Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Team(s) you used to support

Did anyone support another team before finding leicester city?

or

does anyone have what's called a 'second team'.

Between the ages of 5-8 I supported a different club (not going to say who i'd be slaughtered) but aged 8 i found leicester city when i moved back here and will never change again. And in terms of a second team, england.

does anyone have what's called a 'second team'.

Between the ages of 5-8 I supported a different club (not going to say who i'd be slaughtered) but aged 8 i found leicester city when i moved back here and will never change again. And in terms of a second team, england.

Who was it? Not like someone's going to burn your house down for something you did age 6.

I was a Liverpool supporter as a kid and was a member of there fan club that got a montly newsletter lol. I had the LFC top with Crown Paints on and some shiny red shorts which were hilarious. I still look out for there results but it soon changed when I moved upto Leicester and started following the lads home and away.

BTW I still support more sides! I support Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus and Olympiakos from Greece due to my Greek/Cypriot parantage.

My dad, being a Man U fan, bought me up as a Man U fan, but as soon as he took me to a Leicester match, there was no more being a Man U fan! I'm actually the only city fan in the family, all my dads side Man U, all my Mums side Forest! Man U are kind of a second team, i like to see them do well, but I still hated them when they beat us 4 - 1!

I supported Liverpool when I was about 7 or 8 (~1986) (I even had the Crown Paints shirt!!) But every kid supported then in the 80's!!! I blame no LCFC support in my family, they are either rugby or nothing!!!

It wasn't until the Swindon play-offs that I started taking an interest, in my home team!!

My first ever game that I saw live at a stadium was Liverpool V Leeds in the Charity Shield and I had a soft spot for Liverpool. But the year after that my uncle took me to a City game and I have been hooked since!

Unashamedly, I follow the fortunes of The Cobblers (for six years we lived next door(ish) to the County Ground)...but I can't name you a single player in the squad or the manager. They are a team I will now look for the result of every weekend. I'll also seek out the fortunes of the Diamonds as I used to be on their books.

I have a soft spot for teams of friends and relations, unless we're playing them: Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Southampton, (F*rest), Southend, The Orient, Darlington, Sunderland and Exeter.

I was born a few hundred yards from Stamford Bridge and moved to Leicester when I was about 5. As a teen in the 60's I used to support Chelsea & Leicester, both had excellent footballing teams. I finally plumped for Leicester when they met in the 63 league cup final, which Chelsea won. I haven't looked back or regretted that decision since.

If I have a second team at all, although it's more a case of choosing a side to win when I'm watch games it would be Liverpool as my son in law is a mad fan and it makes my daughter's life happier if they're not losing.

Unashamedly, I follow the fortunes of The Cobblers (for six years we lived next door(ish) to the County Ground)...but I can't name you a single player in the squad or the manager. They are a team I will now look for the result of every weekend. I'll also seek out the fortunes of the Diamonds as I used to be on their books.

I have a soft spot for teams of friends and relations, unless we're playing them: Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Southampton, (F*rest), Southend, The Orient, Darlington, Sunderland and Exeter.

In what capacity?

Kit-man, Groundsman, Chef, MD, CEO?

Guest Gist

I've always liked Leicester and looked out for the results before I started attending games, but other than City I've never supported anyone else.

Archived