Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Neither are good enough for us.

Thank you for your input chief scout.

One thing though, they mentioned on the radio that Cambisso handed a chart to Nigel detailing the run that we needed to go on to stay up. I wouldn't put it pat him recommending some gems from South America for us to pick up - having cambiasso as a selling point would work wonders!

One thing though, they mentioned on the radio that Cambisso handed a chart to Nigel detailing the run that we needed to go on to stay up. I wouldn't put it pat him recommending some gems from South America for us to pick up - having cambiasso as a selling point would work wonders!

What did it say?

We need to win 4 in a row and then lose to Chelsea and then win 4 in a row again.

What did it say?

We need to win 4 in a row and then lose to Chelsea and then win 4 in a row again.

Agreed.  :D

It would hardly be revelation this chart.

Anyone who has done a predictor thing knows it's all bollocks and out of date again with the next round of matches.

Who would have thought Hull would have got six points in a few days after playing Palace away and Liverpool at home.

I'd love to see us spend our budget on South American talent, two or three players who are great prospects.

Great value for money, English talent is way overpriced, Adam Lallana for £25mill FFS.

Agreed.  :D

It would hardly be revelation this chart.

Anyone who has done a predictor thing knows it's all bollocks and out of date again with the next round of matches.

Who would have thought Hull would have got six points in a few days after playing Palace away and Liverpool at home.

Yet when I was telling you that we needed to beat Swansea and Burnley you continually told me a draw in each would be a good result. If that'd happened we'd be 3 points off safety and sunderland a game in hand.

Perhaps you'll start agreeing with me now - we need to beat BOTH Newcastle and Sunderland and may still need somehting from QPR.

I'd love to see us spend our budget on South American talent, two or three players who are great prospects.

Great value for money, English talent is way overpriced, Adam Lallana for £25mill FFS.

Well we certainly don't need English but there are a lot of other countries we could be picking from.

OK there's a couple of high profile players in the league now, but they're notoriously bad at settling in the English leagues, basing our future on a 2 or 3 key upgrades could be genius or tragic

Yet when I was telling you that we needed to beat Swansea and Burnley you continually told me a draw in each would be a good result. If that'd happened we'd be 3 points off safety and sunderland a game in hand.

Perhaps you'll start agreeing with me now - we need to beat BOTH Newcastle and Sunderland and may still need somehting from QPR.

Wrong.

You said our relegation rivals would be "shitting themselves" if we took a point off Swansea at home and you were happy for us to take a point. I said there's no way we should be happy with a point against the "Welsh Barcelona"  as it was one of our most winnable games left.

You said Burnley was a "must win" and I said a draw is a good result for us.

I'm very pleased we won but I still maintain a draw would have been a good result for us. It kept Burnley behind us and took one of their valuable and winnable home games away. We would still have been a point away from Sunderland with a far easier run in. If we lost it we would have two teams to overtake.

As it stands only a win against Newcastle is acceptable.

As things stand I would also take a draw against Sunderland if it was offered now, we don't NEED to beat them. 

Nowhere near worth the wages he'd command.

If QPR go down he won't get anywhere near the wages he is on now. He's going to have to play somewhere and it's not going to be for a top side so unless he goes abroad which is unlikely I can't see him getting offered a huge wage.

If QPR go down he won't get anywhere near the wages he is on now. He's going to have to play somewhere and it's not going to be for a top side so unless he goes abroad which is unlikely I can't see him getting offered a huge wage.

Galatasaray are favourites, apparently

Essien has just been released from AC, what is he like nowadays?

Good shout. Definitely worth a shout. Not sure about wages, wiki said he earned €2.5m last year. Not sure how that translates but I don't think its far off £30k a week.....

Good shout. Definitely worth a shout. Not sure about wages, wiki said he earned €2.5m last year. Not sure how that translates but I don't think its far off £30k a week.....

Just shy of £37,000 working on an exchange rate of €1.30 to £1 (I think the £ is marginally stronger than that)

Archived