Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Think Hernandez is a bit over-rated although I think he'd be good enough for someone like us. Wages might be an issue though.

If we're signing someone Mexican then lets bag the superior Vela or Gio Dos Santos. Admittedly both are too good for us.

I quite like the idea of looking to South America. Some real value to be had out there. I don't get why English clubs wait for Spain to buy them all first and then buy them for five times more from the Spanish club.

Lucas Romero is someone I haven't seen play, though highly rated by all accounts. Can't really say for sure without actually watching him but I agree with whoever said that it's the kind of player we ought to go for. It isn't that unrealistic either I don't think. He's in a similar kind of category to Kramaric.

I agree that there is a conveyor belt that comes out of South America

I think that moving to Spain, Italy for example (ignoring the work permit issues and just looking purely at football) integrates them into European football more easily than the jump straight from South America into the Premier League. Whether this be a language, culture, football style issue, the majority of the best South American's have a bit of European experience behind them before they make their move to England.

I would say the obvious example of success would be Oscar. Carlos Tevez another. But there have also been some highly talented South Americans that have come straight from Argentina/Brazil and found it tough. Diego Forlan came over with a lethal reputation and struggled. As did Juan Pablo Angel.

Id have to say Southampton get the better end of the deal for me there.

Javier Hernandez is a class act, and im sure they will dip into Holland, Italy, France and pick up a decent right back.

What theyve lacked is goals, and id be amazed if he doesnt give them that.

Great deal for southampton if he does go there. His goal to minutes ratio must be one of the highest in all the top leagues. Only played a few games this season. Then scores the winner in the champions league last night. Yes it was a tap in but still have to get in the right position.

Just strange he was never been able to play regularly at Man U. Real Madrid have to start Benzema cause he's a big name and the politics there but when he plays he scores. Can't see Man u selling to a top 6 club, they want 7.5m as he has a season left on his contract.

He's guarenteed 15-20 goals a season so it's a steal for a proven prem goalscorer. Especially with some of the crazy sums like 20m for lovren. Wages will no doubt be high though.

I agree that there is a conveyor belt that comes out of South America

I think that moving to Spain, Italy for example (ignoring the work permit issues and just looking purely at football) integrates them into European football more easily than the jump straight from South America into the Premier League. Whether this be a language, culture, football style issue, the majority of the best South American's have a bit of European experience behind them before they make their move to England.

I would say the obvious example of success would be Oscar. Carlos Tevez another. But there have also been some highly talented South Americans that have come straight from Argentina/Brazil and found it tough. Diego Forlan came over with a lethal reputation and struggled. As did Juan Pablo Angel.

I remember thinking villa had pulled the coup of the century when they signed Juan Pablo Angel prolific before and after Villa but just didn't work here. Still convinced the climate has something to do with it. Some players adapt better than others perhaps a stint in Spain, Portugal, France is like a half way house.... when Deco 1st went chelsea he looked world class then as soon as it got to winter on came the gloves and he was useless.

Think Hernandez is a bit over-rated although I think he'd be good enough for someone like us. Wages might be an issue though.

If we're signing someone Mexican then lets bag the superior Vela or Gio Dos Santos. Admittedly both are too good for us.

I quite like the idea of looking to South America. Some real value to be had out there. I don't get why English clubs wait for Spain to buy them all first and then buy them for five times more from the Spanish club.

Lucas Romero is someone I haven't seen play, though highly rated by all accounts. Can't really say for sure without actually watching him but I agree with whoever said that it's the kind of player we ought to go for. It isn't that unrealistic either I don't think. He's in a similar kind

of category to Kramaric.

In terms of finishing Hernandez is way, way, way better than both dos santos and vela. Admittedly santos is an attacking midfielder but I would take Hernandez over him no questions asked as there are not many strikers in the world proven in the prem that can bag 15-20 goals a season. Even falcao has struggled to adjust to the prem and look at his record elsewhere. Bringing any player over is a gamble. He's proven

------------------------------------------------------------------Valdes----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------Ritchie De Laet---------------------Huth-----------------------Alvarez Balanta--------------------------------Olsson------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------Lucas Romero----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Esteban Cambiasso---------------------------Jonjo Shelvey-----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------Lionel Messi-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------Kramaric--------------Ronaldo---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasper

Wasyl

Trippier

James

King

Nugent

Suarez

My team for 15/16 season with Leicester on FM15 Handheld. I had to create 4 worldclass 16 year olds and sell them for 45Million a piece to afford it.... I did hear we had 180Mill somewhere though right?

Get it done!

------------------------------------------------------------------Valdes----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------Ritchie De Laet---------------------Huth-----------------------Alvarez Balanta--------------------------------Olsson------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------Lucas Romero----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Esteban Cambiasso---------------------------Jonjo Shelvey-----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------Lionel Messi-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------Kramaric--------------Ronaldo---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasper

Wasyl

Trippier

James

King

Nugent

Suarez

I think you'll struggle to keep hold of Andy King tbh

I think you'll struggle to keep hold of Andy King tbh

No word of a lie I got one of those e-mails through on FM a few minutes ago with Andy King talking to the press about how fed up he is of not getting any football and that he couldn't understand how a player of his ability is being kept on the sidelines.

Gazzaniga not flourished at Soton. Usually would shy away from giant goalkeepers after a certain one in our history but Gazzaniga was supposed to be top quality. Has looked shaky at Soton but still young and learning, could be a decent investment.

My squad for next year if we stay up (and Hull go down)

GK, Schwarzer

Kasp

Hammer

LB, Andrew Robertson

Ben Chilwell

RB, RDL

Simpson

CB, Van Dijk

Morgan

Huth

Moore

Wasyl

LM, Schlupp

Sako

RM, Mahrez

Albrighton

CM, Cambiasso

James

Drinkwater

King

Livermore

ST, Ulloa

Kramaric

Vardy

Nugent

Jelavic

Obviously,that's 26 but a couple of U21 there too....

I would get rid of Konchesky,Upson,Hammond,Bagayogo,Wood and Knockhaert getting whatever I could for any of them....

I would sign Jelavic,Livermore and Robertson, offering Hull like 15/16m for the lot. Van Dijk would be my BIG buy,prob have to pay about 7/8m for him, Huth,prob about 1m and Sako.... Say 5/6m? So prob about £30m all in, which seems like a lot but not THAT much more than this season with some decent wages going with the players we would sell.

My squad for next year if we stay up (and Hull go down)

GK, Schwarzer

Kasp

Hammer

LB, Andrew Robertson

Ben Chilwell

RB, RDL

Simpson

CB, Van Dijk

Morgan

Huth

Moore

Wasyl

LM, Schlupp

Sako

RM, Mahrez

Albrighton

CM, Cambiasso

James

Drinkwater

King

Livermore

ST, Ulloa

Kramaric

Vardy

Nugent

Jelavic

Obviously,that's 26 but a couple of U21 there too....

I would get rid of Konchesky,Upson,Hammond,Bagayogo,Wood and Knockhaert getting whatever I could for any of them....

I would sign Jelavic,Livermore and Robertson, offering Hull like 15/16m for the lot. Van Dijk would be my BIG buy,prob have to pay about 7/8m for him, Huth,prob about 1m and Sako.... Say 5/6m? So prob about £30m all in, which seems like a lot but not THAT much more than this season with some decent wages going with the players we would sell.

All that work and you keep DS and RDL.

We cannot afford to have that weakness next season.

Huth 

Curtis Davies

Trippier

If we continue the 3 at the back next season, we need to sign a third center back too. Wasyl, Morgan, Huth, Curtis Davies, and another center back please. Liam Moore should go out on loan to prove he's up to the challenge and replace Wasyl the following season when he's nearing retirement.

Think we will try and get Ings, we have shown interest in the past. IMO he is not good enough for Liverpool or Man City yet, and I can't see him going abroad. Whether he will want to sign for us is another matter. But it would be a classic Pearson signing, bringing in a clearly talented individual on the cheap (free in the summer). Think Pearson can make him into a better player tbh.

Someone made a good shout about Marcell Jansen. The exact type of player we should be looking at. An experienced international, that can play leftback/left midfield. Would fit perfectly in the left wing back role if we continue our 3-4-1-2 formation next season. He's built like a tank and has got a sweet left foot. Also available on a free in the summer. Trippier down one wing, and Jansen down the other would cause alot of problems for teams. That could be a great combination right there.

Romero on paper sounds like a good shout. But thats on paper. I doubt any of us have seen him play, but it makes sense.. the young argentine rocking up in central midfield next to Esteban. Again, sounds great on paper. But how many of us have seen the kid play? 

I'd like us to go in for another target man, possibly Ruby Gestede, or maybe Yussuf Poulsen might be the type of player we need hence the scouts.. Or Benik Afobe if he wants premiership football. From what I've seen this season, Afobe reminds me of a young.. Emile Heskey.. Similiar build.. Strong.. Powerful.. Athletic. Would be a great partner alongside Vardy. Only signed for Wolves in January I know and would cost a bit, but I think it would be good business as he's clearly talented. 

So, tldr;

Huth

Curtis Davies (Replace Upson)

Another CB (Replace Moore)

Trippier - RB (Replace Simpson)

Marcell Jansen - LB (Replace Konch)

Another CM (Replace Hammond?)

Target Man - Afobe or Gestede or Poulsen (Replace Wood)

Ings (Compete for starting place with Vardy)

People will say.. 8 signings is alot. I agree. But this team needs improving .. With quality. I hope we continue using the 3-4-1-2 formation next season and have Kramaric/Nugent competing for the number 10 spot, just behind the two strikers. But also we must keep players in the squad we can utilise if we need to switch to the 4-2-3-1/4-4-2, IE: Mahrez, Albrighton.

We are going to need to unearth some gems or get the cheque book out. If we want to cut it in this division we need to address the whole back line.

I'd want three new defenders minimum a first choice right and left sided player and another central defender. (Seeing Coleman for Everton yesterday made me think yeah, that'd do!)

In the middle, if we can retain Cambiasso's services for one more season that'd be great but if even if not we need a new young general who can create - this is the position I expect to cost circa £15 million. 

I'd like a pacy winger who can play either side - I'm not convinced by Geoff, sadly and Albrighton is okay (Mahrez if he were to stay fits in to the side somewhere else I think) (Again, watching Lennon yesterday for Everton made me think we missed out there)

Lastly, we have a whole bunch of strikers and I'm not sure what we do with them. All are handy on their day with different attributes but an addition that can do it all would benefit the squad.

£40 million please Top out of that £180 million 7 year plan you mentioned!

Archived