Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

Eder Alvarez Balanta...

Never heard of him but googled him and he's just the type of player I would like to see us go for.

South America is a great place to look as wages are lower and any footballer worth his salt wants to play in one of Europe's big leagues.

I don't mind us being used as a stepping stone for players like this as we improve and eventually make a profit.

He might have a little bit of a pull but he's not going to make more us more attractive than established clubs

Think the point was that we were a step back for EC, so why not 'lesser' players like Adam?

Think the point was that we were a step back for EC, so why not 'lesser' players like Adam?

Cambiasso was a free agent, seemingly no other clubs showed considerable interest which was why his transfer dragged on

Cambiasso was a free agent, seemingly no other clubs showed considerable interest which was why his transfer dragged on

His transfer dragged on because no one else was interested? Thats the complete opposite of what makes a transfer drag on.

It dragged on because he was weighing up his options, contemplating a move to England, and most likely the club was dealing with third party ownership on his side.

Balanta will move to a larger club in Spain, Italy or Portugal

Probably out of our league as the top English clubs and Barcelona have shown an interest. Nothing wrong in coming to a lesser club, show your worth and get a top transfer on the back of it though.  :D

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/535062/Eder-Alvarez-Balanta-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Liverpool-Transfer-River-Plate-Stars-Latest

He might have a little bit of a pull but he's not going to make more us more attractive than established clubs

Was just a light-hearted jab at your Real Madrid comment.

I completely agree that the likes of Shelvey are unrealistic, simply because we can't offer them improvements on what they already have. Even the likes of Adam, whose been a bit of a fringe player at Stoke.

That said, as a second-season Premier League club I think we would have enough pull of our own to make some significant signings. Cambiasso only adds to that should we manage to keep him.

Alex Pritchard could be worth a shout, loan or permanent has looked very solid at Brentford every time I've seen him, could be suitable for both scenarios possible next season

Like this, and realistic too. One goal in four is a good return for a young midfielder, but can see him slowly establishing himself in the Spurs team - all depends how much they want him and how much they'll want for him.

Skillful, composed, can take a good corner - an upgrade on Nick Powell, possibly get him on loan.

Like this, and realistic too. One goal in four is a good return for a young midfielder, but can see him slowly establishing himself in the Spurs team - all depends how much they want him and how much they'll want for him.

Skillful, composed, can take a good corner - an upgrade on Nick Powell, possibly get him on loan.

As much as I think Pritchard is a good shout, I agree with the bold part of the text. The kind of young, home grown player Pochettino liked to bring through at Southampton and has begun to do now at Spurs with the likes of Harry Kane and Ryan Mason.

His transfer dragged on because no one else was interested? Thats the complete opposite of what makes a transfer drag on.

It dragged on because he was weighing up his options, contemplating a move to England, and most likely the club was dealing with third party ownership on his side.

I didn't word it particularly well but we were probably Cambiasso's last resort, he probably hoped another club would would come in whilst we were negotiating with him

Was just a light-hearted jab at your Real Madrid comment.

I completely agree that the likes of Shelvey are unrealistic, simply because we can't offer them improvements on what they already have. Even the likes of Adam, whose been a bit of a fringe player at Stoke.

That said, as a second-season Premier League club I think we would have enough pull of our own to make some significant signings. Cambiasso only adds to that should we manage to keep him.

fair enough

Looks like javier Hernandez (and a lot of money) might go to Southampton with Clyne going the other way.

He wants somewhere where he will play every week. Madrid won't take option on signing him for 7.5m and he wants to play. He's meant to becoming back to prem.

Signing of the summer whoever gets him.

I know it ain't gonna happen as we won't break the bank.

Looks like javier Hernandez (and a lot of money) might go to Southampton with Clyne going the other way.

He wants somewhere where he will play every week. Madrid won't take option on signing him for 7.5m and he wants to play. He's meant to becoming back to prem.

7.5m cheaper than Ulloa!!.....

Id have to say Southampton get the better end of the deal for me there.

Javier Hernandez is a class act, and im sure they will dip into Holland, Italy, France and pick up a decent right back.

What theyve lacked is goals, and id be amazed if he doesnt give them that.

Think Hernandez is a bit over-rated although I think he'd be good enough for someone like us. Wages might be an issue though.

If we're signing someone Mexican then lets bag the superior Vela or Gio Dos Santos. Admittedly both are too good for us.

I quite like the idea of looking to South America. Some real value to be had out there. I don't get why English clubs wait for Spain to buy them all first and then buy them for five times more from the Spanish club.

Lucas Romero is someone I haven't seen play, though highly rated by all accounts. Can't really say for sure without actually watching him but I agree with whoever said that it's the kind of player we ought to go for. It isn't that unrealistic either I don't think. He's in a similar kind of category to Kramaric.

Archived