Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Essien won't come back to the premier league though as he says he couldn't play for a side other than chelsea. Not going to happen unfortunately,as even if hes half the player he was at chelsea he would be a great signing. turned down qpr and west brom already for that reason. Muntari is 2 years younger and I think we could get him.

Essien won't come back to the premier league though as he says he couldn't play for a side other than chelsea. Not going to happen unfortunately,as even if hes half the player he was at chelsea he would be a great signing. turned down qpr and west brom already for that reason. Muntari is 2 years younger and I think we could get him.

Fair play,didn't consider that. Makes sense though. Bit of a gutter though,him and EC in CM would be outstanding!

Muntari is a good shout though.

Muntari and Essien are being discarded by a mid-table Milan side because they aren't good enough. From what I've read online from Milan fans they've both been poor when they've featured this season. I also imagine both would be expecting upwards of £50k a week as well.

Muntari and Essien are being discarded by a mid-table Milan side because they aren't good enough. From what I've read online from Milan fans they've both been poor when they've featured this season. I also imagine both would be expecting upwards of £50k a week as well.

Great post Haydos.

These two are players we DO NOT need.

Milan are currently a poor side (relative for AC).. If they want to offload Essien, for instance, he wouldn't cut it in the Prem IMO.

We would need to spend proper money on some younger, quality players.

Personally, if at all possible, I'd push the boat out to get Troy Deeney. He has got so much to prove at the higher level.

I'd also look to get a quality playmaker (at present, I'm not sure who though), Robert Huth, two new full backs and a left winger.

Who such players may be would become more apparent as the seasons finish.

Great post Haydos.

Milan are currently a poor side (relative for AC).. If they want to offload Essien, for instance, he wouldn't cut it in the Prem IMO.

Personally, if at all possible, I'd push the boat out to get Troy Deeney. He has got so much to prove at the higher level.

I'd also look to get a quality playmaker (at present, I'm not sure who though), Robert Huth, two new full backs and a left winger.

I think it's hard to play with an out-and-out playmaker in a 4-4-2 when you're of 'our' standard. It can even be difficult for teams like Utd. 

Anyone you have in mind? I don't see any reason why Mahrez couldn't slip into this role. I just don't see Pearson converting unless there are some big signings and some evolution over the summer. Cambiasso can serve well enough as a playmaker I think but he's not going to be around forever. 

Is there any team in the Prem at the moment that plays with a 4-4-2 and a roaming playmaker rather than a deeper lying one like Cambi?

Great post Haydos.

Would Deeney really come though? Setting aside my own Leicester bias, I can't see why he'd swap a relegation battle with the promoted champions that adore him for (what he's likely to believe is) a relegation battle with a different team they bizarrely consider to be rivals. More than that, I really think we have other priorities than striker, but if we do go in for one it'll have to be a special one...

Flamini is a very physical player.

Hmm, a few years ago but he's 5'11 (i think) had a few injury problems and obviously he's not going to be particularly quick which wouldn't be problematic if he was partnered by James, Drinky or Cambiasso

I was thinking more Jedinak/Fellaini style of physicality

Two things- 1) Cambiasso was discarded and called crap from a mid table Inter side, he didnt turn out too bad, and 2)On sky today it said Essien was looking for a move back to England

He definitely wasn't called crap. Read any views from inter fans, 90% were sad to see him go.

Secondly, Muntari and Essien are not Esteban Cambiasso. Essien had about 3 good years at Chelsea, that's about it. Muntari used to play for Portsmouth.

M'villa is available on a free,I'm sure. Wether or not we could get him,I'm not sure.

If we were to go for a ST Andre-pierre Gignac is also a bosman.....

With Huth potentially available for cheap, those 3 for next to nothing would free up cash for a good LB,LW and maybe another few positions....

I'd rather players who are on the way up rather than down, unless they are exceptional like Cambiasso.

Wouldn't be against us having a look towards Spain either. The league's absolutely full of talent.

Two things- 1) Cambiasso was discarded and called crap from a mid table Inter side, he didnt turn out too bad, and 2)On sky today it said Essien was looking for a move back to England

Quite clearly a poor decision in hindsight. No-one's telling me Gary Medel is better.

M'villa is available on a free,I'm sure. Wether or not we could get him,I'm not sure.

If we were to go for a ST Andre-pierre Gignac is also a bosman.....

With Huth potentially available for cheap, those 3 for next to nothing would free up cash for a good LB,LW and maybe another few positions....

If Yann M'Villa is available on a free, then its a player I'd like to see here. Although, his wages could be ridiculous. Seem to remember him playing in Russia for a while.

If Yann M'Villa is available on a free, then its a player I'd like to see here. Although, his wages could be ridiculous. Seem to remember him playing in Russia for a while.

That's what i expected too but a quick search said he earnes €1.2m last year,which translates to being very affordable!

I imagine that a lot of other clubs would be interested though.

He definitely wasn't called crap. Read any views from inter fans, 90% were sad to see him go.

Secondly, Muntari and Essien are not Esteban Cambiasso. Essien had about 3 good years at Chelsea, that's about it. Muntari used to play for Portsmouth.

I hear that Franz Beckenbauer and Michel Platini are available. Imagine them alongside Cambiasso.

That's what i expected too but a quick search said he earnes €1.2m last year,which translates to being very affordable!

I imagine that a lot of other clubs would be interested though.

Just done a quick google search, QPR and Swansea were both interested in January, so I should imagine we'd be in with a chance if we were interested. These are the sort of players we need to make the step up in class really.

Esteban and M'Villa in midfield would be awesome.

I remember when Frank McClintock brought in the old but used to be good brigade. It doesn't work.

Doesnt M'Vila have serious attitude problems on a Jermaine Beckford standard? Cant imagine Pearson wanting him if so

Again, from everything I read it seems like it.Had a lot of potential, under performed and squandered opportunities and ended up moving to Russia for money. Not up Nigel's street I would bet.

Archived