Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. You’ll be fine with our fans. They have 2 settings, silent or seal clap. Clap when we concede, clap when we lose, clap when we get relegated and most definitely clap a want away player who told his own fans to f*** off. So whether the tribute is a silence or an applause, you won’t have an issue with our lot!
  2. We’re one of the worst teams this division has seen for some time. I’d be inclined to say that we are so bad, not beating us in isolation is deserving of missing out on promotion.
  3. Probably does. He made his debut for Spurs the season after we won the title. He’d have been in and around the first team and will have been infected by their pettiness and bitterness. His signing is a massive black mark against Maresca for me. We had the opportunity to do things differently that summer and we could still have gone back up by signing players with something to prove and who wanted to be here. And the new contract for Vestergaard. Even the good signings technically (Hermansen and Fatawu) didn’t/haven’t solved the mental strength issue. We just doubled down on the same issues didn’t we, overpaid fees, overpaid wages, players either not wanting to be here or not adding leaders and mentally strong winners.
  4. Again, I agree in principle and I’d love us to have a United fan base. This is more damaging than anything else. Players, managers and owners come and go but the fan base it the constant and right now it is broken. But I’d say it’s still relevant. The ‘change’ campaign did not turn on the ‘KP stay’ supporters. People innocently making their point getting turned on physically and verbally not relevant? Which side of the debate are behaving like any other fanbase of a club getting run to the ground? Did Portsmouth, Derby, Wednesday, Bury etc fans sit by and say this is ok or did they speak out? Also, which side of the debate is able to give coherent arguments for their views? The change one of course. Careful what you wise for, we won the league 10 years ago etc are not strong arguments to what is happening now. Those pushing for change need to of course keep it factual and I’m absolutely not in favour of foul language and abuse and the stuff that turns many people off. Keep it factual, keep it clean. But the facts are, those speaking out for change, if done in the right way, have a really solid case. Those spitting their dummy and going out their way to attack that movement, really don’t.
  5. All this is correct. But the underlying tone suggests that you are very much trying to suggest that the side who want change are causing this and the problem rather than it being the two way street it is. I think it was yourself I commented to on maybe Saturday, you’d have to check your notifications. But basically tracing how all this started and it stems from the lack of tolerance from those who can’t see any wrong with the owner becoming aggressive and shouting down/attacking those speaking out. The lack of tolerance from those of us who want change towards those who don’t, has stemmed and grown to the point of being toxic from their original actions.
  6. But it’s ok for younger fans to be forced out and not accepted or get the opportunity to enjoy a fun and boisterous atmosphere because we have a older fan base who want to sit in silence apart from the odd polite applause? And it’s ok for fans to not feel safe expressing dissatisfaction due to the fear of being physically assaulted by other supporters?
  7. It really isn’t a subject I can get enthused about. We know this will rumble on. The one positive if you can even call it that, of us knowing our fate quite early is that we have time to turn that into an advantage and get the ball rolling early. But you know that they just won’t have even accepted relegation yet let alone thought about this. It will likely be well into June before we even hear anything official about Rowett which will be that he is not staying. New manager will not be announced until maybe the second week in July if we are lucky. And all for what? We know whoever it is will fail. We’re going to do through all this for whoever it is to be binned in February time with us languishing in the bottom half. Vile club.
  8. Absolutely joke of a page. Pisstake. They are back in numbers and backing their team/club because they have already got rid of their toxic Thai owner after their protests and boycotts. They have light at the end of the tunnel while we head further into the dark. These type posting this like are rewriting history to pretend none of that happened. I think most intelligent people, football and in life and in our own and other fan bases now can see we are right. Obviously you have Cov and Forest fans more bothered about our downfall than their own clubs. Otherwise, anyone from another fan base saying this crap are literally their own clubs happy clappers and their own clubs are as unfortunate to have them as we are with the KP lot.
  9. I literally saw a Wednesday fan saying this and saying not like Wednesday fans getting behind their team. I also saw a Leicester KP type saying the same. Are these people oblivious to the fact Wednesday fans literally boycotted and protested to get their toxic owner out? I mean the KP fan probably has no clue about wider football but even then likely clapped the Wednesday fans during their protest on the opening day. The Wednesday fan should definitely know better. Presumably they were one of the handful of people who ignored their own efforts to protest and still turned up on their own in the stadium.
  10. To be fair, it’s the clubs fault either way and nobody in the right mind can find another explanation. Either it’s their fault for breaking the rules and having the points deduction or it’s their fault for signing awful players with crap attitudes and incompetent managers time after time. Take your pick as to which…. I’m thinking it’s better we get hammered by Blackburn for maximum humiliation. We saw last season that picking up some points after an early relegation did us no good as they just assumed we’d dominate the league again and they didn’t need to invest in the squad (even using the loan market wisely if funds were restricted). Maximum humiliation is most likely to force change if anything is going to.
  11. I have tried to give these people the benefit of the doubt intelligence wise, and have even said I’m sure most are probably intelligent people away from football. But the level of written English from people who are backing the ownership tends to be similar to this above. Really inarticulate and poor level/grasp of the language. So I think many of them are just unintelligent full stop.
  12. Given he had said clapping those culpable, they would suggest the implication is not that the fans are more at fault than the ownership and senior management. They have just allowed it and supported it.
  13. You’re right. Whilst I’m sure if he stayed fit, he’d dominate L1, he could easily get crocked again 2 games in and we are paying his wages for him not to play again. I reckon we’ll end up having to start from scratch at centre back anyway. They will all be looking for moves away and I could see us just being left with Wilson-Brown and Gray. So we will need to try and find a senior defender from somewhere….
  14. You’re correct that Leicester only got 4 points in the 1939/40 season. However, given that was from a season that lasted 3 games before being abandoned when Britain entered WW11, and that first 3 games had resulted in 2 wins and a defeat (2 points for a win of course) and were sat towards the top of the first division, I think we can give that season a pass from the history books if we are looking at lowest points tallies
  15. Hope for him he gets a move with a year left on his contract but won’t really make us much. I think he’ll go on to do well elsewhere where it’s not a toxic cesspit. His card is marked with supporters though so he’s done here.
  16. Hopefully both see increased numbers supporting and revenue from people who have turned their backs on Leicester. Both more deserving of the support and more rewarding to follow.
  17. Thing is, it started as people showing dissatisfaction at the issues with the club, calling for responsibility to be taken with Rudkin the main target. At the start, nobody was calling directly for KP to leave nor mocking the other fans, I.e KP etc now. This was met with aggression by those venomously defending the ownership, including physical assault and ripping banners away etc. As things have got worse, KP themselves have rightly been called out but the fans who have been aggressive have been met with increasing resistance back. Unless you disagree with being the order of events, it is clear that the escalation and divide was initiated by those defending the owner (which is an increasingly odd perspective anyway).
  18. I guess it depends what we class as relegation battle. I’d probably agree with your assessment as by relegation battle, we are probably talking about late in the season. However, was it February when we dropped into the bottom 3 under Ranieri and sacked him after about 6 winless games after the new year. Then we had a bad start the season after under Shakey and sacked him. Then Puel had us heading towards there. So although Vichai acted decisively when needed so it never ended up as a late in the season fight for survival, we never really seemed that secure. But I guess that can be said for a lot of clubs.
  19. Agreed. They feel like rival supporters. I have so much more dislike towards them than Forest/Cov fans. I don’t see how we can all support the same club going forward, I really don’t.
  20. I’ve seen a few comments across the forum about an older couple with a grown up son who are KP. Could be….
  21. Got to be related to another of the usual suspects if you know who I mean? Would make sense….
  22. Initials of the guy in question SS? You’ve given a club to the first name elsewhere….
  23. It shouldn’t make a difference (Millwall equaliser). You have 2 games in hand and 3 games left to their 1. I see they have Oxford at home last game so you can assume 3 points to them there. But still, if you can’t make up 1 point from 2 games in hand, you don’t really deserve to go up! Anyway, not really arsed who goes up. Millwall look to be in a bit of a false position. Southampton have been in excellent form for a while and charged up the league so as a neutral, maybe they deserve it. But they would have to beat you to make it possible. I just wanted Millwall to smash us last night to run the humiliation of this relegation in so I am glad we didn’t win.
  24. Exactly. Alive then yes. Supported the club that long, by which I mean actively supporting and attending, no. I started around 2002 so seen all the worst moments. The lowest crowds I remember were those early FA cup games in the last L1 season, about 7000 at the Walkers for Stevenage and Dagenham games. Where we all those loyal supporters then?
  25. Guy over on the plane thread on here quoting the same year. I had to spell it out, doesn’t make you a better fan or your view more important, it must means you’re an older person. That’s all! The vast majority of these lot who say how long they have supported. I’ve not doubt they are that old. But I’d also confidently say most of them wouldn’t have actively been supporting the club and only tagged along circa 2014 when the attendances shot up but use their age to pretend they have been active supporters all that time. And it’s meaningless anyway. Every single high and low point has happened since 2000, or maybe a couple of years before that if we want to include the MON time. I’ve said it before but of you’ve been around since 2000 to now, what haven’t you seen that those who were between 1975 and 2000 did? Few promotions and relegations between the top and second tier. That’s it.
×
×
  • Create New...