeydale said:

Dang, those are some nice seats bud. 45yd line?

Ya bang on it , it's a suite as well , 26 seats my business partner is a serious member of the flight crew , they service is crazy and plenty of the players and girls pop by after the game , I pray they win a championship for him it would mean so much to him and his family they were in Europe the week before Seahawks game 16 hours flight home from Rome and got in at 2am to house and were back at the stadium for tailgating  at 11.30am lol 

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

when he is on fire and charging

He seems to have found his rythm.

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ya bang on it , it's a suite as well , 26 seats my business partner is a serious member of the flight crew , they service is crazy and plenty of the players and girls pop by after the game , I pray they win a championship for him it would mean so much to him and his family they were in Europe the week before Seahawks game 16 hours flight home from Rome and got in at 2am to house and were back at the stadium for tailgating  at 11.30am lol 

That's serious fan dedication there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limeydale said:

He seems to have found his rythm.

That's serious fan dedication there.

Yea Brady is special  very special 

My man he is obsessed he played ball a bit and was decent self made man as well from the docks of New Jersey to a $300k a year suite at the jets all hard  work and Graft  , his wife and kids are all mental about the Jets as well , and it's funny the head office is surrounded by Giants fans and his best friends and Vice President of the company is a Giants fan his office is covered wall to wall in Giants stuff lol serious banter between them 

Haha nothing wrong with serious banter. Same thing happened with me when the Seahawks came into the league and all my friends started supporting them, I wasn't giving up my Steelers so easily or quick. Used to seriously piss them off when the teams played each other, me being the only Steelers fan in the room and Pittsburgh kicking their arse.

8 hours ago, limeydale said:

Haha nothing wrong with serious banter. Same thing happened with me when the Seahawks came into the league and all my friends started supporting them, I wasn't giving up my Steelers so easily or quick. Used to seriously piss them off when the teams played each other, me being the only Steelers fan in the room and Pittsburgh kicking their arse.

In fairness steelers fans get stick everywhere lol 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 1

Big win for the Ravens over the Steelers, was a shutout until the 4th. Somehow we're still in with a play-off shot, although it highlights how important the small margins are in the games we lost. Could easily be 6-2 right now and way ahead.

My Cowboys looking locked in for the play offs, only a Terrence Williams brain dump in week 1 from potentially being 8-0. If we can keep running the ball so well, I can't see why we won't go deep into the play offs. Unless of course Jerry forces his old pal Tony back into the team who will take a few games to shake off the rust. 

There's a clip of him doing it at uni and it worked but yeah, it was pretty bad!

I think they would argue they only had 45 seconds left so they needed something special and a slice of luck to tie the game so it was worth the risk.

Hilarious for the rest of the league though.

14 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Was difficult to watch Romo's interview as a cowboys's fan. This is pretty much his team, and to watch someone else take it and run with it must be difficult. Although the man showed some serious class there.

They probably need to trade Tony Romo. Every time Dak has a poor game or the cowboys lose it's going to be a whirlwind speculation of whether or not Romo is going to start. You don't want a divided locker room. This is Dak's team now. He's everything Romo is not: young, healthy, and he's cautious with the football. 

3 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

They probably need to trade Tony Romo. Every time Dak has a poor game or the cowboys lose it's going to be a whirlwind speculation of whether or not Romo is going to start. You don't want a divided locker room. This is Dak's team now. He's everything Romo is not: young, healthy, and he's cautious with the football. 

I'm not so sure. I think there will be a point in the run in when we will need him. Whether that be because of injury or otherwise. There is certainly no value in trading him this year.

1 hour ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

I'm not so sure. I think there will be a point in the run in when we will need him. Whether that be because of injury or otherwise. There is certainly no value in trading him this year.

Incoming way too long argument on why Tony Romo should be traded lol :

By trading Romo right now, you capitalize on two things: 

#1 - He's healthy. You play Romo right now and he gets re-injured, and suddenly you're back to Dak Prescott (who you just benched), and Romo's trade value is significantly diminished.

#2 - He hasn't declined yet. He's 36 and had a rough year in 2015. Right now, he hasn't played since returning from injury. If you play him and he's just as bad as he was in 2015, not only does your team suffer, but his value does as well. Trade him now and people will be trading for 2014 Tony Romo and not 2016 Tony Romo.

If you're not willing to do that, and you want him on the bench as an insurance policy this year if Dak gets hurt, fine. You're 8-1 and have a driver's seat on getting home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. This year could be the year. 

But if you plan on keeping Dak long term, you have to trade Romo before the next draft. There are a bunch of teams without QBs that would be willing to give up some very valuable draft picks to get an above average NFL QB. The Bengals got a 1st and 2nd round draft pick from the Raiders for Carson Palmer. Surely they paid too much, but it wouldn't be crazy to get a late first / early second and a mid round pick for him. Arizona and Denver might have Superbowl contending teams and think that Tony Romo is the piece they need to get there. You also have middling teams like Chicago and New York (jets) who could really use an improvement in the QB position. All of the need at Quarterback would drive up Romo's trade value. 

In addition, Romo has a huge cap hit. If you traded him before next year, you'd free up $5 million in 2017, $17 million in 2018, and $20 million in 2019. That money could be spent to lock up Dak/Zeke/Dez long term. Or you could blow it in the short term and go all out on the title. Maybe bring back Demarcus Ware? 

Edited by Detroit Blues