Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Didnt think Vikings would be the 5-0 team this season, particularly with those opening fixtures on paper at the start of the season and Bridgewater's injury. Bradford's been brilliant though.

Fancy the Vikings to nudge past Eagles away tomorrow evening.

Reckon its going to be a 13-3 / 14-2 season.

Philly showing Vikings offensive line not infallible. Philly regularly getting to the QB and disrupting passes.

More fumbles in this game than a virgin geeks first time with the most popular girl in school.

Edited by limeydale
additional commentary

This Wembley game between the Skins and the Bengals has been a brilliant watch since half time. 

5 touchdowns second half, gone into overtime and now down to the 2 minute warning because the Redskins kicker got iced and missed it from 34 yards!

Jets need a Quarterback. Unfortunately the only reliable way of getting one is by tanking, and they're already screwing that up. Cleveland, Chicago and SF could all be looking for quarterbacks in the top 3 picks.

Oh well, it's not a particularly strong QB class anyway. Deshone Kizer (Notre Dame) and Deshaun Watson (Clemson) are both pretty good, but nowhere near a "sure thing" like Andrew Luck was coming out of the draft.

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

Jets need a Quarterback. Unfortunately the only reliable way of getting one is by tanking, and they're already screwing that up. Cleveland, Chicago and SF could all be looking for quarterbacks in the top 3 picks.

Oh well, it's not a particularly strong QB class anyway. Deshone Kizer (Notre Dame) and Deshaun Watson (Clemson) are both pretty good, but nowhere near a "sure thing" like Andrew Luck was coming out of the draft.

Yip as above  I was hoping for a major tank and then get first round pick 

kizer will work for me I think he will develop into an exceptional player 

but im Irish so I'm bias ;) 

Edited by GaelicFox

7 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Kaepernick to the Jets? Think he needs a different team, don't see him working out at SF.

40 minutes ago, limeydale said:

Kaepernick to the Jets? Think he needs a different team, don't see him working out at SF.

Good shout I'm not sure he is the solution but , his current baggage might grow and that's a concern , the fans would give him a break in NJ that's for sure and if he made the team tick he would be forgiven anything really. 

Wen Rex was there I actually met him a couple of times and he said something very interesting he said the jersey was strangling to some players and I still feels that's the case 

35 minutes ago, limeydale said:

They were a great team when Rex was there, I rated him a lot. They were exciting to watch.

They were too inconsistent at times and Ryan ultimately became a pantomime villain for the owner and the hard core , I actually think Rex's only Real problem was a lack of connection and realialism with the fans and media and that pressure spilled over into the locker room 

rex was the best coach in the NFL in Rex's head lol 

Edited by GaelicFox

These are my seats when I visit ... it's an awesome stadium , concerts are also amazing at the MetLife 

picture was from the Seahawks game 

there was a massive Seahawks support in the stadium lot at least it sounded massive lol  

IMG_5252.JPG

Edited by GaelicFox