Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Claudio Fannieri

Member
  • Posts

    5,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri

  1. Something tells me Rudders is a goner, not sure Vards would say something like that otherwise, seems like the players will back Enzo and that makes it a fairly straight forward decision for Top. Enough is enough it would seem.
  2. So Enzo get us promoted and wins a championship but doesn’t have credit in the bank over a player who had an electric half a season and for the majority of his time has blown hot and cold and in this season has done little to contribute when given the chance.
  3. Interesting take as you seem to pan Enzo for every decision and have very exacting high standards, towards a manager who has led us to promotion and a trophy whilst seeming pretty dedicated and focused, yet happy to back slap a player who has mostly been inconsistent, had a 6 month purple patch when his first contract was expiring and then for the remainder of his time has had flashes of brilliance but on the whole has been average and at times looks like he can barely be arsed. Yes he should be remembered for his positive contributions over his time here but in truth he has been a bit of an enigma. He has been handsomely rewarded for what he has achieved for the club, but this season he has been disappointing and I think the time is absolutely right to say thanks but we cannot afford to carry anyone on big wages who has a 4/5 match purple run twice a season. We have to be ruthless, thanks for he memories but time to move on.
  4. Agreed the very fact the majority of the players love him speaks volumes for his man management, coaching and the buy in to his methods and philosophy. There is a real togetherness amongst the group and whilst it hasn’t been plain sailing, they have dug in and got over the line. Anyone who thinks this is as good as it gets under Enzo, will be quite shocked and surprised, I think another summer of refreshing the squad with players who fit his style and profile and another pre season of implementing his ideas and I think we will look a very different proposition next season. I still believe this season has seen him have to use lots of square pegs in round holes and make use of players that couldn’t be shifted, he was hamstrung by losing Casadei and not being able to replace him which left us woefully short of options in midfield especially when injuries and fatigue kicked in. For me his and his coaching teams attention to detail, preparation and ability to improve pretty much every player. albeit many have a ceiling, should not be underplayed. Yes he made mistakes along the way but he is a relatively new manager, but he will have leant and developed so much from the experiences of this season, I honestly think if we can keep him we will go from strength to strength. We have been crying out for a manager who will take an interest in promoting our a academy players and giving them a roadmap to the first team, we have finally got that, and he is also prepared to challenge other departments of the club that are not performing, are we sure we want to let a manager of that ilk walk away so easily to probably be replaced by a run of the mill has been who becomes just a puppet of the club. Not for me, I hope we keep him and he can really help shape the club in a similar way to Pearson and lay down some really strong foundations for the future. Remember Pearson split opinion amongst the fanbase and at times could be stubborn and have questionable runs of form but much in the same way the players loved him and he set such high standards and expectations that led to our greatest ever achievement. I see a lot of similarities between Enzo and Nige in the fact they both inherited a right old basket case of a club and through hard work, dedication and a fair amount of bloody mindedness, dragged it kicking and screaming into a bright new era. I really ain’t sure I want to see Enzo leave as he is our best hope of getting this club back on track and becoming a forward thinking innovative club again.
  5. I think he came on against Birmingham in the FA Cup and then started against Bournemouth in same competition, don’t think he made the bench for any EFL games
  6. Personally I think it’s the right time to part ways, we need to freshen things up and too be honest he is too inconsistent, when he is hot he can be excellent but all too often when he is cold, he looks like he can’t be arsed and has won a competition to be a football player for the day. Frees up budget to bring in fresh blood. I think he will end up as a benchwarmer somewhere like Villa or Newcastle or end up in Turkey. Quite a frustrating player and this season it’s felt like his heart hasn’t never really been it, ideally should have gone last summer even if for a nominal fee, this season has been Tielemans vibes.
  7. I agree i thought the same thing, I didn’t see him on the pitch, although he was at Preston. Personally I think Enzo has played a blinder, by calling out the lack of communication about PSR breaches and finances in regards the January transfer window, it cannot be ignored, Top has a very good manager in place who if we can retain for a period of 3/4 years will not only have us playing very good football but will also massively raise the standards and expectations of all aspects of the footballing side of the club including the sports science, analytics, academy and how we do our transfer business. Top has to act and for that reason I do think Rudders will be forced out and/or have his wings clipped this summer, depending on how long this has been bubbling will influence whether he goes immediately or whether it’s a phased exit to align with recruitment of his replacement, unless the club go for someone available who maybe understands the club. I felt it was telling he appeared to be absent from the celebrations yesterday which maybe suggests some serious conversations have already taken place between Enzo and Top and Rudkin since Monday.
  8. Too be fair I am giving everyone a free hit, on this, we had done the business and you could sense that we were 5/10% off it and I include the fans as well, it was almost like the game got in the way. However with the exception of the first 10 minutes and the 2 goals I thought we played ok,. Truth is we made emotionally driven subs that wouldn’t normally happen which also impacted our tempo and fluidity. However we still created more than enough chances to win. I am not sure either goal is scored if there was anything riding on the result because Vesty would have wiped out Smodiczs and taken a yellow (if he had done that yesterday then I think that would have been 15 yellows and a 3 game ban incoming) and Mads also would have done the same for the 2nd but would have been sent off and 3 game ban which in the circumstances would have been complete and utter stupidity. Of course it was disappointing to lose and end the season with a defeat but I am not going to start being all reactionary and I would hope decisions about what we need and who we retain for next season is being based on data and analysis of the 46 game season as a whole.
  9. Not sure if he is gettable but Matt O’Reilly as one of the 8’s transfermarkrt has him valued at around €13m
  10. Absolutely superb effort by Union FS and everybody involved. It looked magnificent 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  11. He has done ok for us and his ability to win the ball high up has been useful, but technically miles off what an 8 could and should be doing in an Enzo team, personally I would say goodbye and use the funds to bring in a player who fits the profile and can bring more goal involvements
  12. I had this discussion with my lad this morning, I think he is one of those players who has had an absolute freak season and I think he will be a bit of a flop at premier league level, my lad disagreed. Then sammie bags a brace and my lad is smug as, however I still think it. It’s a no for me
  13. You miserable bugger 😂😂
  14. But top and bottom is we didn’t blow it. So Enzo deserves credit it wasn’t a foregone conclusion, however for context I think what McKenna has achieved with Ipswich tops what Enzo has achieved. Winning leagues isn’t easy regardless of squad values, wage costs etc, of course Enzo had a very squad to work with but he still had to find the right formula.
  15. It was the same person who posted the initial pic and then later laughed saying it ain’t the sponsor. Just assumed they had posted initial pic as some sort of ITK hint
  16. Wonder if there is a possibility he stays if KDH does move on, as that would be the last of the little clique gone that were accused of freezing him out when he joined……..
  17. Care to elaborate? Are they investing? Stadium or training ground sponsor? potential new owners?
  18. Hallelujah, completely agree, it’s not about spending big but investing and recruiting well for players who fit the profile. Hermansen, Maviddi, Fatawu and Yunus have all come in without costing 20m+ each and are pretty good for Enzo ball, there is no reason we cannot find more players of this ilk moving forward difference is with premier league football on offer may open up new possibilities.
  19. Absolute legend one of my fave ever Leicester players, would love to see him return in some sort of coaching capacity.
  20. Would probably end up blocking Vardy’s Tifo 😂
  21. I don’t think he is leaving but I do think he is quite in his right to call out certain elements of the club if they are being run like a complete and utter shit show by rank amateurs, let’s hope Top realises he has a good one and after mess the club has ended up he backs his man and bins off Rudders. I have a feeling this summer will see a fair bit of upheaval and change but for the better.
  22. I think if JJ is potentially available then there will be other interested parties in and around mid to lower end prem teams, which potentially does then strengthen a potential rival but I agree we have every chance of getting circa £15m for him which would be pretty much all profit for a player who is possibly deemed as expendable
  23. Would be a cracking signing., free transfer, technically very good and would thrive in Enzo Ball. Just coming into his prime, all in all just the kind of signing we need to be making. Just hope we are sensible with wages.
  24. That was my thinking as well although I am far from an expert and @st albans fox does seem very knowledgeable on the finance side.
  25. I wonder if Casadei will be on our list of summer targets either on loan or as a permanent deal. Enzo clearly rated him and I honestly think as the season progressed he would have become more and more part of the first XI had he stayed at the club.
×
×
  • Create New...